Jun 1, 2016, 5:14 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Wednesday, June 1, 57 days before the Washington Redskins start training camp in Richmond.
—The Redskins last played a game 143 days ago. It will be 103 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Redskins training camp starts 57; Preseason opener @ Falcons 72; Final roster cut to 53, 94
I’m enjoying a vacation week in the Outer Banks. While I’m gone I’m presenting a few of the most popular posts from earlier this offseason (Note: A few details may not be updated) as well as some posts looking back at some of the team’s best performances. Thanks for reading, see you again on Monday, June 6.
Kirk Cousins’ five best career games (by passer rating, minimum 20 attempts)
158.3 vs. Saints, 11.15.15: 20 comp./25 att/324 yards/4 TD/0 INT—The Redskins piled up stats that contributed to the Saints’ dubious distinction of being one of the worst pass defenses of all time. One of Cousins’ shortest throws led to the biggest gain of the day. He flipped a screen pass to Matt Jones, who rolled 78 yards for a touchdown.
153.7 vs. Bills, 12.20.15: 16/27/235/2/0—The Redskins took a 28-7 lead midway through the third quarter on Cousins’ 77-yard touchdown bomb to DeSean Jackson. The Bills rallied but Cousins put it away with a five-yard TD pass to Pierre Garçon early in the fourth.
128.1 vs. Bucs, 10.25.15: 33/40/317/3/0—You may remember this game for the rally from the 24-0 deficit, the biggest comeback in team history, and Cousins declaring “You like that!” on the way to the locker room. It almost makes you forget the 11-play, 80-yard touchdown drive for the winning score, a touchdown pass from Cousins to Jordan Reed with 24 seconds left.
120.3 @ Eagles, 12.26.15: 31/46/365/4/0—Reed caught Cousins touchdown passes of 12 and 23 yards in the first half to the Redskins into the lead. Cousins to Garçon for 13 yards and a TD clinched the game and the NFC East title for the Redskins.
114.4 vs. Giants, 11.29.15: 20/29/302/1/0—After failing to take advantage of two early takeaways in Giants territory, the Redskins struck quickly with a 63-yard touchdown pass from Cousins to Jackson. They rolled to a 20-0 lead in the fourth quarter but had to hold off a late Giants rally.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins Playbook: Determining rotation of Trent Murphy, Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith
- Martrell Spaight loses bet to Deshazor Everett - Instagram photo shows true disappointment
- Bonus #RedskinsTalk: Will Blackmon talks replacing D-Hall and Game of Thrones
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well