Apr 16, 2016, 6:01 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, April 16, 12 days before the NFL Draft.
—The Redskins last played a game 97 days ago. It will be 149 days until they host the Steelers in their 2016 season opener.
—Days until: Redskins offseason workouts start 2; 2016 NFL draft 12; Redskins training camp starts 103
Here are five of the most popular posts of the Redskins week that was from here and www.CSNmidatlantic.com/Redskins.
Redskins running back suspended indefinitely without pay—Silas Redd may have had a hard time making the Redskins’ 53-man roster but he at least would have had a chance to get some preseason carries and get some good tape out there for the rest of the league. But now his NFL future is in limbo as he’ll be sidelined for at least a year before he can apply for reinstatement. He’s a good guy to talk to, hopefully he will start making smart decisions.
NFL Mock Draft 9.0: The post Titans-Rams trade edition—I’m not so sure about Ben Standig’s first-round pick for the Redskins here. Not that I don’t like the player but I think that a combination of an injury and the value of the position might make McCloughan shy away. I do think it would make a lot of fans happy, however.
Who will start at center for the 2016 Redskins?—A lot of fans have the notion that finding a new starting center should be a huge priority for the Redskins. I’m not under the impression that the organization views it quite that way. I think they know they need to upgrade at some point but they can get by with what they have if they need to.
McCloughan knows who he wants to draft at No. 21—This was a very interesting comment at the end of a very interesting McCloughan interview with Bleacher Report. He said that the player he hopes is there in the first round has all of he key traits—“toughness, smarts, competitiveness, team.’ If you want to know what that’s about, McCloughan suggests you look at last year’s top pick, Brandon Scherff.
Redskins depth chart will undergo some shuffling in the next month—The Redskins started their process of adding and subtracting players in the last few days when they signed CB Greg Toler and cut OLB Jackson Jeffcoat. Between now and the start of OTAs in late May there will be plenty more roster churn; check the details on what to expect in the post.
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Last words on Redskins vs. Lions—It just wasn't Washington's day
- Stephen A. Smith mocks Redskins again after loss to Lions
- Redskins injury report: Team will monitor Williams, Scherff
- Jordan Reed will practice for Redskins, but he's still not cleared to play vs. Bengals
- Josh Norman's return from concussion could be complicated by London travel
- Initial Trent Williams injury news is 'good,' per CSN source
- What should the Redskins do at running back?
- Effective in Detroit but lacking big plays, Kirk Cousins says 'I go where my reads take me'
- Did DeSean Jackson take a shot at Redskins' offense on Instagram?
- Redskins' loss leaves them in a muddled situation