Aug 13, 2016, 4:05 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, August 13, six days before the Washington Redskins play the New York Jets at FedEx Field.
—Today’s schedule: Fan Appreciation Day at Bon Secours Training Center. Practice 1:35; player availability and Jay Gruden news conference after practice, approx. 3:30
—The Redskins last played a game that counted 216 days ago. It will be 30 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Final roster cut 21; Cowboys @ Redskins 36; Browns @ Redskins 50
The Redskins week that was
Redskins release first depth chart—The Redskins go to great pains to let everyone know that the depth chart they release is unofficial. Jay Gruden said that he wouldn’t even had a depth chart up in his office until the third preseason game. But we still find out some nuggets like Trent Murphy’s position change. And fans, to be sure, are interested.
Stock up/down vs. Falcons—Preseason games aren’t about the final score, they are about how well the individual players perform. After every one I do a quick analysis of who stuck out as being good and bad.
Projecting the Redskins’ 53-man roster—This topic always generates some discussion and disagreement. This time the most controversial aspect was my exclusion of a certain running back. And after another few days of practice and a preseason game I’ve started to change who I think will be in and out (although I’m still on the fence about that running back).
Gruden reveals emergency QB plans—Fans are always curious about subjects like this. Who is it? Click on the post to find out.
Redskins practice report—Day 9—This was from last Sunday. Among the highlights here were Mack Brown and a good two-minute drill led by Cousins. Among the lowlights were josh LeRibeus’ shotgun snaps and Arie Kouandjio struggling in one-on-one blocking.
Tandler on Twitter
In case you missed it
- Redskins nearly empty the bench
- Should Cousins have played more?
- What does Tyrod Taylor’s deal mean for Redskins talks with Kirk Cousins
- McCloughan on Redskins preseason opener: ‘Some good, some bad’
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Final thoughts on Redskins vs. Giants
- Redskins vs Giants Preview: 5 things you need to know as 'Skins get desperate
- Tandler's Redskins-centric look around the NFL, Week 3
- Redskins Gruden on rookie Kendall Fuller: He's just the odd man out, for now
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Giants
- How Dr. Robin West handles when Redskins and Nationals players get hurt
- Redskins injury report: DeSean Jackson, Trent Williams good to go for Giants game
- Redskins' Preston Smith hasn't had start he wanted, but knows 'anything can happen'
- Redskins Playbook: Still lots of questions on defensive line
- Redskins vs. Giants Week 3 Preview, predictions, storylines, betting odds