Need to Know: What are the Redskins’ most important remaining needs?

May 11, 2016, 5:27 AM EDT

D-line-vs-Patriots

Here is what you need to know on this Wednesday, May 11, two days before the Washington Redskins hold their rookie minicamp.

—The Redskins last played a game 122 days ago. It will be 124 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.

Days until: Rookie minicamp 2; OTAs start 13; Redskins training camp starts 79

Hot topic

The Redskins have gone through free agency, the draft, and have signed about a dozen and a half college free agents. But they still have some needs on the team. These could be filled by someone stepping up from within, by signing a veteran free agent or by Scot McCloughan trading one of those extra 2017 draft picks that he stockpiled.

Here are the top needs that remain on the Redskins’ roster:

No. 2 running back—Or, is Matt Jones doesn’t pick it up a few notches over last year, they could be in search of a No. 1 running back. Chris Thompson isn’t built to handle a full load and seventh-round pick Keith Marshall is not a lock to even make the roster. The current free agent back who was the most productive last year was Joseph Randle, who rushed for 313 yards. But he is up to his neck in legal troubles. Joique Bell rushed for 2,235 yards in the last four years with the Lions. The preferred choice for a veteran still seems to be Pierre Thomas but a deal isn’t done.

Nose tackle—Can Kedric Golston plug the middle for 15 plays per game? Or will rookie Matt Ioannidis be the guy? The free agent options aren’t very attractive. They may go to training camp with what they have, see how Golston and Ioannidis work out, and either make a waiver claim or make a trade if they still believe they are in need.

Backup tackle—Last year Ty Nsekhe did a decent job of filling in for both Trent Williams and Morgan Moses. But he will be 31 around the midway point of the season and even though he’s a “low mileage” older player, with only two NFL games played prior to last year the Redskins may want to find a younger alternative. They didn’t draft anyone so perhaps they will give a shot to Takoby Cofield, who spent last year on the practice squad after being signed as an undrafted player.

Outside linebacker depth—You can’t have too many good pass rushers and the Redskins aren’t even close to having too many. They have three starting caliber players at the most important position on the defense in Preston Smith, Junior Galette, and Ryan Kerrigan but a lot of question marks behind them. Houston Bates may have some potential but perhaps McCloughan will want someone with more experience. And, no, the toxic Greg Hardy does not seem to be a possibility.

Stat of the day

The 1991 Redskins outscored the opposition by 261 points. That was the best post-merger point differential in the NFL until the 2007 Patriots outscored their opponents by 315 points. The Redskins are still second in that time period. They were had a point differential of plus-209 in 1983, a performance that ranks as the 15th-best since the merger.

1. Trey Gregory - May 11, 2016 at 5:44 AM

The run game, on both sides of the ball, is a little troubling. But I think the best we can do is cross our fingers and hope the current players rise to the occasion. I don’t see any fixes other than signing a veteran RB. But we’re all expecting that already. And they’re still available for a reason. I’m sure they can help but I doubt they’ll rack up 1,000 yards. And I’m not buying the Keith Marshall hype until I see it. It’s really looking like Jones or bust.

• sidepull - May 11, 2016 at 6:38 AM

Yea they gotta prove it. Stop the run, and run the ball effectively. From the outside looking in, seems to be less not more after the draft and FA. I am just curious to see how this plays out. I was personally hoping they would draft Booker when he was sitting there. I saw they just were not going to draft any NT prospects early. No Center. I hope for the best and realize barring an epic set of circumstances, its is not the year yet for a Superbowl run. I would say after next two years drafts, they are going to start looking like contender on the regular. For now, yea they have holes, not just needs, holes. Right up the middle of that D line. Some have said it is the tackling behind the line that was the issue and not the line itself. We will see.

• babyteal1 - May 11, 2016 at 7:22 AM

Kick the tires on Arian Foster??

• ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - May 11, 2016 at 8:52 AM

Kick carefully, those tires go flat easily.
          ~

• bangkokben - May 11, 2016 at 9:30 AM

“Some have said it is the tackling behind the line that was the issue and not the line itself.”

Supposing that was true, that doesn’t really matter now that Hatcher and Knighton are gone, right? Below are the defensive snap counts and their percentages for the DL, last year.

Player Def Snaps Def Snap Pct
        92-C.Baker 617 58.4%
        97-J.Hatcher 540 51.1%
        99-R.Jean Francois 385 36.4%
        98-T.Knighton 369 34.9%
        90-S.Paea 215 20.3%
        64-K.Golston 199 18.8%
        73-F.Kearse 77 7.3%

Golston was the only one who played significantly on special teams last year (174 snaps 34.8%)

Baker may actually play more without a true nose and he certainly has shown he can play tackle in nickle. Jean-Francois will probably play the same amount. Paea should play more if he stays healthy. Golston will have the same load — perhaps a little larger — if he makes the team. Ioannidis should have a least %25-%33 even as a later round draft pick. Murphy figures to get about that much as well.

The point is that Knighton and Hatcher made up %35-%40 of the significant defensive snaps last year so even if the line was fine, the line is SIGNIFICANTLY different. Moreover, Murphy, Paea, and ioannidis will have to pick up the lion’s share of the slack from losing Hatcher and Knighton. That’s a big ask. They may actually be better in this defense but as you said, “We will see.”

• bangkokben - May 11, 2016 at 9:37 AM

I not really into the “cross our fingers and hope” theory. That may seem like what the team is doing but I think it’s more of a calculated “let’s see if the young guys are ready” decision where the team is giving them enough rope to sink or swim without any veteran signings now. Remember, there are 124 days until Pittsburgh. This is simply plan A. There is enough time to get reinforcements if need be.

• ET - May 11, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Excellent point. I believe Scot’s greatest skill is his ability to pivot, re-plan and re-focus on the fly.

He’s open to opportunity, whether it’s Doctson on draft day, signing Norman outta nowhere or finding fill-in players like Carrier, Blackmon and Foster at a critical time. So, yeah, full confidence that there are fallback options available.

• bangkokben - May 11, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Yep. Blackmon, Thomas, Foster, and let’s not forget about Hopkins were all signed after week 1. There are plenty of running backs — football players — sitting home getting bored by their families.

• Trey Gregory - May 11, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Which Foster and Hopkins are you talking about?

• bangkokben - May 11, 2016 at 4:29 PM

ILB Mason Foster and K Dustin Hopkins.

• Trey Gregory - May 11, 2016 at 4:42 PM

Duh. Dustin Hopkins. I got Mason Foster right after I sent that but couldn’t think of a Hopkins on our team. The Damn MVP of our team for the first half of the season last year.

Someone brought up Arian Foster and the Texans have Deandre Hopkins. I’m obviously very tired today.

• bangkokben - May 11, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Get some sleep and let me know when you see “Chip” and “Ann” running around Waco. My wife would get a kick out of me chatting with a guy (I don’t know) who saw the “stars” of HGTV.

• Trey Gregory - May 12, 2016 at 4:32 AM

Ha. Yeah man. I saw your other post about that but forgot to reply. My bad.

I haven’t ever met them. But they do have a big all billboard right off the main road I live on. So, in a way, I see them every day.

I’ve eaten at their “Magnolia Market” but it’s a huge tourists trap, thus always packed, so I generally avoid it. I do know multiple people who intern on their set (I literally just graduated Baylor’s journalism school and a lot of kids want to go into broadcast so there’s overlap). I had a chance to be on set just 2 weeks ago. They were doing one for a guy I know, plus I was in a video journalism class, so it all kind of fit. But I was too busy with work and school to swing it.

Anyway, his name is Aubrey. An older guy. Tall and super country. He ownes a sawmill and a wooden mantle shop. I don’t know if they did his house or the saw mill. But you can look out for him. He’s one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. He actually proposed to my mom, but she said no, so we haven’t talked in a while. Maybe your wife will get a kick out of some background info with him.

But I can tell you all the exciting things to do on vacation in Waco if you guys ever want to visit! I’m only being slightly sarcastic. Waco is a nice small town.

• ET - May 11, 2016 at 3:23 PM

I totally forgot about Hopkins! A great pickup—and a move that took some cojones.

Cutting Forbath to add Hopkins was a calculated risk that paid off handsomely.

• Trey Gregory - May 12, 2016 at 4:36 AM

@ET: you’re right. That move was made by a GM with confidence. Because we drafted Hopkins, cut him in favor of Forbath, then gave the Saints a draft pick for Hopkins. So essentially we gave two draft picks for a Kicker we could have had all along. And the Saints got Forbath plus a draft pick. I just laughed at how Dan Snyderish it all seemed. But it worked out just fine. That guy was awesome last year.

• Trey Gregory - May 11, 2016 at 3:14 PM

I meant as fans. As people who have no say over the roster. Because, in my opinion, they didn’t make any significant moves to improve the run on both sides of the ball. So the best we can do is hope the guys we already have take a step forward in 2016.

Ioannidis is really the only new guy who might contribute to this. But it might be unreasonable to expect a rookie 5th round pick, who’s currently undersized to play nose, to come in and make a significant difference right away. He may take time. I guess Reyes could maybe contribute as a new guy too.

So it’s possible that our current players step up. I think even likely on the Oline. But there’s not that first round talent or proven veteran FA signing that we can look to and say “this guy should make a huge difference.” So unless that happens: finger crossed.

• bangkokben - May 11, 2016 at 4:28 PM

Good enough. Personally, I think fans have an unbalanced perspective regarding improvements. For instance, there are — as you said — no high-profile personnel additions on the d-line; but does that mean that that unit can’t improve? Last year Breeland and Moses showed how seasoning can improve a player’s productivity. Even Murphy was better last year despite the criticism here. If we’re going to project it with Randy Gregory and Mo Claiborne, why not with the guys here? Our guys (Reyes, Murphy, Paea, and Ioannidis) don’t have the pedigree as the guys in stars, so we don’t need to go overboard but perhaps the coaches can actually coach them up.

• Trey Gregory - May 11, 2016 at 4:38 PM

Yeah I’m sorry man I’m probably not making myself clear. I agree with what you just said. That’s basically what I was trying to say. We didn’t get any splashy additions in this area but that doesn’t mean the guys we already have can’t have a great year. Just like Chris Baker last year. But it’s hard to expect that from them if you haven’t seen it yet. So I’m just hoping it works out that way.

And I agree. Murphy gets way too much crap around here. Sure, he hasn’t lived up to being a second round pick. But he didn’t select himself that high. He’s not a stud OLB but he’s a very solid backup. And maybe he breaks out at DE. He has shown potential. He’s strong against the run and has some pass rushing ability that’s slightly improved every season. Some people thought he was better suited for DE so maybe this position change will bring out a monster in him.

A strong secondary also helps in the run game if you can stack 8 in the box, or just play up, and not get burned in the passing game. I would imagine that our ILBs and Cravens will be flying in to make tackles on run plays too. So it’s not all doom and gloom. It’s just hard to project until we’ve seen it.

• bangkokben - May 11, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Agreed and I was sort of taking what you said because it was something Ken also said the day before but with a negative spin — I didn’t get that from you — but I saw an opportunity to indirectly adress that the team doesn’t see it that way. We can because we’re fans and no matter what we write, complain, or bash it actually has zero effect on the product on the field.

• Jimmy kubas - May 14, 2016 at 2:10 PM

Hopkins was drafted by Buffalo.

• Trey Gregory - May 14, 2016 at 4:48 PM

So he was. My bad. I’m not exactly sure why I thought we drafted him.

2. colorofmyskinz - May 11, 2016 at 6:19 AM

Ty should be fine at backup OT. Or we have the boheomoth 6’9″ and 330 guy going to practice squad. Should be fine for one season.

OLB we could have Murphy step back over. What we need is interior DLine to allow for him to step back over if needed.

So, inside line is a need for sure. I like Ioannadis. But don’t think he can carry the load. Golston is well Golston and not starting material. We need a proven NT/DT. We need one more here to be good this season.

RB is an absolute must. Maybe Pierre. But big need here. I think Jones can be our starter, but worried about his violent style lasting a full year. If he goes down we are screwed. We need almost 2 more here.

• babyteal1 - May 11, 2016 at 7:24 AM

What about the guy they signed from the Canadian Football league (Willie?). Isn’t he an OLB?

3. troylok - May 11, 2016 at 7:29 AM

I think the defense is going to evolve a little more this year. I could see a lot more 4-3 defenses if we don’t have the bull up the middle. Interesting stat I saw was the Redskins nose tackle last year only played on about one third of the snaps, so I wonder if having a true nose tackle really is a need.

I am more concerned at running back. Jones is an unproven commodity and Pierre Thomas doesn’t excite me as guy that could be one injury away from starting. I have to believe there is a plan that we will have to see unfold.

• ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - May 11, 2016 at 8:54 AM

The defense ought to be better this year with the resources (picks and free agent dollars) that have been devoted to it.

If it isn’t better, then it is time to question the whole thing, starting at the top (Haslett).
      ~

• ET - May 11, 2016 at 9:17 AM

Haslett?

• sidepull - May 11, 2016 at 10:21 AM

Haz is still getting flack, Musta left an impression.

• ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - May 11, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Yes. I am scarred for life. *sniff*

You listening, Joe Barry??
          ~

• ET - May 11, 2016 at 9:15 AM

The lack of urgency about RB depth is somewhat puzzling, but I think it shows that unless the right guy drops into their laps, the Skins are committed to using a platoon approach to the position. I like Jones, but I don’t think he’ll ever be a true workhorse back. If he gets hurt, things get dodgy fast—even if Pierre Thomas is on the roster.

• kenlinkins - May 11, 2016 at 9:28 AM

I find it very interesting that the Redskins GM hasn’t just rounded up as many RB’s as he could for OTA’s. IMO this could mean that the GM does have a plan, maybe a targeted guy who could be a back up some where and is waiting to see that name on the waiver wire. Anyone have a list of back ups at RB who just might be insurance against injury to the starter?

• mattphillipsdc - May 11, 2016 at 7:43 PM

They have a RB that could be outstanding in Keith Marshall and I don’t understand why everybody is so dismissive of him. He has very rare size and speed combo. Plus, I believe they plan to do a lot more short passes to the RB like they do in New England as our run game.

• bangkokben - May 11, 2016 at 9:39 AM

The plan is to throw the snot out of the ball.

• sidepull - May 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM

Lol. Looks that way right now. Lord knows they have that part of the roster brimming with talent. Might as well get the production and points from from an area of strength. Gonna be fun to watch.

• bangkokben - May 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM

If Gruden has confidence in Cousins — which it appears he does — I’d think he’d throw it 60% of the time on first down. Get the band ready, they’ll be plenty of touchdowns. Maybe teams want to run the ball and keep the explosive Redskins offense off the field. So what? Let them. The ‘skins were REALLY good on 3rd down and the redzone on offense and not too shabby on defense.

• ET - May 11, 2016 at 12:03 PM

Gruden’s West Coast Style Wet Dream appears to be coming together from a personnel perspective, but even HE knows that a credible run threat helps ease the burden on the WCO QB Du Jour. If not, I hope Scot is ready to smack a little sense into him. I’m pretty excited to see what Kirk can do with all of the pass-centric weaponry that’s been assembled, but I also hope the RBs aren’t reduced to the role of decorative plants.

• Trey Gregory - May 12, 2016 at 3:24 AM

I think it was actually less than a third. But that’s just 3-4 defenses in 2016. They move to a four man front because everybody is passing so much.

But I don’t really understand where you’re thinking they evolve from there? Into less of their base D?

It doesn’t matter if the team is in a 3 man or 4 man front. There’s still value for a big DT in the middle. It’s just ideal of the big guy can pass rush too. That’s what made Vince Wilfork so valuable. He could be the run stuff and also a pass rusher depending on the situation. But one DT can also 2 gap in a predominantly 1 gap scheme. If one guy 2 gaps then he’s taking two blockers. That’s a positive exchange of pass rushers to blockers for Washington and creates less blockers for the rushers.

Look at how the top Dlines are built. They have massive DTs in the middle. 3-4s and 4-3s alike. I have to assume they believe Ioannidis can be that guy for us. Or they feel good enough about the OLBs, DEs, ILB, and safeties that they can make up for the lack of mass in the middle. A nose tackle isn’t the only position that stuffs the run. I prefer the mammoth and athletic DT. But Scot McCloughan knows how to build a team better than I do.

4. dcfaninecuador - May 11, 2016 at 9:46 AM

Wonder what all you RB doomsayers thought when they drafted Morris? I’ll bet most of you wondered what the hell they were doing. Bottom line, draft is like that proverbial box of chocolates…you never know what you’re gonna get. I say relax…these guys know more about what they are doing than any of us.

• bangkokben - May 11, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Different dynamic then. Shanahan was coach and as much as I despise the man personally, everyone here was confident he could get your garbageman to run the ball effectively. Also, Hightower was coming off an ACL but both Helu and Royster looked good as ROOKIES picking up the slack. So there was no CONCERN over RB and Morris was a complete surprise. Now, I will agree with you about everything else. There is no need for the fan base to wet the bed wondering how it’s going to work, that the organization has a better idea on solving these and any problems, and that the future has yet been revealed.

• Trey Gregory - May 12, 2016 at 3:36 AM

You beat me to it on that one. Was going to say almost the exact same thing.

• Jimmy kubas - May 11, 2016 at 3:01 PM

That’s right dcfan..nobody knew almo was gonna do what he did..but the scouts saw something. We should be fine in RB department… Shame Alfred went to Dallas tho

• mattphillipsdc - May 11, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Agree and Keith Marshall has very good hands and not to mention great speed and size for a RB. I believe we will pass to the RBs a lot on first downs like they do in New England as part of the run game. Especially with the speed of our back to get them into open space.

5. smotion55 - May 11, 2016 at 9:55 AM

I would put Center on that list above wondering if Nsekhe at tackle is a need. He played very well last year when he was in and should be fine, Nose tackle is up in the air because we don’t know what they are going to do on defense,not drafting Billings in the 4th round stumped me – I hope Ioannidas can put on a few pounds and fill that role. They always say pass rushing OLB is always a need and I can see why . As far as RB it is high on the list for me, but they let Morris walk for a reason. I am not sure if it is a valid one.
    They have a plan in place for all of these depth chart shortfalls for sure, and as we have seen from the GM and scouting dept. they are on top of their game and will make a couple of moves before the season starts. The RB out of Bowling Green looks like a good prospect for 3rd down and maybe a couple of undrafted free agent signings will pan out. It is not done yet and I believe after the June 1st cuts they will make a move or 2 to get a little better
    .As Rich stated a while back that maybe the extra picks they got for next year could be in play also. They will make at least 2 more ” big” moves that will surprise us fans before the season starts. They will also get a better idea of what they need after this weekends rookie camp and should see a few more cuts and signings from that also.

• John - May 11, 2016 at 2:20 PM

Scott made it quite clear that they were not going to reach for a given player. They passed on Billings and all the other “elite defensive linemen” because they were not what they were looking for. Regarding the chatter about “true nose”, they rarely line up in base 3-4 as most teams end up running 3 wide or spread you out, so they end up running nickel and dime most of the time. Why draft a guy like that high, when he won’t play that many snaps. Its a waste of resources, when your better suited with a player that can be more impactful (Doctson and Cravens). In any case, they want someone that can stuff the run but more importantly, rush the passer.

Regarding running back, Cooley mentioned the kid from Bowling Green as someone to keep an eye on based on a tip from a coach he knows/respects as a reliable source. Jones should be fine this year. He can run you over or run past you. He also has some wiggle. They could however use a back that can take a pounding but also has some moves as Thompson is to small/injury prone to carry the load if needed. PT is not currently on the roster.

Regarding center, they must see the current group as adequate or they would have drafted one. Who knows who will drop off at cutting time.

The spare picks probably won’t be necessary for a trade but would help that cause. Scott does a decent job of plugging holes with guys who are sitting on the sidelines/couch waiting for a phone call.

• ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - May 11, 2016 at 5:13 PM

The difference between what the fans thought of Billings and what all 32 teams thought was extreme.

It’s a passing league, and the teams don’t value a guy who they think can only play the run that much.

Of course, Billings could still prove them all wrong. But that’s the way it is, right now. I think Ioannidis can do the job.
        ~

6. renhoekk2 - May 11, 2016 at 10:13 AM

I like Knile Davis from the Chiefs. He had been backing up Jamaal Charles so he has low mileage on him and is still only 24yrs old, but has played 3 season of NFL ball already. He;s been pretty much injury free as far as I can tell. It’s common knowledge they will be cutting him loose at some point. Might not be a “feature” back but we don’t use one of those anyway. But I think he could be a good addition to the “committee” the Redskins have.

Earl Mitchell from Miami is a NT that is supposedly on the chopping block as well. He’s 28 and has started over 30 games in the league so he should have some game left. If they want to add to that position he could be an option.

• Trey Gregory - May 12, 2016 at 3:33 AM

You must not be a fantasy player. Because Niles Davis has definitely ruined some fantasy seasons with injury. I think a broken fibula counts as an injury.

But why would KC let him go? Especially with Charle’s injury history? I get they have Charcandrick West but I believe Davis is still on his rookie contract. Why would they deplete their RB depth when it’s costing them nothing? But, sure, if we can get Davis we should absolutely look into the price.

I don’t think this is going to happen though guys. I don’t think we’re going to get some surprise RB. It’s just not as important of a position as it used to be. Not worth a draft pick in a trade or anything like that. We can grab guys off the street and throw them into a rotation and get by. Chances are its Jones, Pierre Thomas, Thompson, and either Keith Marshall or some other rookie UFA.

7. redskins12thman - May 11, 2016 at 10:19 AM

I agree with many comments above.

The Redskins need to identify starting nose tackle and at least a better back-up center.

The team’s rushing attack and rushing defense were putrid last season. As a result the RDE and LG could be improved too.

I am a little concerned about the level of starting NFL safety experience but hopefully the players we have will be up to the challenge.

8. mtskins - May 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM

Knile Davis definitely looks like he might become available but I thought he had an issue with fumbles. Maybe not the best thing when you are looking for a back up for Jones. Didn’t think of Earl Mitchell but if he fits Barry’s scheme could be a solid add. Thought some of Scot M’s best moves happened after the season started last year so will be looking for more of the same now that the majority of free agency and the draft is done.

• renhoekk2 - May 11, 2016 at 11:16 AM

Yes he does put the ball on the ground on occasion. He is good in pass protection and can catch the ball out of the backfield. so if there are concerns about Marshall in pass protection Davis could be a good option until the rookie is up to speed. Seemed like a decent alternative to some of the other guys out there that are either older or have been banged up. Or both. Hasn’t been a starter so he won’t have a problem sharing carries or not being the main back.

9. kenlinkins - May 11, 2016 at 12:54 PM

After reviewing the 90 man roster and the way too early 53 man roster, IMO the Redskins defense could be a bit more solid then many of us think. I know many think that the D-Line is weak, but it could turn out that this group is solid. Maybe not the run stuffing group we wanted, but over all a solid group. The same case could be made for the ILB and OLB core. IMO the DB’s have more talent then I have seen in years in DC. This group could come together very fast and prove to be in the top half of the NFL this year. The best thing is that they all want to be here and seem to want to play football, want to be on the field, want to help this team win. I want to see what they do in preseason, but I am starting to feel that this group is solid and could be the starting point to build a defense to be proud of. I will take a lack of star power if this group hits, tackles, and doesn’t allow teams to run away early in games. I may have made a mistake thinking this team could only win 6 or 7 games.

• Trey Gregory - May 12, 2016 at 3:47 AM

Bro, Junior Galette, Ryan Kerrigan, Deangelo Hall, and Josh Norman are stars. Every player in the league knows there name. We have star power, not that it matters.

We have amazing starting OLBs. I think it’s reasonable to say a top 5 group of OLBs in the league. Our secondary should be much better. Breeland isn’t a star yet but he’s getting very good. Then paired with Norman: if Fuller can get healthy and play we could have one of the better groups of CBs too. Cravens is an exciting player. Hall in his second year at a new position. Another year for Dunbar and (hopefully) Jarrett. Our ILBs started to come together late last season. Chris Baker broke out and I’ve seen him ranked as one of the top DEs last year. Murphy might be a more natural DE than OLB, so that’s exciting. Paea will be healthy and can hopefully return to form Ioannidis is and exciting prospect too. There’s a lot to like about this D. Don’t get down on it just because some of us are getting into the weeds about the little stuff. We always want it to get better but they shouldn’t be bad.

10. Jimmy kubas - May 11, 2016 at 3:13 PM

Rich, I really enjoy reading your posts on real redskins.. I come here everyday. And I must say the regulars that post on here give alot of insight too.it’s almost like they are professionals too.this is by far the best place to read about my redskins.

• goback2rfk - May 11, 2016 at 10:30 PM

Whats wrong? Hogs Haven getting a little boring. Most of the people on here think they know a lot but they are just small potatoes. Its way to early to see where this thing winds up and I am going to say overall the team looks better on paper. The most intriguing pic is Josh. Dudes a beast, maybe a red-zone threat? He does not have that 4.3 speed but I have a feeling Cousins will be looking his way. Cousins does better with route runners that run perfect predictable lines. When Cousins tries to turn nothing into something is when he gets in trouble. I’m going optimistic this year, 9 – 7 or 10 – 6 finish. Although I believe the Cowgirls are going to be contenders this year. Long way to go before we talk real football

11. Kevin Durant - May 11, 2016 at 7:25 PM

Interview Hardy just to see he has to smarten up league minimum he acts up cut him

• Trey Gregory - May 12, 2016 at 1:33 PM