Jun 6, 2016, 3:51 PM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, June 7, 51 days before the Washington Redskins start training camp in Richmond.
—The Redskins last played a game 149 days ago. It will be 97 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Redskins training camp starts 51; Preseason opener @ Falcons 65; Final roster cut to 53, 88
Player quick hits
Here are some quick thoughts on some Redskins players based on what I’ve heard and what I’ve seen in OTAs.
—We will learn a lot about OT Morgan Moses this year, whether he will continue to improve and work his way into the upper echelon of right tackles in the league or if he will be an adequate player who the team will look to replace on an annual basis.
—A healthy offseason is a good sign for OT Trent Williams. He will almost certainly make his fifth straight Pro Bowl appearance and if the Redskins exceed expectations serious All-Pro consideration is a strong possibility.
—DE Stephen Paea is set up for a solid season, with a year in the system under his belt and a realization that he will have to earn his snaps; nothing will be handed to him because of his contract.
—I don’t think that WR Rashad Ross is in much danger of not making the roster but he is in danger of being stuck on the bottom of the depth chart again. He had some issues handling the ball during OTAs, something that conveys a lack of focus.
—I am wary of talk of how well OLB Junior Galette is recovering from his torn Achilles. Assessments coming from the rehabbing player and his teammates are generally highly optimistic. I’ll be convinced when I see him on the field.
—I’m very interested in seeing how the rest of DB DeAngelo Hall’s career shakes out as he changes positions coming off of two injury-riddled seasons. If he stays healthy and plays well at safety he could add a few more years into his career but if he can’t play at least a dozen games his future will become very cloudy.
Stat of the day
The Redskins were out rushed by 396 yards last year, gaining 1,566 yards on the ground while giving up 1,962. They haven’t been that bad in net rushing yards since 2010 when they gave up 580 more than they gained (1461-2041).
In case you missed it
- Redskins turning to technology to help Jones
- Jackson present and accounted for at OTA
- Davis, Bruton Jr. will meet Obama Monday
- Redskins’ Long still ‘finding his way’ while learning center
- Barry on Cravens: ‘He’s a special one’
- Barry on safeties: Depth chart written in pencil, not Sharpie
Follow Us On Twitter
- Jamison Crowder drops Giants special-teamer with obscene juke
- Quinton Dunbar did something Redskins haven't done since before Facebook existed
- Odell Beckham gets yards, but Josh Norman's Redskins get the win
- Redskins survive behind makeshift offensive line
- Redskins win, but await status of multiple injured players
- Five things we learned from the Redskins win over the Giants
- Report: Redskins' DeAngelo Hall was told he'd torn ACL, MRI scheduled
- Redskins get first win, capitalize on turnovers to edge Giants 29-27
- Odell Beckham Jr. fights kicking net, loses
- Injuries to Lauvao, Lichtensteiger force strange shift on Redskins offensive line