May 28, 2016, 3:55 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, May 28, 69 days before the Washington Redskins start training camp in Richmond.
—The Redskins last played a game 138 days ago. It will be 107 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Redskins training camp starts 61; Preseason opener @ Falcons 75; Final roster cut 98
Hot topics: Top posts from the Redskins week that was
Darrell Green talks about Breeland, Richard Sherman—I’m not sure if Green is angling for a gig on radio or TV analysis but he sure was entertaining during this appearance on Grant and Danny on WFAN. Here are some of the highlights.
Who starts at safety for the Redskins in 2016?—The position is the definition of a long-term problem for team. The “solution” this year could be to start DeAngelo Hall, who will turn 33 during the season and is a converted cornerback, and David Bruton, who has never been more than a backup in seven years in the league. Something tells me we will copy and paste the headline again in a year, only adjusting the year.
Which Redskins will surprise in 2016?—I looked a two who might surprise in a positive way and two who might be disappointments. Expectations can be tough to manage for some players and the two who are listed as surprises on the down side may have good seasons, maybe very good, and still be disappointments due to high expectations.
OTAs to-do list: How fast can Doctson get up to speed?—The Redskins’ group of pass catchers is going to be very good. If Josh Doctson can get up to speed and become a viable option quickly, the Redskins’ wide receiver/tight end contingent could be one of the best in the league.
Which Redskins are on the bubble?—Yes, there is even a bubble in May. With the competition for roster spots starting in earnest during OTAs the players who want to claim one of the precious few roster spots that are truly up for grabs. Here’s a look at the bubble dwellers.
In case you missed it
- Bruton excited to get ‘first crack’ at a starting job
- Redskins’ Perry Riley still in walking boot months after injury
- Cousins talks of Redskins’ need for ‘sustained success’
- Teammates give Jordan Reed a hard time for new deal
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Six Redskins under pressure against the Bengals
- A tribute to a fallen hero: CSNMA's top ten Vines of all time
- No promise on playing, but Jordan Reed, Josh Norman traveling to London with Redskins
- Dispatches from London - A day with Tottenham Hotspur in advance of Redskins arrival
- Redskins' Matt Jones misses another practice, in doubt for Sunday
- Redskins running back Robert Kelley likely to get more carries Sunday
- How the Redskins plan to stop A.J. Green if Josh Norman can't play
- Virginia and Idaho really love Ryan Kerrigan, apparently
- Redskins preparing for A.J. Green - with or without Josh Norman - 'They show no fear'
- Need to Know: Around Redskins Park—Will Reed and Norman make the trip?