May 14, 2016, 5:51 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, May 14, 10 days before the Redskins start OTAs.
—At Redskins Park: Rookie minicamp 12:45; media watches session, players available afterward, Jay Gruden press conference after players, approx. 3:00
—The Redskins last played a game 125 days ago. It will be 121 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: OTAs start 10; Redskins training camp starts 75; Preseason opener @ Falcons 90
Here is our weekly look at some of the most popular posts from the Redskins week that was here and CSNmidatlantic.com.
Redskins still have plenty of 2017 cap room—Panic over the team’s ability to pay Kirk Cousins set in when news of Jordan Reed’s extension piled on top of the big 2017 cap hit that Josh Norman’s deal carries. But they still have plenty of cap room to operate, hit the post for details.
Starting jobs up for grabs on Redskins’ D—As one commenter pointed out, there darn well should be jobs on the line when a team struggled against the run as much as this one did in 2015. OTAs and training camp should be interesting.
What are the Redskins’ most important remaining needs?—It looks like every need but one can probably be filled from within. Check out the post to see where the Redskins likely will need to get outside help.
Way too early roster projections (offense here, defense here)—These are more for fun than anything. But a set of projections I did at this time last year i got 42 of the 53 right and five of the misses were because the player was on injured reserve. So while there can be some surprises the cake is mostly baked.
Redskins depth chart: Stiff competition at ILB—The top three at this position appear to be set (and, yes, that group is likely to include Perry Riley). Behind them there are unproven players like Steven Daniels and Martrell Spaight, special teams specialist Terence Garvin, and veteran Adam Hayward. They will battle for the two, maybe three remaining spots.
In case you missed it
- Redskins depth chart preview: Any surprises at OLB?
- How many tight ends will the Redskins carry?
- Will the Redskins and Cousins get a deal done?
- ‘Skins bring in former Oregon QB for rookie camp
- McCoy says Matt Jones is ready to take over
Follow Us On Twitter
- A tribute to a fallen hero: CSNMA's top ten Vines of all time
- No promise on playing, but Jordan Reed, Josh Norman traveling to London with Redskins
- Dispatches from London - A day with Tottenham Hotspur in advance of Redskins arrival
- Redskins' Matt Jones misses another practice, in doubt for Sunday
- Redskins running back Robert Kelley likely to get more carries Sunday
- How the Redskins plan to stop A.J. Green if Josh Norman can't play
- Virginia and Idaho really love Ryan Kerrigan, apparently
- Redskins preparing for A.J. Green - with or without Josh Norman - 'They show no fear'
- Need to Know: Around Redskins Park—Will Reed and Norman make the trip?
- Redskins injury report: Status on Norman, Reed unknown