Jun 15, 2016, 2:36 PM EDT
A quick look at five highlights of the Redskins’ second and final minicamp practice.
—Will Compton picked off a Kirk Cousins pass during a two-minute drill, eliciting whoops and cheers from the defensive players.
—The team has been spending a lot of time practicing onside kicks. They would do it occasionally last year; this year it’s been almost every day that the media has been able to watch. Special teams coach Ben Kotwica said that they are practicing more special situations in general.
—I don’t think that anyone kept stats but it seems to me that the leading receiver during OTAs and minicamp was Jamison Crowder. He caught a touchdown from Cousins and has generally caught anything thrown near him throughout the helmets and shorts phase of preparations.
—There was a lot of trash talk going on between DeSean Jackson and Josh Norman whenever they lined up across from each other. It wasn’t loud but it was constant. It seems to be a friendly rivalry but we’ll find out for sure in six weeks when the pads go on in Richmond.
—The defense seems to be ahead of the offense; they got the better of things today. As they made plays and the offense committed some false starts, a chant of “De-fense, De-fense” came from the far side of the field where the defenders were. Even when that wasn’t going on there was plenty of chirping and trash talking by the defense.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor