Jul 28, 2016, 3:09 PM EDT
I’ll be updating this post with some of the highlights from today’s training camp practice as things unfold from the Bon Secours Training Center. Check by often for updates.
–Derek Carrier, Josh Doctson, and some other players on the PUP list are out participating in stretching. They are not cleared to practice but they can participate in this segment of the proceedings.
–They are starting off with special teams drills. They have done this the last couple of years and the special teams have improved. I don’t know about cause and effect but if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
–Rashad Ross, returning a punt, gets a “good job” from Ben Kotwica. He showed good speed getting to the corner.
–A few minutes later Ross lets a punt bounce and it rolls for another 20 yards or so. That earns an “Aaaarrrggh” from the assistant working on that end.
–I should have noted earlier that this is a no-pads practice. Although the tempo is quicker than it was during OTAs there is still no hitting. I would think we will get to that in the next couple of days.
–Ryan Grant m;add a nice catch of a deep, well thrown Kirk Cousins pass while working one on one with defensive backs.
–Gruden was in the defensive huddle for the first rep of team drills. He wants to become a well-rounded head coach.
–Cousins was chased out of the pocket by Ryan Kerrigan and lofted a nice pass on the sideline to DeSean Jackson. The WR kept both feet in as he made the catch.
–Kerrigan is wearing out the O-line. He was just in the backfield again disrupting a Cousins attempt to go deep to Jackson.
–Cousins is not afraid to throw towards Josh Norman. He just hit Jackson down the sideline. The receiver got good position to block off the defender and Cousin put the ball just in the right spot.
–We haven’t seen a very aggressive passing game during 11 on 11 work; dump offs to tight ends over the middle have been prominent.
They’re wrapping it up here. Check back later for some more details on today’s practice.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Facebook Live pres. by Paisano's: Previewing London with Ryan Kerrigan
- Redskins vs. Bengals: London game time, TV channel, how to watch
- NFC East: Admitted domestic abuser Josh Brown released by Giants
- Despite mistakes, Redskins' Gruden has faith in WR Grant
- NFC East Update: Redskins loss in Detroit might prove costly as Eagles beat Vikings
- Jay Gruden understands Redskins D-line complaints: They don't get paid to backpedal
- Bigger workloads for Redskins' Thompson, Kelley easier said than done
- Need to Know: Last words on Redskins vs. Lions—It just wasn't Washington's day
- Stephen A. Smith mocks Redskins again after loss to Lions
- Redskins injury report: Team will monitor Williams, Scherff