Jul 16, 2014, 1:27 PM EST
It is doubtful that Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton will ever earn a nickname like “The Mad Bomber” or anything similar. But Jay Gruden’s quarterback went deep more than any other quarterback in the NFL last year. According to ESPN, Gruden’s Bengals led the league in passes that traveled 20 yards or more past the line…
Jul 4, 2014, 6:13 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Friday, July 4, 20 days before the Redskins start training camp. Three and out Yesterday we looked at how frequently Jay Gruden called passes when he was the offensive coordinator with the Bengals. Now lets flip the coin over and look at his running play calls…
Jul 3, 2014, 4:46 AM EST
Here is what you need to know on this Thursday, July 3, 21 days before the Redskins start training camp. Three and out I was doing some research on pass attempts by the Bengals over the three years that Jay Gruden was calling plays there. I found out more interesting stuff than I could use…
Jun 23, 2014, 11:02 AM EST
The Redskins went into the pre-training camp break with the same 90 players they had on the roster prior to OTAs. That means that Darrel Young remains the only fullback on the roster. Some might look at that as good news for Young. Not having competition for your job could take a lot of the…
Jun 10, 2014, 1:55 PM EST
Redskins tight end Jordan Reed lived in the short area of the field in his rookie 2013 season. He was targeted 60 times (all stats via Pro Football Focus unless noted) last year and only two of those passes traveled 20 or more yards in the air. That was a pass deep down the right…
Feb 14, 2014, 11:55 AM EST
We have heard that when he was the offensive coordinator of the Bengals, Jay Gruden liked to employ tall receivers. Almost any discussion of a potential Redskins free agent or draft target starts with “how tall is he”? Sometimes these “preference” are exaggerated by the presence of one tall player. Someone might look at the…
Follow Us On Twitter
- Do the Redskins need to find new returners in 2016?
- Have the Redskins found the answer at right tackle?
- NBC10: No warrant expected for LeSean McCoy until next week
- For Redskins and Cousins no news is good news
- How different will the Redskins' D-line look in 2016?
- Redskins outclass NFC East for 2015 rookie haul
- Ballhawks wanted at Redskins Park
- What will the Redskins' depth chart look like at safety?
- Report: Former Redskins WR injured after accidentally shooting self
- After an improbable rise, can Quinton Dunbar keep improving?