Aug 7, 2016, 4:09 AM EDT
RICHMOND—Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, August 7, four days before the Washington Redskins open their preseason in Atlanta against the Falcons.
—Today’s schedule: Practice 1:00; Jay Gruden news conference and player availability after practice approx. 3:00
—The Redskins last played a game 210 days ago. It will be 36 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Preseason vs. Jets @FedEx Field 12; Final roster cut 27; Cowboys @ Redskins 42
The Redskins week that was
POD: Cravens creating turnovers—Within a few minutes in one practice Su’s Cravens picked off a pass and punched the ball away from veteran Vernon Davis. Assuming he can catch on to the variety of defensive roles he is going to play, I’ll establish his over/unders at 1.5 interceptions, 3.5 forced fumbles and 2.5 fumble recoveries. And I would be tempted to take the over on all of them.
Redskins practice report–Day 3—I’m not sure why Day 3 was the most popular but I’m glad that you are reading the posts. And to prove they are delivered to you from the sideline, here’s a picture of me in action:
Matt Jones gave up fried chicken to get ready to be Redskins RB1—Skepticism about Jones’ ability to take the ball and run with it, literally, is warranted. But you can’t say that he just hoped that the changes he needed would just happen automatically. He changes his diet, changes his routing and changed the way he carries the football. He may or may not be better in 2016 than he was in 2015 but it not it won’t be because he didn’t try.
Gruden flashes temper at hot Redskins practice—Jay Gruden is not like his brother Jon, who will fly off the handle at the slightest provocation. Jay loses his temper much less frequently and when he does it gets the attention of the players. And, when he does lose it when reporters are there, it also generates a lot of blog posts.
Redskins fans – Calm down about Josh Norman videos—Seriously, folks. It’s a practice drill that has a number of advantages for the offense including no pass rush and, in many drills, no deep help. Norman will be fine.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins injury report: Status on Norman, Reed unknown
- Jordan Reed, Josh Norman in for early part of Redskins practice; Matt Jones out
- Statistic Surprise - Redskins used Su'a Cravens sparingly against Detroit
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast - Barstool Nate professes love for Kirk Cousins & London football
- State of the Redskins, Week 8—A very long business trip on tap
- Need to Know: First look at Redskins vs. Bengals—Which team is more desperate?
- Facebook Live pres. by Paisano's: Previewing London with Ryan Kerrigan
- Redskins vs. Bengals: London game time, TV channel, how to watch
- NFC East: Admitted domestic abuser Josh Brown released by Giants
- Despite mistakes, Redskins' Gruden has faith in WR Grant