Sep 19, 2016, 5:41 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, September 19, six days before the Washington Redskins visit the New York Giants.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference, 3 p.m., CSN
—Days until: Browns @ Redskins 13; Redskins @ Ravens 20; Eagles @ Redskins 27
Five final thoughts on Redskins vs. Cowboys
102—Receiving yards for Dez Bryant on Sunday. Dak Prescott found him open when he needed to.
83—Rushing yards for Ezekiel Elliott on Sunday. The rookie needed 21 carries to get there but he slashed and battled for extra yards in an impressive performance. It wasn’t an utter failure by the rushing defense, just a team with a good young back and a solid offensive line committed to the run.
2—The number of red zone interceptions Kirk Cousins has this year, one in each game. He had zero in his career coming into the season.
0—The number of interceptions of any kind that rookie quarterback Dak Prescott has thrown in two games.
4.3—Matt Jones’ average per rushing attempt over two games this year. That not great but in a small sample size it is an improvement over the 3.4 average he posted as a rookie last year. If you give a back who averages 4.3 per carry 16 carries per game you have a back with 1,100 yards rushing by the end of the year.
29—The number of rushing attempts the Redskins have had in two games this season. That would project to 232 rushing attempts over the course of a season.
6—The number of field goal attempts Dustin Hopkins has hit in six attempts this year. Hey, at least something is going right.
Tandler on Twitter
In case you missed it
- Cousins has looked shaky despite full offseason as starter
- Dak solves Redskins’ defense
- Francois critical of lack of adjustments
- Jones: Cowboys find poetic justice for Alfred Morris
- 5 things we learned from Redskins 27-23 loss to Cowboys
- Game Recap: Morris scores go-ahead touchdown in Cowboys win
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: First thoughts on Redskins vs. Browns—Too obvious to be a trap
- Redskins announce Lichtensteiger, Hall to injured reserve, two players signed
- Redskins move Kory Lichtensteiger to IR, make add at center, per report
- With DeAngelo Hall done for the year, Redskins try out former Gators safety
- Redskins' Cousins passing more often and more effectively on first down
- Number Crunch - Redskins offense looks poised for a breakout
- Center depth issues not new for Redskins - even with attempts to improve
- Kouandjio likely to start at left guard for Redskins on Sunday
- Need to Know: Final thoughts on Redskins vs. Giants—Is the Cousins of 2015 back yet?
- Gruden presser wrapup: Even he's not sure what a catch is