Aug 13, 2016, 4:05 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, August 13, six days before the Washington Redskins play the New York Jets at FedEx Field.
—Today’s schedule: Fan Appreciation Day at Bon Secours Training Center. Practice 1:35; player availability and Jay Gruden news conference after practice, approx. 3:30
—The Redskins last played a game that counted 216 days ago. It will be 30 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Final roster cut 21; Cowboys @ Redskins 36; Browns @ Redskins 50
The Redskins week that was
Redskins release first depth chart—The Redskins go to great pains to let everyone know that the depth chart they release is unofficial. Jay Gruden said that he wouldn’t even had a depth chart up in his office until the third preseason game. But we still find out some nuggets like Trent Murphy’s position change. And fans, to be sure, are interested.
Stock up/down vs. Falcons—Preseason games aren’t about the final score, they are about how well the individual players perform. After every one I do a quick analysis of who stuck out as being good and bad.
Projecting the Redskins’ 53-man roster—This topic always generates some discussion and disagreement. This time the most controversial aspect was my exclusion of a certain running back. And after another few days of practice and a preseason game I’ve started to change who I think will be in and out (although I’m still on the fence about that running back).
Gruden reveals emergency QB plans—Fans are always curious about subjects like this. Who is it? Click on the post to find out.
Redskins practice report—Day 9—This was from last Sunday. Among the highlights here were Mack Brown and a good two-minute drill led by Cousins. Among the lowlights were josh LeRibeus’ shotgun snaps and Arie Kouandjio struggling in one-on-one blocking.
Tandler on Twitter
In case you missed it
- Redskins nearly empty the bench
- Should Cousins have played more?
- What does Tyrod Taylor’s deal mean for Redskins talks with Kirk Cousins
- McCloughan on Redskins preseason opener: ‘Some good, some bad’
Follow Us On Twitter
- Andre Roberts has actually been productive for the Lions this season
- Barry: Fuller very 'football mature', credits Virginia Tech
- WWE wrestler does Josh Norman's bow & arrow celebration in the ring
- Need to Know: Redskins key to the game—A big day from Cousins
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast - Duke Ihenacho opens up about playing time and Mexican food
- Redskins' Josh Norman planning celebration that puts NFL in awkward spot
- Injury report: Cravens a full go in practice but status for game still uncertain
- Redskins one of the best in NFL at preventing long plays
- Redskins without two key offensive players at Thursday's practice
- A few plays here and there could have led to different results for the Redskins