Jun 4, 2016, 3:45 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, June 4, 54 days before the Washington Redskins start training camp in Richmond.
—The Redskins last played a game 146 days ago. It will be 100 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Redskins training camp starts 54; Preseason opener @ Falcons 68; Final roster cut to 53, 91
I’m enjoying a vacation week in the Outer Banks. While I’m gone I’m presenting a few of the most popular posts from earlier this offseason (Note: A few details may not be updated) as well as some posts looking back at some of the team’s best performances. Thanks for reading, see you again on Monday, June 6.
The Redskins’ five longest plays from scrimmage of 2015 (all touchdowns):
78 yards—Kirk Cousins screen pass to Matt Jones vs. Saints One of the up-and-down rookie’s better moments as he took a short pass and showed a great knack for following his blockers all the way to the end zone.
77 yards—Cousins deep pass to DeSean Jackson vs. Bills Midway through the third quarter Cousins spied Jackson running all alone down the left sideline. Jackson dodged a couple of defenders on his way in for the score.
71 yards—Colt McCoy deep pass to Rashad Ross @ Cowboys This was almost too easy. In the fourth quarter of the Redskins’ meaningless season finale at Dallas McCoy launched a deep pass to Ross, who was a good 15 yards past any defenders.
63 yards—Cousins deep pass to Jackson vs. Giants The Redskins were struggling offensively until they lined up in a run formation and Cousins launched one deep to Jackson to give the home team a 10-0 lead. They held on for a 20-14 win.
56 yards—Cousins deep pass to Jackson @ Panthers The Redskins were able to hang in with the eventual NFC champs for a while as the teams twice exchanged touchdowns in the first quarter. Washington’s first score came on Cousins long pass to Jackson. It is interesting to note now that current Redskins corner Josh Norman was called for holding on the play, a penalty that was declined.
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Josh Norman elected alternate NFLPA rep weeks after criticizing union
- Josh Norman fined for rough play against Giants
- Cravens declared NFL Clutch Performer of the Week
- Despite focus on Terrelle Pryor, Redskins need to stop Browns run game
- Redskins-Browns injury report: Doctson, two starters out for Washington
- Redskins Playbook: Determining rotation of Trent Murphy, Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith
- Martrell Spaight loses bet to Deshazor Everett - Instagram photo shows true disappointment
- Bonus #RedskinsTalk: Will Blackmon talks replacing D-Hall and Game of Thrones
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions