Aug 12, 2016, 5:24 AM EDT
ATLANTA—Here is what you need to know on this Friday, August 12, seven days before the Washington Redskins play the New York Jets at FedEx Field.
—Today’s schedule: No availability
—The Redskins last played a game 215 days ago. It will be 31 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Final roster cut 22; Cowboys @ Redskins 37; Browns @ Redskins 51
Stock up, stock down vs. Falcons
Up—Su’a Cravens was all over the field on defense, making a few impressive open-field tackles. And let’s not forget the stop he made on special teams. He will have a huge role on both D and teams.
Down—CB Quinton Dunbar twice got burned by former Redskins receiver Aldrick Robinson, giving up bombs from Matt Schaub that covered 47 and 68 yards and set up a touchdown and a field goal.
Up—NT Ziggy Hood dominated the Falcons’ backup line. As often happens when a nose tackle plays well, he didn’t show up on the stat sheet. But I guarantee you the middle of the Atlanta offensive line while he was in there knew that he played.
Down—There will be better nights for RB Keith Marshall. The rookie carried five times for minus-one yard. To be fair, the Redskins didn’t rush well as a team, gaining just 79 yards for the game. But Marshall still had a bad pro debut.
Up—WR Rashad Ross gets an up arrow even though he dropped a pass that would have made Nate Sudfeld’s night look a lot better. But Ross did catch four passes for 49 yards, including one on fourth and three that kept a touchdown drive alive so the good did outweigh the bad.
Tandler on Twitter
In case you missed it
- Redskins lose sloppy preseason opener
- NTK: Focus on running backs
- Short night, but Cousins looks efficient in Redskins preseason opener
- Norman leads pregame prayer, DBs chant
Follow Us On Twitter
- Despite mistakes, Redskins' Gruden has faith in WR Grant
- NFC East Update: Redskins loss in Detroit might prove costly as Eagles beat Vikings
- Jay Gruden understands Redskins D-line complaints: They don't get paid to backpedal
- Bigger workloads for Redskins' Thompson, Kelley easier said than done
- Need to Know: Last words on Redskins vs. Lions—It just wasn't Washington's day
- Stephen A. Smith mocks Redskins again after loss to Lions
- Redskins injury report: Team will monitor Williams, Scherff
- Jordan Reed will practice for Redskins, but he's still not cleared to play vs. Bengals
- Josh Norman's return from concussion could be complicated by London travel
- Initial Trent Williams injury news is 'good,' per CSN source