Sep 19, 2016, 5:41 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, September 19, six days before the Washington Redskins visit the New York Giants.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference, 3 p.m., CSN
—Days until: Browns @ Redskins 13; Redskins @ Ravens 20; Eagles @ Redskins 27
Five final thoughts on Redskins vs. Cowboys
102—Receiving yards for Dez Bryant on Sunday. Dak Prescott found him open when he needed to.
83—Rushing yards for Ezekiel Elliott on Sunday. The rookie needed 21 carries to get there but he slashed and battled for extra yards in an impressive performance. It wasn’t an utter failure by the rushing defense, just a team with a good young back and a solid offensive line committed to the run.
2—The number of red zone interceptions Kirk Cousins has this year, one in each game. He had zero in his career coming into the season.
0—The number of interceptions of any kind that rookie quarterback Dak Prescott has thrown in two games.
4.3—Matt Jones’ average per rushing attempt over two games this year. That not great but in a small sample size it is an improvement over the 3.4 average he posted as a rookie last year. If you give a back who averages 4.3 per carry 16 carries per game you have a back with 1,100 yards rushing by the end of the year.
29—The number of rushing attempts the Redskins have had in two games this season. That would project to 232 rushing attempts over the course of a season.
6—The number of field goal attempts Dustin Hopkins has hit in six attempts this year. Hey, at least something is going right.
Tandler on Twitter
In case you missed it
- Cousins has looked shaky despite full offseason as starter
- Dak solves Redskins’ defense
- Francois critical of lack of adjustments
- Jones: Cowboys find poetic justice for Alfred Morris
- 5 things we learned from Redskins 27-23 loss to Cowboys
- Game Recap: Morris scores go-ahead touchdown in Cowboys win
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Josh Norman planning celebration that puts NFL in awkward spot
- Injury report: Cravens a full go in practice but status for game still uncertain
- Redskins one of the best in NFL at preventing long plays
- Redskins without two key offensive players at Thursday's practice
- A few plays here and there could have led to different results for the Redskins
- Redskins' Kirk Cousins shuts down report he's affected by criticism: 'Not accurate'
- DeAngelo Hall appreciates Brian Mitchell's response to Stephen A. Smith on Redskins comments
- Kirk Cousins has apparently never said a bad word in front of Jay Gruden
- Need to Know: Despite four-game win streak, Redskins don't think they've done anything
- Redskins TE Niles Paul says he was fined by NFL for custom cleats