Feb 15, 2014, 4:56 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, February 15, four days before the start of the NFL Combine. Nickel coverage Earlier this week, Jim Haslett told ESPN 980 that he didn’t pay much attention to the number of yards his defense gave up. “That’s kind of for losers,” he said. Let’s put…
Jan 19, 2014, 7:06 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, January 19, 51 days before NFL free agency starts. Nickel coverage Here is a look at Joe Gibbs’ five appearances in the NFC championship game: 1982 (season) vs. Cowboys—I don’t care how loud they say it’s going to get today in Seattle, it won’t be…
Jan 12, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
Jay Gruden is a different breed of coach for the Washington Redskins. Not since they hired Joe Gibbs in 1981 have they gone with a relatively unknown coordinator with a limited record of success and no experience a head coach as their new head man. Since then they have hired two coordinators without head coaching…
Jan 7, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
Ten years ago today, the Redskins’ search for a new head coach revolved around guys like Ray Rhodes and some other retreads who had been fired as head coaches at least once. At least that was what we knew during the search for Steve Spurrier’s replacement. But on the evening of January 7, 2004 word…
Jan 6, 2014, 10:55 AM EDT
Bruce Allen and the Redskins are trying to accomplish one of the most difficult feats in all of sports. They are trying to catch a rising star. From looking at the head coaching candidates that we know about the most notable thing is a lack of notable NFL accomplishments. Jim Caldwell was the head coach…
Follow Us On Twitter
- VIDEO: McNabb throws out first pitch at Cubs game
- Enemy Intel: Can the Redskins contain Odell Beckham Jr.?
- How will Cavanaugh impact RG3?
- Redskins position preview: Cornerback
- The most overrated and underrated Redskins
- Redskins will benefit the least from Richardson, McClain and Hardy suspensions
- Even after free agency, Redskins Super Bowl odds still get worse
- Is play action a cure for Redskins' and RG3's problems?
- Ryan Kerrigan gives update on knee after surgery
- Redskins preseason Q&A: Which rookie will have the most impact?