CSN: Rams move up to top pick, preventing Redskins NFC East rivals from doing so

Apr 14, 2016, 9:59 AM EDT

The Rams have traded for the top pick in the draft and in the process they kept one of their NFC East rivals from doing so. Tandler has details on

1. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - Apr 14, 2016 at 10:27 AM

This was a great trade for the Titans. They didn’t want to pick a QB…and they got more than full value for their pick.

Also, the next several teams picking all saw the value of their pick go up.

For instance, Dallas may well get Ramsey now. The Browns could pick a QB or trade the pick to a team that wants one. The Chargers are likely to be picking between Tunsil or Ramsey, which is what the Titans were doing if they couldn’t get a good deal.

As for Fisher and the Rams, here’s a comment from PFT’s Rumor Mill:

weepingjebus says:
    Apr 14, 2016 9:41 AM

“Well, if this doesn’t finally get me fired, I guess I’ll just stop wearing pants.” — Jeff Fisher

• howie70 - Apr 14, 2016 at 10:47 AM

I used to think Fisher was a very good coach. Not that he (or anyone else) cares, but my opinion has definitely changed. Though they are not at the level of dysfunctional that the Redskins and Cleveland have been for the last 10 years, they definitely have done very little with their abundance of high draft picks.
      The trade with the Redskins may not have worked out the way us fans had hoped, but our Redskins have managed 2 division titles and playoff appearances in that time span. Makes me wonder how the Rams will mess this up.

2. bangkokben - Apr 14, 2016 at 11:34 AM

Is that an eye roll?

• ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - Apr 14, 2016 at 11:50 AM

• bangkokben - Apr 14, 2016 at 12:17 PM

Is that an eye roll? I’m better at Thai than emoji.

• ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - Apr 14, 2016 at 3:24 PM

Think so.

3. Skulb - Apr 14, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Now that it’s been reported it feels like this was inevitable. The Titoons didn’t need a QB and Captain Mustache just can’t help himself.

4. kenlinkins - Apr 14, 2016 at 1:46 PM

WOW, it looks like RG3 made the best move after all. With the Rams moving up to number one and looking for a QB, the Browns at number two who are also looking for a QB now have a 50/50 shot of getting the QB they wanted where before it was almost 100% sure. IMO RG3 will not be hearing the Browns fans calling for the Browns top pick to replace him as I am sure both the Rams and Browns have targeted the same QB. Looks like the Browns will be RG3’s team in 2016 for better or for worst.

• Rich Tandler - Apr 14, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I think if they look at film of RG3 since after the 2012 season they could start to like whoever is left over between Goff and Wentz.

• kenlinkins - Apr 14, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Well, that’s a nice way to put it. By the way, have you ever seen a GM say that they missed they guy that wanted in the draft? (Can’t say that I have, it is always “We love what we did in the draft, we got our guys, worked our plan and are a better team now).

• ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - Apr 14, 2016 at 5:13 PM

I’d love to hear what the Browns brain trust has to say about picking Weeden in the 1st round.

5. James McFullan - Apr 14, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Rich, the schedule just came out, what is the realistic Redskins record and ranking in the NFL East and the NFC?

• ajbus1 - Apr 14, 2016 at 11:36 PM