Feb 15, 2014, 4:56 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, February 15, four days before the start of the NFL Combine. Nickel coverage Earlier this week, Jim Haslett told ESPN 980 that he didn’t pay much attention to the number of yards his defense gave up. “That’s kind of for losers,” he said. Let’s put…
Jan 19, 2014, 7:06 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, January 19, 51 days before NFL free agency starts. Nickel coverage Here is a look at Joe Gibbs’ five appearances in the NFC championship game: 1982 (season) vs. Cowboys—I don’t care how loud they say it’s going to get today in Seattle, it won’t be…
Jan 12, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
Jay Gruden is a different breed of coach for the Washington Redskins. Not since they hired Joe Gibbs in 1981 have they gone with a relatively unknown coordinator with a limited record of success and no experience a head coach as their new head man. Since then they have hired two coordinators without head coaching…
Jan 7, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
Ten years ago today, the Redskins’ search for a new head coach revolved around guys like Ray Rhodes and some other retreads who had been fired as head coaches at least once. At least that was what we knew during the search for Steve Spurrier’s replacement. But on the evening of January 7, 2004 word…
Jan 6, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
Bruce Allen and the Redskins are trying to accomplish one of the most difficult feats in all of sports. They are trying to catch a rising star. From looking at the head coaching candidates that we know about the most notable thing is a lack of notable NFL accomplishments. Jim Caldwell was the head coach…
Follow Us On Twitter
- Week 12 fantasy ranks: Jonas Gray news; sneaky sleeper start
- Fantasy Fix, Redskins-49ers: Mining for offense
- RG3, Redskins begin a critical stetch in San Francisco
- Pros, cons, and X factors: Redskins vs. 49ers prediction
- Opponents adjusting to Redskins' defense well before halftime
- McVay on RG3: 'There’s been a lot of distractions'
- Gruden hopes RG3 improves soon: 'We don't have a lot of time'
- Gruden on drama: 'It wasn’t a distraction'
- Redskins' Baker, Reed out vs. 49ers; Williams questionable
- Redskins defense not helping itself with interceptions