Feb 15, 2014, 4:56 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, February 15, four days before the start of the NFL Combine. Nickel coverage Earlier this week, Jim Haslett told ESPN 980 that he didn’t pay much attention to the number of yards his defense gave up. “That’s kind of for losers,” he said. Let’s put…
Jan 19, 2014, 7:06 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, January 19, 51 days before NFL free agency starts. Nickel coverage Here is a look at Joe Gibbs’ five appearances in the NFC championship game: 1982 (season) vs. Cowboys—I don’t care how loud they say it’s going to get today in Seattle, it won’t be…
Jan 12, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
Jay Gruden is a different breed of coach for the Washington Redskins. Not since they hired Joe Gibbs in 1981 have they gone with a relatively unknown coordinator with a limited record of success and no experience a head coach as their new head man. Since then they have hired two coordinators without head coaching…
Jan 7, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
Ten years ago today, the Redskins’ search for a new head coach revolved around guys like Ray Rhodes and some other retreads who had been fired as head coaches at least once. At least that was what we knew during the search for Steve Spurrier’s replacement. But on the evening of January 7, 2004 word…
Jan 6, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
Bruce Allen and the Redskins are trying to accomplish one of the most difficult feats in all of sports. They are trying to catch a rising star. From looking at the head coaching candidates that we know about the most notable thing is a lack of notable NFL accomplishments. Jim Caldwell was the head coach…
Follow Us On Twitter
- A look at the draft possibilities for the Redskins and Ravens
- Report: Eagles will trade LeSean McCoy
- Report: Eagles poised to release veteran pass-rusher
- Jean-Francois discusses Barry, Hatcher, scheme tweaks and 'HTTR'
- Are the Redskins serious about retaining Orakpo?
- OPEN THREAD: Will Brian Orakpo make it back with the Redskins?
- HOT TOPIC: Should the NFL expand playoffs?
- Redskins stay or go: WR Leonard Hankerson
- B-Mitch doubles down: Redskins should go after Ndamukong Suh
- Jay Gruden talks about 2014: Nobody likes to lose