Aug 17, 2016, 4:59 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Wednesday, August 17, two days before the Washington Redskins play the New York Jets at FedEx Field.
—Today’s schedule: Practice 1:10; player availability and Jay Gruden news conference after practice.
—The Redskins last played a game that counted 220 days ago. It will be 26 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Final roster cut 17; Cowboys @ Redskins 32; Browns @ Redskins 46
The Redskins by the numbers
19.7—The 2015 Redskins’ average margin of defeat against teams that finished the season with winning records. There were three such games and all of them were on the road (Jets, Patriots, Panthers).
6—The number of teams that had winning records in 2015 that are on the Redskins’ schedule this year.
1—The number of those games that are true road games. That is in one in Arizona. One, against the Bengals, is in London, and four (Steelers, Vikings, Packers, Panthers) are at home.
64.1—Kirk Cousins’ completion percentage on passes thrown inside the 10 yard line. That ranked second among players who threw at least 25 passes inside the 10.
16—The number of touchdown passes Cousins threw from inside the 10. That was third in the NFL.
0—The number of red zone interceptions that Cousins threw last year. He had more red zone attempts (79) than any other QB who didn’t throw a red zone interception.
133—The number of receiving yards Jordan Reed had in the red zone. That led the NFL.
Tandler on Twitter
In case you missed it
- When will it be time to panic?
- Play calling mechanics unlikely to change
- Roster projection: How will the final 53 look after training camp?
- Michael Crabtree? Josh Doctson? What’s the connection?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Jamison Crowder drops Giants special-teamer with obscene juke
- Quinton Dunbar did something Redskins haven't done since before Facebook existed
- Odell Beckham gets yards, but Josh Norman's Redskins get the win
- Redskins survive behind makeshift offensive line
- Redskins win, but await status of multiple injured players
- Five things we learned from the Redskins win over the Giants
- Report: Redskins' DeAngelo Hall was told he'd torn ACL, MRI scheduled
- Redskins get first win, capitalize on turnovers to edge Giants 29-27
- Odell Beckham Jr. fights kicking net, loses
- Injuries to Lauvao, Lichtensteiger force strange shift on Redskins offensive line