Mar 4, 2015, 9:56 AM EDT
The Eagles started making news on Tuesday afternoon when word got out that they were going to part ways with cornerback Cary Williams and pass rushers Trent Cole and Brandon Graham. While Philly fans and media were working on figuring out how these starters would be replaced with no obvious candidates to step in on…
Sep 19, 2014, 4:52 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Friday, September 19, two days before the Washington Redskins go to Philadelphia to play the Eagles. Notes and quotes from Redskins Park —Eagles coach Chip Kelly has a lot of different types of screens in the Eagles’ offense. But to Jim Haslett, the effectiveness of the…
Apr 5, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
We’ve been waiting for it and on Friday we got it—a gloves-off bashing of DeSean Jackson emanating from the so-called City of Brotherly Love. A CBS Philly post quotes a number of “sources close to and around” the Eagles in a takedown of Jackson in painting a picture of him as an all-round bad guy…
Sep 9, 2013, 1:54 PM EDT
Week 1 games are difficult to predict. Without looking it up, I’m sure that I picked the Saints to win comfortably a year ago today as the Redskins went to New Orleans for RG3’s debut. I don’t think I saw them beating the Giants behind Rex Grossman in 2011. Perhaps I called the win over…
Sep 5, 2013, 10:25 AM EDT
Chip Kelly said that he isn’t worried about the fast pace of his new Eagles’ offense to wear down his defense. “It’s always about plays run, depending on how man plays the other team can run and our defense [faces],” he said on a conference all with reporters on Wednesday. “I don’t think we’ve run…
Aug 21, 2013, 9:25 AM EDT
Eagles coach Chip Kelly named Mike Vick to be his team’s starting quarterback for the 2013 season. The Redskins, Philadelphia’s opening-week opponent, should be concerned. Vick arrived in Philadelphia in 2010, the same season that Mike Shanahan took over as Redskins coach. In that time, Vick has started and finished three games against Washington and…
Aug 16, 2013, 5:51 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Friday, August 16, three days before the Redskins host the Steelers at FedEx Field. Redskins studying Oregon to prep for Eagles RICHMOND—Last year the Redskins looked at a lot of film from Baylor games to try to design an offense that would suit their new quarterback,…
Follow Us On Twitter
- NFL to interview players named in Al-Jazeera report, what does that mean for Manning?
- Redskins' McCoy on backing up Cousins: 'I try to help him as much as I can'
- Need to Know: The Redskins week that was—Cousins on the rise
- Redskins position preview: Cornerbacks
- Will the Redskins air it out more in 2016?
- Need to Know: The top five receivers the Redskins will face in 2016
- Redskins' Callahan on Lichtensteiger: 'We’re fortunate to have him'
- As deadline approaches, little momentum for Kirk Cousins' long-term deal
- Left guard preview: Big competition coming at Redskins camp
- Need to Know: RB Arian Foster says he’s ready to go—should the Redskins call?