Apr 23, 2016, 5:40 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, April 23, five days before the NFL Draft.
—The Redskins last played a game 104 days ago. It will be 142 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: 2016 NFL draft 5; Rookie minicamp 20; Redskins training camp starts 96
Here are five of the most popular posts here and on CSNmidatlantic.com from the Redskins week that was.
NFL mock draft and Redskins mock draft—I know that everybody loves to mock mock drafts. But the simple truth is that you, the people, love to read them. Obviously these were both done pre-Norman but I’m not sure that whole lot would change on either. Ben Standig has the Redskins going safety and D-line 1-2 and in my Redskins mock I didn’t take a defensive back until the third day. Obviously Scot McCloughan saw cornerback as a need but now it is a position that he is likely to bypass in at least the first three rounds.
The pros and cons of the Redskins pursuing Josh Norman—There are ups and downs to the potential Norman deal just like there are to any other. What the organization has to do is maximize the positives and minimize the negatives. Perhaps that sounds simplistic but when a team is making a multi-million dollar investment they need to get it right.
Redskins’ Murphy on the move, Galette on the mend—A popular offseason topic has been the possibility of Trent Murphy moving to the defensive line. He gives the answer himself.
Redskins’ draft prep hits crunch time—An important point about possible trades down, why the Redskins had an edge rusher in for a visit, and depth in the middle of the defense all discussed here.
Best case, worst case: Defense—There is a realistic range of performance scenarios for each player. I tried to figure out what that was for some of the key players on defense. It’s non-scientific but it makes you realize how good the defense could be if everyone performs well and how bad it might be if they falter. This was pre-Norman, of course, I might recalibrate Breeland’s interception numbers as he will get a lot more passes thrown in his area.
Stat of the day
Via my friend Matt Maiocco, who covers the 49ers for CSNBayArea.com
In case you missed it
- How the Norman signing affects the Redskins’ cornerback depth chart
- Josh Norman: “Lets turn a tragedy into something better”
- Redskins get Norman
- Kirk Cousins reacts to Josh Norman signing
- The Numbers: Norman reportedly gets record money from Redskins
- Redskins players react to team signing Josh Norman
- Josh Norman vs. Odell Beckham Jr. twice? Yes please
- Josh Norman tweets pro-Redskins message following news of deal
- Check out Charley Casserly’s full first round NFL Mock Draft
- How could the Redskins fit a Norman contract under the cap?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins vs Giants Preview: 5 things you need to know as 'Skins get desperate
- Tandler's Redskins-centric look around the NFL, Week 3
- Redskins Gruden on rookie Kendall Fuller: He's just the odd man out, for now
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Giants
- How Dr. Robin West handles when Redskins and Nationals players get hurt
- Redskins injury report: DeSean Jackson, Trent Williams good to go for Giants game
- Redskins' Preston Smith hasn't had start he wanted, but knows 'anything can happen'
- Redskins Playbook: Still lots of questions on defensive line
- Redskins vs. Giants Week 3 Preview, predictions, storylines, betting odds
- Need to Know: Around Redskins Park—Will things start to click for Cousins?