Jul 28, 2016, 3:09 PM EDT
I’ll be updating this post with some of the highlights from today’s training camp practice as things unfold from the Bon Secours Training Center. Check by often for updates.
–Derek Carrier, Josh Doctson, and some other players on the PUP list are out participating in stretching. They are not cleared to practice but they can participate in this segment of the proceedings.
–They are starting off with special teams drills. They have done this the last couple of years and the special teams have improved. I don’t know about cause and effect but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
–Rashad Ross, returning a punt, gets a “good job” from Ben Kotwica. He showed good speed getting to the corner.
–A few minutes later Ross lets a punt bounce and it rolls for another 20 yards or so. That earns an “Aaaarrrggh” from the assistant working on that end.
–I should have noted earlier that this is a no-pads practice. Although the tempo is quicker than it was during OTAs there is still no hitting. I would think we will get to that in the next couple of days.
–Ryan Grant m;add a nice catch of a deep, well thrown Kirk Cousins pass while working one on one with defensive backs.
–Gruden was in the defensive huddle for the first rep of team drills. He wants to become a well-rounded head coach.
–Cousins was chased out of the pocket by Ryan Kerrigan and lofted a nice pass on the sideline to DeSean Jackson. The WR kept both feet in as he made the catch.
–Kerrigan is wearing out the O-line. He was just in the backfield again disrupting a Cousins attempt to go deep to Jackson.
–Cousins is not afraid to throw towards Josh Norman. He just hit Jackson down the sideline. The receiver got good position to block off the defender and Cousin put the ball just in the right spot.
–We haven’t seen a very aggressive passing game during 11 on 11 work; dump offs to tight ends over the middle have been prominent.
They’re wrapping it up here. Check back later for some more details on today’s practice.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor
- Redskins rookie Robert Kelley has funny, honest reaction to his first NFL carries