Aug 9, 2016, 1:34 PM EDT
RICHMOND—One last practice before the Redskins part for Atlanta. The weather is about what it was yesterday, threatening skies with a good chance of rain. But a moderate rain didn’t knock out the Monday afternoon practice so we shouldn’t expect a little rain to affect today’s proceedings. Check back and refresh often to follow along.
–Two players we know aren’t participating today, Jamison Crowder and Josh Doctson, are in shorts and tees playing catch.
–Crowder just ran some sprints from sideline to sideline in the end zone. He looked like he was moving pretty well. This could be one of those things where he could play if it was in the regular season but there’s no point in risking further injury in preseason Week 1.
–Nice end zone grab by Keith Marshall. Carlos Fields had good coverage in the end zone as Nate Sudfeld lofted the pass. The defender got an arm in there but Marshall make the catch anyway. Good focus by the RB.
–The middle of the field is in rough shape. Matt Jones took a handoff, tried to cut to his left and just lost his footing. It was covered overnight so it doesn’t appear to be wet. It does look brown (cue jokes about getting them ready to play at FedEx Field).
–It seems that Spencer Long and Shwn Lauvao are splitting the snaps at left guard.
–Morgan Moses is taking snaps at left tackle. I wonder if they will flip him over there and put Nsekhe in at right tackle If Trent Williams were to miss a game.
–Rashad Ross with a nice leaping catch with Will Blackmon and Greg Toler nearby. He makes another catch over the middle a couple of plays later. He’s had some days where he’s had a bad case of the drops; today is not one of those days.
–They’re running the starting offense vs. the third-team defense. Nobody is quite sure why.
–Another slip, this one by Robert Kelley. Sure hope nobody gets hurt.
–D-Hall is in a little huddle with Norman, Breeland, Ihnacho, and Toler over on the sideline. He’s doing most of the talking going over some of the finer points of coverage schemes.
–McCoy looked left and threw to Marcel Jensen over the middle. The QB didn’t see Will Compton lurking. The LB jumped and got a hand on the ball but couldn’t haul in the INT.
That’s it for today folks. I’ll be coming to you from Atlanta on Thursday. Let the games begin!
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs Lions Preview: 5 things to know as Washington goes to the Motor City
- NFL reportedly fines Redskins tight end Vernon Davis for jump shot celebration
- Doctson could return from IR in Week 15
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Lions
- Redskins injury report: Cravens good to go
- Redskins place first-round rookie WR Josh Doctson on injured reserve
- Redskins Jay Gruden makes it official: Jordan Reed out against Detroit
- Andre Roberts has actually been productive for the Lions this season
- Barry: Fuller very 'football mature', credits Virginia Tech
- WWE wrestler does Josh Norman's bow & arrow celebration in the ring