Sep 1, 2016, 5:34 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Thursday, September 1, two days before the Washington Redskins cut their roster to 53 players.
—Today’s schedule: Off day, no availability
—The Redskins last played a game that counted 233 days ago. It will be 11 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Cowboys @ Redskins 17; Browns @ Redskins 31; Redskins @ Ravens 38
Stock up/stock down vs. the Bucs
Up—If Mack Brown had stopped after his 60-yard touchdown list he would have been up but he didn’t quit there. I still don’t think he will make the 53 but it’s hard to say he doesn’t deserve to.
Down—Logan Paulsen is on the bubble and he won’t work himself onto the good side of it with his performance against the Bucs. His three first-half drops kept Nate Sudfeld from getting untracked.
Up—Robert Kelley saw some action and rushed for 99 yards on 16 carries. He was a lock before the game but he could be earning some running back by committee carries.
Down—All Matt Ioannidis had to do to lock up a roster spot was show up this summer. He didn’t and it was capped off tonight with another invisible performance. He’s very much on the bubble.
Up—Cullen Jenkins may have been a roster lock after Stephen Paea was cut but he solidified his spot with a sack and some lively play on the line.
Down—Nate Sudfeld did suffer from some drops but he didn’t make many good throws. The Redskins wanted to run the ball but it’s hard to play for four quarters in the NFL and pass for only 72 yards. He didn’t turn the ball over but that was about it on the plus side.
Tandler on Twitter
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins survive behind makeshift offensive line
- Redskins win, but await status of multiple injured players
- Five things we learned from the Redskins win over the Giants
- Report: Redskins' DeAngelo Hall was told he'd torn ACL, MRI scheduled
- Redskins get first win, capitalize on turnovers to edge Giants 29-27
- Odell Beckham Jr. fights kicking net, loses
- Injuries to Lauvao, Lichtensteiger force strange shift on Redskins offensive line
- DeAngelo Hall out after being helped off the field with knee injury
- Josh Norman lifts and carries Odell Beckham in the endzone
- Breeland out after suffering early ankle injury