Jan 16, 2016, 5:39 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, January 16, 54 days before the start of NFL free agency.
The five highest-paid Redskins in 2016
Ranked by their 2016 salary cap numbers:
QB Robert Griffin III, $16,155,000—Griffin is unlikely to see any of this money. It is not guaranteed assuming that he has passed an exit physical after the last game and he likely will be cut somewhere between the day after the Super Bowl and the start of free agency on March 9.
OT Trent Williams, $10,668,750—This is the first full year of Williams’ contract extension. Most of the pay comes from his fully guaranteed $6,750,0,700 salary and $3,700,000 as the prorated portion of his signing bonus.
WR Pierre Garçon, $10,200,000—This is the last year of his contract and it concludes a $250,000 roster bonus and a $150,000 workout bonus.
WR DeSean Jackson, $9,250,000—This season is also the last one of Jackson’s deal. His compensation includes $3,750,000 in per-game roster bonuses ($234,375 each game). Unlike similar bonuses he had in the first two years of this contract they are not guaranteed if he is not on the 53-man roster.
CB Chris Culliver, $9,250,000—Culliver’s $8 million is the highest on the team next to Griffin’s and Culliver’s was fully guaranteed. However, according to a report in the Washington Times, Culliver’s one-game suspension stemming from an incident when he was with the 49ers in 2014 negated that guarantee.
—The Redskins last played a game six days ago. It will be about 239 days until they play another one.
—Days until: NFL Combine 39; NFL free agency starts 54; 2016 NFL draft 103
In case you missed it
- McCloughan has cap money to spend
- Key stat shows Redskins on the upswing, but can they keep it up?
- Knighton wants to return to Redskins but isn’t sure it will happen
- Former Redskins D-coordinator Jim Haslett lands job with Bengals
- NFL Mock Draft 3.0: Redskins needs vs. first round depth
- Redskins sign outside linebacker Willie Jefferson
- Five Redskins who will have to step up in 2016
Follow Us On Twitter
- No brawl, just competition between Josh Norman and Kirk Cousins
- Kirk Cousins is comfortable taking 'ownership' of Redskins' offense now
- Redskins teammates already putting Jordan Reed in elite class
- Redskins rookie WR Josh Doctson held out of OTAs
- Gruden on DeSean Jackson missing OTAs: He will probably show up
- Need to Know: Should the Redskins pass more on first down in 2016?
- Which Redskins are on the roster bubble?
- Redskins guard Spencer Long has been getting some work at center, too
- OTAs to-do list: How much work remains at safety?
- OTAs to-do list: Is it Matt Jones' job to lose?