Jul 29, 2016, 3:01 PM EDT
RICHMOND–The Redskins are kicking off Day 2 of training camp today at 3 p.m. and Tandler will be on the sideline bringing you highlights as they happen. Check back and refresh frequently to keep up with the latest.
–The sky is overcast and the temperature is holding at a cool, refreshing 83 degrees (and, trust me, compare to yesterday that is very moderate). The players, for certain, will enjoy it.
–Perry Riley will be joining in the fun today, at least on a limited basis. He has been activated after a one-day stint on the PUP list.
–Back returning punts are Rashad Ross, Chris Thompson, Will Blackmon, Jamison Crowder, and, yes, Pierre Garçon. They are trying challenging situations, holding a football in one hand while fielding the punt with the other and standing with their backs to the punter and not being able to turn around and locate the ball until the coaches yells go.
–The players are not in pads again today but Jay Gruden is planning on having them wear pads on Saturday, weather permitting.
–McCoy just threw a nice pass to Vernon Davis, who made the catch along the sideline and (maybe) kept both feet in. Would have been about a 25-yard TD.
–Matt Jones is quick. He popped a quick draft up the middle and make it into the open without being touched (no-pads warning here).
–McCoy rolled right on a bootleg, couldn’t find anyone downfield and went to Jordan Reed just past the line. The TE made a nice, juggling catch.
–Cousins pump faked and got the line to jump. The QB dashed to the left, got around Stephen Paea and drew cheers with a run down the sideline.
–The linemen are going through one-on-one pass protection drills. Not much worth reporting as far as individual matchups but it appears that the offense has the upper hand. I don’t think they woud be giving up very many sacks today.
–Cousins is trying a lot of hard counts in team drills. The defense, however, is staying put.
–A LeRibeus shotgun snap just rolled past Colt McCoy. Aborted play, eight-yard loss.
–Jeremy Harris had perfect coverage on a deep pass but McCoy threw it anyway. Harris hauled in the easy pick as though he was the intended receiver.
–Garçon with a flat drop of a nice Cousins pass on an intermediate route over the middle. I think he’ll still make the team.
–Su’a Cravens with another pick of McCoy. This on was on a flat route and could have been a pick six.
–Then a few minutes later Vernon Davis beats Cravens for a catch but the rookie punched the ball out of Davis’ arm from behind.
They’re starting to wrap it up out here, folks. See you right here tomorrow.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Josh Norman elected alternate NFLPA rep weeks after criticizing union
- Josh Norman fined for rough play against Giants
- Cravens declared NFL Clutch Performer of the Week
- Despite focus on Terrelle Pryor, Redskins need to stop Browns run game
- Redskins-Browns injury report: Doctson, two starters out for Washington
- Redskins Playbook: Determining rotation of Trent Murphy, Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith
- Martrell Spaight loses bet to Deshazor Everett - Instagram photo shows true disappointment
- Bonus #RedskinsTalk: Will Blackmon talks replacing D-Hall and Game of Thrones
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions