Sep 26, 2016, 4:26 AM EDT
EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ—Here is what you need to know on this Monday, September 26, six days before the Washington Redskins host the Cleveland Browns.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference 3:00 p.m., CSN carries both on TV and digital
—Days until: Browns @ Redskins 6; Redskins @ Ravens 14; Eagles @ Redskins 20
Redskins 29, Giants 27 by the numbers
2000—The year the last time a Redskins player had both an interception and a pass reception in the same game like Quinton Dunbar did today. It’s happened 47 times in the NFL since 1960. Dick James was the only other Redskins to accomplish the feat in that time span; he did it against the Cowboys in 1961.
7—The number of consecutive games in which the Redskins have complied at least 350 yards of offense. That’s the longest such stretch in team history.
5—The number of field goals by Dustin Hopkins today, tying the team record. It’s been done eight times before, three times each by Curt Knight and Chip Lohmiller, once by Mark Moseley and most recently by Shaun Suisham against the Jets in 2007.
9—The number of active players who have 8,000 or more career receiving yards. When he caught the 44-yard touchdown pass from Kirk Cousins today DeSean Jackson joined that group. Also in the 8K yards club are Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Jason Witten, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, and Anquan Boldin.
7—The number of years it’s been since the Redskins successfully executed a fake kick play. The last time it happened before Tress Way went to Quinton Dunbar for 31 yards on a fake punt was in 2009, when holder Hunter Smith hit Mike Sellers with a touchdown pass on a fake field goal.
7—We’ll go with one more seven here, the number of yards that Rob Kelley gained on his first four NFL carries.
Tandler on Twitter
In case you missed it
- Dunbar’s big day a first for Redskins since Y2K
- Beckham gets yards, but Norman gets win
- Injuries force strange shift on Redskins offensive line
- Redskins survive behind patchwork line
- Updates on Redskins injuries
- Five things learned from Redskins vs. Giants
- Redskins capitalize on turnovers to edge Giants for first win
Follow Us On Twitter
- Despite mistakes, Redskins' Gruden has faith in WR Grant
- NFC East Update: Redskins loss in Detroit might prove costly as Eagles beat Vikings
- Jay Gruden understands Redskins D-line complaints: They don't get paid to backpedal
- Bigger workloads for Redskins' Thompson, Kelley easier said than done
- Need to Know: Last words on Redskins vs. Lions—It just wasn't Washington's day
- Stephen A. Smith mocks Redskins again after loss to Lions
- Redskins injury report: Team will monitor Williams, Scherff
- Jordan Reed will practice for Redskins, but he's still not cleared to play vs. Bengals
- Josh Norman's return from concussion could be complicated by London travel
- Initial Trent Williams injury news is 'good,' per CSN source