Aug 14, 2016, 3:09 PM EDT
RICHMOND—This is it, folks, the last day of practice this year that I’ll be able to watch and write about in any amount of detail. So follow along as I give you the highlights as they unfold.
–Yesterday I managed to make it thorough practice without my iPad crashing due to the heat. I’ll try the same techniques as I did yesterday but if some time goes by without an update, that’s why.
–It sure seems as though Perry Riley watches an awful lot, even during special teams drills. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a surprise cut on Sept. 3.
–Good technique by Logan Paulsen to use his body to shield Mason Foster while catching a short route. It’s stuff like that that coaches love and gives him a chance at sticking around for another season.
–There was a brief scare yesterday when Ty Nsekhe went down with what looked like a knee injury. But after a minute or two on the ground he got up and walked around. It was near the end of practice. He’s back full go today.
–Jordan Reed has a knack for making little plays look spectacular. He just made a one-handed catch of a desperation short pass that Kirk Cousins flipped in his direction. ;Just routine, he stuck out a paw and pulled it in.
–Trent Williams is not playing in full team work. He could still play against the Jets if he’s able and if the coaches think he needs to, even though there is only one more full practice between today and the game.
–Seven on seven has been mostly lackluster for far. Right when I was walking up Couins hit on a long one to DeSean Jackson. I saw Josh Norman trailing him but I’m not sure how close he was or what happened on the play.
–If reps over the last few days are an indication, Dashaun Phillips is the first nickel cornerback. He is in there with the first team whenever nickel is called for. That puts Kendall Fuller at the No. 4 CB, a somewhat low status for a third-round pick.
–Will Blackmon just missed tipping a pass away from Ryan Grant. And by just missed I mean a few inches. Grant made the grab and turned upfield.
They are close to wrapping this up (Gruden said they might cut it short due to the heat) and my iPad is overheating so that will be in from Richmond. Thanks for following along.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins announce Lichtensteiger, Hall to injured reserve, two players signed
- Redskins move Kory Lichtensteiger to IR, make add at center, per report
- With DeAngelo Hall done for the year, Redskins try out former Gators safety
- Redskins' Cousins passing more often and more effectively on first down
- Number Crunch - Redskins offense looks poised for a breakout
- Center depth issues not new for Redskins - even with attempts to improve
- Kouandjio likely to start at left guard for Redskins on Sunday
- Need to Know: Final thoughts on Redskins vs. Giants—Is the Cousins of 2015 back yet?
- Gruden presser wrapup: Even he's not sure what a catch is
- Why all options are on the table for Redskins' offensive line