Jun 8, 2016, 2:47 PM EDT
Five quick notes from today’s OTA session at Redskins Park:
- DeSean Jackson was absent for the voluntary practice after having participated the last two days. Jay Gruden had no comment but he is confident that Jackson will be ready to go for training camp.
- Jordan Reed and Trent Williams also were out. Gruden said that Williams was ill and that Reed was just being given a day off. Reed has been going at it hard during the no-pads practices and perhaps they just want him to dial it down a bit.
- Josh Doctson also was sidelined. He said his Achilles was still sore and that rest was the best medicine.
- Kirk Cousins was very sharp, during one red zone drill in particular. He showed good touch on a TD pass that Jamison Crowder hauled down in corner and he fired another to Pierre Garcon, who made a diving catch on the sideline.
- Kendall Full continues to be a full participant in practice. Concerns over his injured knee are starting to fade away.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs Lions Preview: 5 things to know as Washington goes to the Motor City
- NFL reportedly fines Redskins tight end Vernon Davis for jump shot celebration
- Doctson could return from IR in Week 15
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Lions
- Redskins injury report: Cravens good to go
- Redskins place first-round rookie WR Josh Doctson on injured reserve
- Redskins Jay Gruden makes it official: Jordan Reed out against Detroit
- Andre Roberts has actually been productive for the Lions this season
- Barry: Fuller very 'football mature', credits Virginia Tech
- WWE wrestler does Josh Norman's bow & arrow celebration in the ring