Jan 11, 2016, 6:13 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, January 11, 64 days before the start of NFL free agency.
Notes and numbers on Redskins vs. Packers
—Jordan Reed caught nine passes for 120 yards and a touchdown against the Packers. He became the first Redskins tight end ever to surpass 100 yards receiving in a playoff game. Reed also shattered the previous mark for receptions by a tight end in a playoff game (five by Chris Cooley vs. Seattle in 2007).
—Kirk Cousins’ TD pass to Reed gave him a touchdown pass in every one of the 17 games the Redskins played this season. He went the last eight home games, including Sunday’s playoff game, without throwing an interception.
—The Redskins playoff appearance this year was their sixth since they last won the Super Bowl title following the 1991 season. They have not made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons since the 1991-1992 seasons.
—Preston Smith got the first defensive safety in Redskins postseason history when he tackled Aaron Rodgers in the end zone in the first quarter. The only other safety in the playoffs came against the Bears in 1984 when the Chicago punter intentionally stepped out of the end zone for strategic purposes.
—Cousins’ three-yard rushing touchdown in the third quarter was the first postseason rushing touchdown by a Redskins quarterback since Mark Rypien scored one against the 49ers in 1993.
—Today’s schedule: Open locker room 9 a.m.; Jay Gruden news conference 3 p.m.
—Days until: NFL combine 44; NFL free agency starts 64; 2016 NFL draft 108
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins injury report: Status on Norman, Reed unknown
- Jordan Reed, Josh Norman in for early part of Redskins practice; Matt Jones out
- Statistic Surprise - Redskins used Su'a Cravens sparingly against Detroit
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast - Barstool Nate professes love for Kirk Cousins & London football
- State of the Redskins, Week 8—A very long business trip on tap
- Need to Know: First look at Redskins vs. Bengals—Which team is more desperate?
- Facebook Live pres. by Paisano's: Previewing London with Ryan Kerrigan
- Redskins vs. Bengals: London game time, TV channel, how to watch
- NFC East: Admitted domestic abuser Josh Brown released by Giants
- Despite mistakes, Redskins' Gruden has faith in WR Grant