Aug 9, 2016, 1:34 PM EDT
RICHMOND—One last practice before the Redskins part for Atlanta. The weather is about what it was yesterday, threatening skies with a good chance of rain. But a moderate rain didn’t knock out the Monday afternoon practice so we shouldn’t expect a little rain to affect today’s proceedings. Check back and refresh often to follow along.
–Two players we know aren’t participating today, Jamison Crowder and Josh Doctson, are in shorts and tees playing catch.
–Crowder just ran some sprints from sideline to sideline in the end zone. He looked like he was moving pretty well. This could be one of those things where he could play if it was in the regular season but there’s no point in risking further injury in preseason Week 1.
–Nice end zone grab by Keith Marshall. Carlos Fields had good coverage in the end zone as Nate Sudfeld lofted the pass. The defender got an arm in there but Marshall make the catch anyway. Good focus by the RB.
–The middle of the field is in rough shape. Matt Jones took a handoff, tried to cut to his left and just lost his footing. It was covered overnight so it doesn’t appear to be wet. It does look brown (cue jokes about getting them ready to play at FedEx Field).
–It seems that Spencer Long and Shwn Lauvao are splitting the snaps at left guard.
–Morgan Moses is taking snaps at left tackle. I wonder if they will flip him over there and put Nsekhe in at right tackle If Trent Williams were to miss a game.
–Rashad Ross with a nice leaping catch with Will Blackmon and Greg Toler nearby. He makes another catch over the middle a couple of plays later. He’s had some days where he’s had a bad case of the drops; today is not one of those days.
–They’re running the starting offense vs. the third-team defense. Nobody is quite sure why.
–Another slip, this one by Robert Kelley. Sure hope nobody gets hurt.
–D-Hall is in a little huddle with Norman, Breeland, Ihnacho, and Toler over on the sideline. He’s doing most of the talking going over some of the finer points of coverage schemes.
–McCoy looked left and threw to Marcel Jensen over the middle. The QB didn’t see Will Compton lurking. The LB jumped and got a hand on the ball but couldn’t haul in the INT.
That’s it for today folks. I’ll be coming to you from Atlanta on Thursday. Let the games begin!
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs Giants Preview: 5 things you need to know as 'Skins get desperate
- Tandler's Redskins-centric look around the NFL, Week 3
- Redskins Gruden on rookie Kendall Fuller: He's just the odd man out, for now
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Giants
- How Dr. Robin West handles when Redskins and Nationals players get hurt
- Redskins injury report: DeSean Jackson, Trent Williams good to go for Giants game
- Redskins' Preston Smith hasn't had start he wanted, but knows 'anything can happen'
- Redskins Playbook: Still lots of questions on defensive line
- Redskins vs. Giants Week 3 Preview, predictions, storylines, betting odds
- Need to Know: Around Redskins Park—Will things start to click for Cousins?