Sep 13, 2016, 6:51 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, September 13, five days before the Washington Redskins host the Dallas Cowboys.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference (via conference call) 3 p.m.
—Days until: Browns @ Redskins 19; Redskins @ Ravens 26; Eagles @ Redskins 33
Stock up-stock down vs Steelers
Here are the players who improved their stock against the Steelers and the ones who had some issues.
Up—DeSean Jackson had 102 yards receiving, showing some tangible result for the excellent training camp and preseason he has had. He also drew a 46-yard pass interference flag late in the game.
Down—Bashaud Breeland probably didn’t deserve all of the criticism that came his way—it took perfect passes and outstanding catches to beat him a lot of the time—but he did not have a good night. It will take him at least a few games to rebuild his reputation as a solid corner.
Up—Chris Thompson scored the first rushing touchdown of his career and helped protect Kirk Cousins, who was not sacked in 43 pass attempts.
Down—It’s been a while since Trent Williams appeared on this list. But he committed a false start, a holding penalty, and flat out missed some blocks that helped spike the running game. This was not a game that will help him build his All-Pro resume.
Up—Jordan Reed got off to a fast start, disappeared for a while, and then made a few more catches later on. He had 7 receptions for 64 yards, a solid start to the season.
Down—Preston Smith still has a lot to learn. He had some chances to get Ben Roethlisberger down but he tried to bring Big Ben down like he’s a normal QB. He’s not. All Smith had to show for playing the entire game was three assisted tackles. No solos, no sacks.
Tandler on Twitter
In case you missed it
- Steelers’ big plays too much for Redskins
- 5 things we learned from Skins-Steelers
- Norman defends game plan for defending Brown
- Injury thwarts RG3’s return to FedEx Field
- Redskins’ last two losses look very similar
- Breeland tweets message of positivity after struggling
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins Playbook: Determining rotation of Trent Murphy, Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith
- Martrell Spaight loses bet to Deshazor Everett - Instagram photo shows true disappointment
- Bonus #RedskinsTalk: Will Blackmon talks replacing D-Hall and Game of Thrones
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well