May 2, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
A good mix of draft and non-draft questions today, let’s jump right into it. @Rich_TandlerCSN how do you think the secondary will hold up if we have a better pass rush #RedskinsTalk — Hol Dat Noise (@_CountUpMOB) May 1, 2014 Pass defense starts with pass pressure. If the front seven can consistently get pressure rushing…
Mar 4, 2014, 5:12 PM EDT
The Redskins released five players today and as a result they have about $3.3 million more in salary cap space than they did to start the day. There are cap savings totaling almost $4.8 million with the releases of Carriker (savings of $2.99 million), Rocca ($1.2 million) and Quinn ($570,000). The cap savings consist of…
Feb 10, 2014, 5:05 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, February 10, nine days before the NFL Combine. Nickel coverage The players who have the Redskins’ top five salary cap numbers: 1. LT Trent Williams, $10.98 million—He was among the last high draft picks under the old system where early draft picks got six-year contracts…
Jan 27, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Salary cap review: Defensive line As Jay Gruden continues the process of assembling the playbook, people in another part of the building at Redskins Park are looking forward to free agency and how best to utilize the approximately $28 million in cap space the Redskins have. Here we’ll take a position-by-position look at the cap…
Jan 3, 2014, 5:51 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Friday, January 3, 67 days before the start of free agency. Nickel coverage It’s a fact of life that players get cut during the offseason in order for a team to create more cap space. The presence of a new coaching staff can make for even…
Nov 21, 2013, 5:47 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Thursday, November 21, four days before the Washington Redskins host the San Francisco 49ers. Nickel coverage Five things from Redskins Park 1. Even though Mike Shanahan said that he is a “very long shot” to be activated, Adam Carriker took to the practice field for the…
Sep 8, 2013, 6:45 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, September 8, one day before the Redskins open up their season against the Eagles at FedEx Field. That Was the Week That Was A look back at last week’s headlines. —Jose Gumbs made the Redskins’ 53-man roster. He earned his roster spot with hustle and…
Follow Us On Twitter
- Before signing Josh Norman, Redskins had sights set on Brandon Browner
- Josh Norman sees the fiery side of Kirk Cousins at Redskins OTAs: 'I was like, calm down'
- Meaningful work in Redskins' rushing game will have to wait until camp
- DeAngelo Hall on DeSean Jackson's OTAs absence: 'You want him here, but...'
- Redskins G Shawn Lauvao is progressing, but can he reclaim his starting job?
- Need to Know: Is Jackson's absence from some Redskins OTAs an issue?
- No brawl, just competition between Josh Norman and Kirk Cousins
- Kirk Cousins is comfortable taking 'ownership' of Redskins' offense now
- Redskins teammates already putting Jordan Reed in elite class
- Redskins rookie WR Josh Doctson held out of OTAs