Aug 12, 2016, 5:24 AM EDT
ATLANTA—Here is what you need to know on this Friday, August 12, seven days before the Washington Redskins play the New York Jets at FedEx Field.
—Today’s schedule: No availability
—The Redskins last played a game 215 days ago. It will be 31 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Final roster cut 22; Cowboys @ Redskins 37; Browns @ Redskins 51
Stock up, stock down vs. Falcons
Up—Su’a Cravens was all over the field on defense, making a few impressive open-field tackles. And let’s not forget the stop he made on special teams. He will have a huge role on both D and teams.
Down—CB Quinton Dunbar twice got burned by former Redskins receiver Aldrick Robinson, giving up bombs from Matt Schaub that covered 47 and 68 yards and set up a touchdown and a field goal.
Up—NT Ziggy Hood dominated the Falcons’ backup line. As often happens when a nose tackle plays well, he didn’t show up on the stat sheet. But I guarantee you the middle of the Atlanta offensive line while he was in there knew that he played.
Down—There will be better nights for RB Keith Marshall. The rookie carried five times for minus-one yard. To be fair, the Redskins didn’t rush well as a team, gaining just 79 yards for the game. But Marshall still had a bad pro debut.
Up—WR Rashad Ross gets an up arrow even though he dropped a pass that would have made Nate Sudfeld’s night look a lot better. But Ross did catch four passes for 49 yards, including one on fourth and three that kept a touchdown drive alive so the good did outweigh the bad.
Tandler on Twitter
In case you missed it
- Redskins lose sloppy preseason opener
- NTK: Focus on running backs
- Short night, but Cousins looks efficient in Redskins preseason opener
- Norman leads pregame prayer, DBs chant
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs Giants Preview: 5 things you need to know as 'Skins get desperate
- Tandler's Redskins-centric look around the NFL, Week 3
- Redskins Gruden on rookie Kendall Fuller: He's just the odd man out, for now
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Giants
- How Dr. Robin West handles when Redskins and Nationals players get hurt
- Redskins injury report: DeSean Jackson, Trent Williams good to go for Giants game
- Redskins' Preston Smith hasn't had start he wanted, but knows 'anything can happen'
- Redskins Playbook: Still lots of questions on defensive line
- Redskins vs. Giants Week 3 Preview, predictions, storylines, betting odds
- Need to Know: Around Redskins Park—Will things start to click for Cousins?