Jun 14, 2016, 2:45 PM EDT
Five quick observations from today’s minicamp practice at Redskins Park.
—Both Jordan Reed and Josh Doctson were watching practice. According to Jay Gruden, Doctson was held out due to the Achilles that has been bothering him; it was a close call but they decided to hold him out. Reed turned an ankle last week, according to Gruden. He won’t be on the field until training camp.
—Kirk Cousins paraphrased his signature saying after completing a long pass to DeSean Jackson. He ran down the field pumping his fist, yelling to the media gathered on the sideline, “Celebrate! You love that!” At his press conference later Cousins said, “We have a blast and we compete.”
—The defense had its share of good plays, too. Bashaud Breeland picked off a deep Cousins pass down the middle and rookie free agent Lloyd Carrington made a spectacular one-handed pick of a Nate Sudfeld pass in the end zone. Big plays by the defense got the rest of the defense yelling “you like that!” back at the offense.
—Rookie wide receiver Valdez Showers made a catch along the sideline and came down hard on his right shoulder. He has a sprained AC joint and is out until training camp.
—DeSean Jackson participated in today’s mandatory practice but he elected not to talk to reporters afterward despite the efforts of the PR staff to get him to talk.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs Lions Preview: 5 things to know as Washington goes to the Motor City
- NFL reportedly fines Redskins tight end Vernon Davis for jump shot celebration
- Doctson could return from IR in Week 15
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Lions
- Redskins injury report: Cravens good to go
- Redskins place first-round rookie WR Josh Doctson on injured reserve
- Redskins Jay Gruden makes it official: Jordan Reed out against Detroit
- Andre Roberts has actually been productive for the Lions this season
- Barry: Fuller very 'football mature', credits Virginia Tech
- WWE wrestler does Josh Norman's bow & arrow celebration in the ring