Need to Know: Reed sets playoff records in Redskins’ loss

Jan 11, 2016, 6:13 AM EDT

Here is what you need to know on this Monday, January 11, 64 days before the start of NFL free agency.

Notes and numbers on Redskins vs. Packers

—Jordan Reed caught nine passes for 120 yards and a touchdown against the Packers. He became the first Redskins tight end ever to surpass 100 yards receiving in a playoff game. Reed also shattered the previous mark for receptions by a tight end in a playoff game (five by Chris Cooley vs. Seattle in 2007).

—Kirk Cousins’ TD pass to Reed gave him a touchdown pass in every one of the 17 games the Redskins played this season. He went the last eight home games, including Sunday’s playoff game, without throwing an interception.

—The Redskins playoff appearance this year was their sixth since they last won the Super Bowl title following the 1991 season. They have not made the playoffs in back-to-back seasons since the 1991-1992 seasons.

—Preston Smith got the first defensive safety in Redskins postseason history when he tackled Aaron Rodgers in the end zone in the first quarter. The only other safety in the playoffs came against the Bears in 1984 when the Chicago punter intentionally stepped out of the end zone for strategic purposes.

—Cousins’ three-yard rushing touchdown in the third quarter was the first postseason rushing touchdown by a Redskins quarterback since Mark Rypien scored one against the 49ers in 1993.

Today’s schedule: Open locker room 9 a.m.; Jay Gruden news conference 3 p.m.

Days until: NFL combine 44; NFL free agency starts 64; 2016 NFL draft 108

1. cpst123 - Jan 11, 2016 at 6:49 AM

It would be easy to nit pick this game – but let’s appreciate that fact that in mid-January we were watching the Redskins on TV … and so were the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants.

HTTR – let the off season begin.

2. colmac69 - Jan 11, 2016 at 7:45 AM

Reed got potential to b best receiving TE for nxt few yrs…..outstanding last night

As for game I wanted defense to attack right from start and play man coverage…..make it difficult for Rodgers……appeared to play lot man in first qtr and moving Rodgers of his spot….once got lead it appeared defense started playing off and that’s when Rodgers started to find receivers on outside for easy pickups….quick tempo caught skins defense out….Rodgers got into groove and played well rest of game…….if your going to rush just four for majority of game you better have guys who can get to qb…never happened….Rodgers smoking cigars waiting on guys getting open….baluga had Kerrigan in hip pocket (another big game and kerrigan hardly mentioned except for being offside…who gets paid big bucks to rush qb).never heard hatchers name..smith had safety and little else…..defensive deficiencies showed up in second half….

Couple big changing points…..Jackson non td and Hopkins missed xtra pt (5 pts left…should bn 16-0)……sack/fumble with skins on gb 39…moses got bt easy but cousins should felt that pressure….skins could went 14-7 at least instead it was 11-10 with momentum with gb…..then td just before ht that should been called back due to procedure pen

Second half great start with drive and td but packers got run game going and defense got roasted…..however after it went 32-18 skins had nice drive going that (if score was 32-23 due to lost 5 pts)had gd chance of getting a fg…could made it 32-26 with bout 7,8 mins to go….instead skins failed on fourth dwn and gb made it 35-18 to finish game

Disappointed for sure but this game was a bonus as no one in right mind had us playing a home game in playoffs…..take it on the chin….reflect on what was gd/bad and take nxt step forward in offseason…..we (hopefully )got bright future ahead…….

Everyone stay healthy and enjoy offseason

• hail74 - Jan 11, 2016 at 8:39 AM

Agree with everything you just posted.

• sidepull - Jan 11, 2016 at 9:06 AM

Have a good off-season yourself. On to the Caps…

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 9:53 AM

Astute recap colmac (Are you REALLY posting from across the pond? If so, I wish I had the grasp on YOUR version of “football” that you have on ours!)

Lemme comment on a few;

“Rodgers started to find receivers on outside for easy pickups”
      Pack definitely came out on the quick throws to negate what they musta felt was gonna be a problematic pass rush. But as we know that concern went away quickly. And by the nuthin worked — including blitzes.

“baluga had Kerrigan in hip pocket”
      Agreed on RK91’s actual impact. No one gets more mileage out of fewer big plays. Makes a great poster boy, tho. No?

“big changing points…..Jackson non td”
      I may be way off base on this, but I think that was the BIG turning point. Skins (and DJax in particular) went from being full of swag to getting a pie in the face. Talk about a buzzkill! Just the opposite happened to GB; they knew they dodged a bullet and that the Skins weren’t really hard core after easily holding them to 3. Neither team was the same after that.

“sack/fumble with skins on gb 39”
      Ouch! No knock on Cuz …just an example of what happens to MOST QBs when their fellas don’t support them. KC HAD been getting good work from all over his offense. Not yesterday.

“instead skins failed on fourth dwn and gb made it 35-18″
      Nice to see you were holding out hope by that point, but wasn’t the air was outta the balloon by then really? The Pack had made several adjustments to thwart the Skins’ plans, but I couldn’t see how the Skins were making any counter moves! (Kinda like when Flanders’s parents said of disciplining an unruly young Ned, ‘We’ve tried NUTHIN, and we’re all out of IDEAS!!” LOL)

“we (hopefully )got bright future ahead”
      Yeah hopefully — but you know how this NFC East is!! Yikes! And I suddenly don’t feel so chipper about playing that First Place schedule. Lotsa work still to be done — but I’ll take it!

• colmac69 - Jan 11, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Yeh hard to believe I’m across the pond Bruce but afraid so (least I get to see them live in Oct vs bengals in london)

Love your flanders reference lol

Look it bn great season…far better than most of us suspected (and the pundits who had us winning 2,3 games at best)….it’s bn enjoyable on here interacting with fellow (mostly) skins fans…..more positives than negatives my friend

• Kawaipuna - Jan 11, 2016 at 9:47 PM

You’re on point with that whole post. HTTR from the 808 state!

3. kenlinkins - Jan 11, 2016 at 7:52 AM

It is one thing to have a OFF game, it is another thing to be KNOCKED OFF your game (which IMO is what happened to the Redskins last night). All of the problem areas were on full display and even some areas we all believed were fixed. When guys like T. Williams and Kerrigan are getting fooled and made to look bad you know the other team has full control. Rodgers was having the time of his life smiling as he knew he had the Redskins right where he wanted them. This is not to say that the Redskins didn’t have a good year, they did, and they are on the right track, but let’s understand “You are what you are, until you aren’t” and right now the Redskins are still a team that is not yet ready to make a major push in the post season. Maybe next year, but I will state right now that some of the new GM’s moves will shock us as the rebuilt continues. There are things that require fixing and mistakes that need to be corrected to go along with the draft picks in 2016. Be Ready Redskins fans, I see many changes coming soon and I for one will welcome them.

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 10:22 AM

Your usual good observations ken ( Hey! I’m feeling pretty magnanimous this morning after such a bad loss! Didn’t know I had it in me!)

Rodgers — in game — and other Packers — post game, did seem to enjoy rubbing the slogan-spouting “upstarts” noses in it, didn’t they?! LOL Oh well.. life in the big city of NFL playoffs.

But I want to focus on your mention of the GM and his future moves. He will shock us to be sure –and in a good way, I presume. I hope he continues to build through the draft and not so much free agency.

I won’t be shocked to see Scot acquire more picks and mine some gems in the mid & lower rounds, but WILL be shocked to see him go after any high-priced FAs.

I hope he can continue to find guys there who aren’t just looking to cash in on a “pay day”, but those who are trying to find their place in the sun, with a franchise that sees something special in them. Imho that’s were Mac shines brightest.

• kenlinkins - Jan 11, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Brucefan1: The new GM picked the low hanging fruit early with a few value free agents to increase the talent level before pulling a few bold moves in 2016 (i.e. Cousins to QB, cutting Amerson and Forbath) after giving RG3 a $16 million option that in effect keep him off the field (mistake or plan? who knows). Anyone willing to do that could do anything next. He could trade up or down in the draft, he could take another OT with the first pick (even after signing T Williams to a big contract), he could make some Cap moves due to his value rating vs. savings, he could trade some young talent if he feels he is gaining value, (i.e. TE Reed, OLB Smith). While not everything he did worked out he showed no fear of the owner and seemed to be able to find guys with a few games still in the tank without over committing money. It will be interesting to see just what areas he targets and how he works the Cousins contract. One thing is for sure, very few people are safe and while your contract may keep you on the roster it will not keep you dressed on game day (just ask RG3 and Roberts). I for one look forward to seeing the 90 man roster come training camp. He made 2015 a fun year and gave us Redskins fans hope even as the team hit the wall last night. I look for bigger things in 2016, both in wins, roster moves / talent levels and development of young talent. Today I have no fear of the Redskins GM and trust him to build a long term winner. HTTR>

4. sidepull - Jan 11, 2016 at 8:23 AM

I guess what I was surprised by the most about that game was that the Redskins D could not find a way to take advantage of the decimated Packers O line. I thought when I saw that their starter at LT was out, it was going to be a long day for that O line. I saw the safety and said here they go. But Rodgers is just so good, it just didnt matter. That was amazing to me that they just didn’t have enough on D to dominate that Packers O line. Frustrating to say the least. Leaving 5 points on the field in that first half hurt. I mean Redskins had to settle for 3 and Djax non TD. Missed xtra point, by that time I felt their was an evil wind blowing the Redskins way. You just cant give Rodgers any leeway. They needed to bury him and couldn’t.
    Fun season, now I expect more next season.HTTR

• goback2rfk - Jan 11, 2016 at 9:12 AM

Jackson’s non TD was a terrible play. He slowed up towards the goal line and did not extend the ball. It will be interesting to see what they do with injury prone Jackson who has been hit or miss throughout his entire career.

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM

I thought the same thing about DJax at that moment, gb2rfk (sorry bout that one … sounds like a droid name) … how can a guy with so much ability ever make you want to get rid of him like he does?

• sidepull - Jan 11, 2016 at 12:24 PM

I tell you this…I don’t want to see Djax across from OBJ or Dez B. He can go back to Philly if he must just no Cowboys or Giants!

5. goback2rfk - Jan 11, 2016 at 9:02 AM

Biggest surprise. Ryan Kerrigan’s 0 Sacks and only 2 measly tackles. Disappeared for the entire game.

• metalman5150 - Jan 11, 2016 at 9:29 AM

You forget the two encroachment penalties against Kerrigan. Both of which i found to be very ticky-tacky.

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Too true, sadly.

And I love RK91 as much as the next guy …err….you know what I mean … because he can make some plays and seems like a great guy, but I would love, love, love to see the Skins get one or two of those real NASTY guys, like the ones we saw in that Pitt/Cincy donnybrook!

Not a Vontaze Burfict, because he’s batspit crazy and doesn’t know when to chill, but I WILL take a Ryan Shazier. That mofo is low-down MEAN … and seems to know how to get away with it — unlike Burfict.

No matter who it might be tho, when I watch teams like that play I just keep wondering — where do the GET these badazz shut-yer-mouths from — and why don’t WE have any of them?! LOL

• skinsgame - Jan 11, 2016 at 12:14 PM

You said it best in a different post, Bruce. Kerrigan gets a ton of mileage out of few plays. He’s a guy we want to kill it and he’s being paid like he does. But he doesn’t.

• colmac69 - Jan 11, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Talking bout mean and nasty players then watch Brandon scherff on one play I believe in first qtr just after a run (whacks packer on his backside at end of play…couple packers took umbrage to it but u gotta love his attitude…him and moses bn great pairing this yr….future looking very bright on the r.h.s of line

• ET - Jan 11, 2016 at 4:46 PM

I don’t completely disagree with you fellers about Kerrigan—he should be more of a disruptive force more often. That said, like Orakpo before him, Kerrigan is sometimes not given credit for doing some less flashy things well—pass coverage, outside containment, occupying blockers so other players have a shot. Like Orakpo he’s good, not great. But A LOT of “pass rush specialists” get credit for a few good plays. I’d also add that Ryan was breathing down Rodgers’ neck a few times without getting the sack.

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 6:37 PM

“Ryan was breathing down Rodgers’ neck a few times without getting the sack”

And (tho I may just be hypersensitive to it) I can’t think of any edge rusher that I can recall who gets held as often and as blatantly as Kerrigan! The guy is always getting wrangled to the ground by the neck like a rodeo steer!!

Now, iffin’ I was a conspiracy theorist…

6. metalman5150 - Jan 11, 2016 at 9:04 AM

It was a great ride, HTTR Nation!
    Gratefule to have had a January football game; cousins success; coaching continuity and a solid GM, going forward into the future!
    Thanks for another great season of Redskins Coverage, Rich!

7. firesnyder - Jan 11, 2016 at 9:22 AM

Thankful for a fun season. We will be even better next year after another McCloughan draft and a lot of cap money to spend thanks to restructurings due to the cap penalties. I think we need to keep upgrading the O-line and D-lines and of course come up with a few better answers in our secondary. Green Bay’s secondary played pretty awesome and they really showed what a top-flight secondary can do in conjunction with a pretty good pass rush. They were just better than us. See you guys next year!! Go Caps!!

• ET - Jan 11, 2016 at 4:49 PM

Such a fun season by the end! A welcome surprise after a shaky start.

Let’s hope the upward trajectory continues.

• colmac69 - Jan 11, 2016 at 5:29 PM

ET…..u make valid points on Kerrigan and I agree with what u have said

However he getting paid like a premier pass rusher to make big plays in big games and imo he doesn’t do it enough when it comes to the crunch esp when your outside guys in 3-4 are your best pass rushers

Perhaps galette may take some of pressure off Kerrigan and it might allow him to b more dominant as pass rusher…time will tell

But there no doubt he a very gd player who gives you 110% all the time….sometimes however that’s not enough in his position(nature of the beast I’m afraid )

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Yeahhhh … Galette! I keep forgetting about HIM!

He might just be one of those big nasties that I been saying I want on this team (but will do all in my power to keep my loved ones away from!! ;^} ).

8. goback2rfk - Jan 11, 2016 at 9:28 AM

We will see if Cousins is back next year. After his lackluster playoff performance his contract definitely took a hit, Rg3 is already under contract for next season. Maybe have a QB competition during training camp between McCoy, Rg3, and whoever else they can bring in. Sounds like Cousins is going to want too much $$$. We may find out if Rg3 has improved his game while being inactive for an entire year.

• timwillhide - Jan 11, 2016 at 9:47 AM

That would be stupid to dismiss everything Cousins has accomplished over one playoff lose. Cousins actually played pretty good. With a little work on his down field accuracy he will be fine.

Tired of people wanting to give up on playerstoo early. First RG3 now Cousins SMH

• colmac69 - Jan 11, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Regardless of that game cousins is going to get paid the going rate for starting qb with potential to get better surrounded by better talent….just way nfl on paying qbs….we might not like the fact…agree/disagree/ but that’s the reality……very much doubt he going anywhere…..rgiii is gone….for the team and more importantly for him a fresh start..

• firesnyder - Jan 11, 2016 at 10:06 AM

agree with timwillhide…

WE NEED CONSISTENCY… AT COACH, AND QB. It takes 3 to 5 years of playing together to get good enough to compete for a superbowl. I think the young-in fans don’t ever get this. You cannot keep making knee jerk changes. I think Snyder finally understands this, although I LOATH to say it.

• bullets2586 - Jan 11, 2016 at 10:08 AM

29/46 329 yards 1 td and 1 rushing td and that’s lackluster???? But yet RGIII may be better after not getting reps all season. Really?

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Just by being away from Gru, if for no other of the reasons that statement actually makes sense.

• hail74 - Jan 11, 2016 at 10:52 AM

Cousins will be back and he’s earned his new contract. According to Ian Rapaport(sp) RG3 was only on the roster because of Snyder, apparently Scot wanted him gone. Either way I wish Rob the best and thank him for a great 2012 and for handling this season with class.

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 12:14 PM

Thanks for the headsup, hail. Hadn’t heard anybody actually go on the record by reporting that. Wonder if any local guys will corroborate it?

(Might wonder if Danny wanted to make sure RG got full pay, but I’ve was informed(?) here in that past that the Skins were on the hook for the full nut, whether RG was cut or not. Or was it just a mancrush? ;^} )

If it IS so, I agree with Scotie then; RG shoulda been set free a loooong time ago.There were a few teams he coulda helped out during the course of the season, imho.

Whatta waste.

Gladly, that’s all over know.

• ET - Jan 11, 2016 at 5:06 PM

Hey, Robert got paid to sit, heal, and learn some humility. Could be worse.

Too bad he didn’t sit at the beginning of ’13 as well, it could been a very different year for him. Wherever he lands, Robert will be fired up next year :)

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 7:09 PM

IF (and I’m still contending that it’s a BIG “if” — haven’t seen enough solid evidence to believe it actually is) Griffin needed to learn humility and he didn’t learn it this year, ET, then he NEVER will!! (What a test! As a man of faith, he probably wonders why God took it so easy on Job, as compared to him! LOL)

But I agree that healing and learning are things that will benefit him some from this year.

And maybe not talking to the media, also! ;^}

I hope he now better understands the importance of being the “sports version” of politically correct, and realizes how easy it is for those who dislike you to twist or misinterpret your words.

Gone better be the days of an honest, open, unguarded RG3, to be replaced with a bland, cliched and tight-lipped version, which is in reality much more acceptable to the NFL — despite whatever lip-service to the contrary.

• John - Jan 11, 2016 at 11:08 AM

RG3 is outta here. McCoy is a career backup. Cousins will get paid big bucks. The team still has a lot of holes to plug and this was year 1 of a 3 year building project with unexpected results. Be happy with what you got this year. The best is yet to come.

• jonevans511 - Jan 11, 2016 at 1:35 PM

I think its time to let this one die, goback. Bringing RGIII back isn’t going to happen, not with the $$ amount he’s already got next to his name. You say Cousins is going to want too much? $16 million isn’t too much for a QB you’ve left inactive the year before and thus have no clue if he has improved (and won’t until well in to next regular season)? You’re willing to risk a franchise setback just to see if RG is back, as opposed to paying Cousins? I highly doubt he’s looking for “too much”, but he’s certainly looking for fair market value which is what he deserves…. As for a lackluster performance yesterday, I really hope you’re not singling out Kirk because if so you weren’t watching the whole team and had your eyes glued on QB. The offensive line did not step up, Kirk was flustered but still found a way to make some plays (and missed others, to be fair), and the defense could not adjust to Rodgers’ tempo nor could the coaching staff properly get their defensive substitutions. It seemed like the players got outplayed for over a half and the coaches got out-coached for over a half. No reason to call anyone’s individual performance lackluster, just call the whole team’s performance lackluster.

In any event I’ll leave thoe QB personnel decisions to Scot M and the rest of management, but I’ll be absolutely shocked if they let Kirk walk and keep RGIII. I have nothing against the man and I really hope he succeeds, but if you truly think Rob will thrive in DC you haven’t been paying attention. Both parties, but especially Robert himself, need a clean break and fresh start. He’d be under so much pressure here next year that even a “good” performance wouldn’t be enough. You think he enjoyed sitting on the bench in street clothes all year after being told (despite the hindsight smoke & mirrors) he’d be the starter in early 2015? I’m not understanding how you or anyone can single out Kirk based on yesterday’s performance when, had DJax extended that darn ball over the goal line, he’d have accounted for 3 TDs in his first playoff game as a starter. He fumbled once, true, but he didn’t throw any picks and the sack fumble happened early enough that it didn’t impact the end result (actually the Skins held the Pack to 3 after that TO so we minimized the damage). What else do you want from a young QB playing a tough defense in his first playoff game (as a starter)? If you watched any of the other playoff games this weekend you’d know what lackluster QB performances look like.

• goback2rfk - Jan 11, 2016 at 4:42 PM

For the record I do not think Kirk Cousins was the real reason we lost the game last night. Kirk did not have a spectacular game however, certainly not like the 4 games coming into the playoff game.
        I think it is a real possibility that Kirk does want too much money. Somewhere in the 18 – 20 million a year range. If anything I think the franchise tag is a safe bet with Cousins. Tag him and let him prove that next big contract next season. Next season the schedule is tough and Cousins can prove he is worth the big numbers or not.
        The Redskins have been quick to give out $$$ to the QB position before and have got burnt. That is all I am saying. . Cousins is a solid QB and I am comfortable with him under center. I am just not sure if he proved he is definitely a franchise guy or not. With a playoff run Cousins would have secured his status no doubt. However, with this playoff loss I think it makes you step back and really make an analysis of the situation.

• John - Jan 11, 2016 at 11:20 PM

This was his first full season as the guy. He made huge strides. He learns from his mistakes and is still growing. 1 loss and how quickly everyone forgets how far he took them this year.
          A playoff run would have been great but the team is not there yet. Sure he did’nt throw 4 TD passes but he got them 2 touchdowns but they came up short on a 3rd (Jackson non-td) and the last drive which fell apart at the end. Unfortunately the defense only showed up in the 1st quarter. Sometimes the other team is better.

Kirk is the best qb this team has had in a long, long time. He broke multiple records. The team just finished year one of a 3 year rebuild. Give them time to fill the gaps (running back, #1 receiver, press corner, safety, center, dominant d lineman).

Last I recall, it takes 53 players, qb is just one. Be patient, better days are ahead.

• Rich Tandler - Jan 11, 2016 at 3:35 PM

There is a better chance that the Redskins will actually go back to RFK than there is of Griffin being part of a QB competition in Washington next year.

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Skins are going back to RFK??!!

(Sorry … couldn’t resist.)

• John - Jan 11, 2016 at 11:33 PM

McCoy is a career backup and RGme is out of here. We have our qb. Now we need to plug up the holes in the dam ( find a running g back with some moves, a #1 receiver with size and speed, a center, a dominant d lineman, corners who can cover man and a safety). 2 years to go in the rebuild and better days are ahead.

• goback2rfk - Jan 12, 2016 at 12:50 AM

I certainly know Cousins is the guy I am simply saying he may want to test the free agent market to see how much he is really worth. If he can get a better contract elsewhere he may leave. That being he doesnt get tagged.

9. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - Jan 11, 2016 at 10:25 AM

Does anyone know why the refs wouldn’t give Gruden the timeout he was asking for?

G.B. scored a TD on that play, it was also big in terms of momentum shifting.

• hail74 - Jan 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM

Replay showed that they didn’t see him. Also heard the rules specialist say that that play should’ve been an illegal formation penalty on GB because they audibled but didn’t reset. Oh we’ll prob wouldn’t have stopped them anyway.

• ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - Jan 11, 2016 at 11:23 AM

I feel like this was a great season.

But you can see what needs to be done to take the next step.

And one glaring need is fixing that run D. Starks is far from the only RB this season who suddenly looked like Walter Payton against us.

• metalman5150 - Jan 11, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Yes WE all saw the timeout and we all heard Peirra call the illegal shift.
        NO – those two hiccups do not excuse the loss. NO moral victories.
        Hopeful the Scotty M and Jay can bolster the team’s needs.

10. ericstylezz - Jan 11, 2016 at 1:18 PM

Man cousins is now 11-15 as a starter and has never beaten a winning team ever. I feel like the guy we saw yesterday is the qb we have. If a receiver isn’t running wide open cousins isn’t that great. The D needs to improve but we can address that in the offseason. I just don’t know. He got sacked 6 times, it’s just not a coincidence that he did well against bad teams and literally lost to all the good ones and green bays D isn’t even that good! One handed Jordan reed catch shoulda been a pick 6 it’s like he just throws it sometimes without looking

• John - Jan 11, 2016 at 10:51 PM

This his first full season as the starter. He has shown remarkable growth. Consider how much he achieved without the benefit of a running game. Keep in mind he is still learning. The last 11 games he was 7-4 with 25 TDs and 3 ints. Your expected to beat the bad teams and they did. The players all believe in him. He’s the best they’ve had in a long, long time.

The guy he was up against has played in multiple playoff games, been MVP and won a Super Bowl.

This team is 1 year into a 3 year rebuild and still has a long way to go. They need a running back with some moves, a #1 receiver with size and speed, a center, a pass rusher up front, safeties and corners who can cover man to man.

Win the division in a down year, host a playoff game and all of a sudden, their expected to win a Super Bowl? Seriously? The team loses and its the end of the world. Seriously? Give Kirk and the team a few more years to be more consistent. Rome was not built in a day nor will the Redskins.

11. goback2rfk - Jan 11, 2016 at 4:45 PM

And Rg3 is never gone until he is officially gone. So far he is still on the team. Why wait so long to release the man? It makes you wonder..

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 7:24 PM

I guess you heard that they don’t hafta release him until March, right?

But if what was recently posted here that Adam Rapsheet reported is true, it may take a little time for DANNY to wrap his head around Robert’s leaving — kinda like when a kid is forced to finally give up his favorite teddy bear! LOL

May be some tears, wailing, and gnashing of teeth.;^}

• brucefan1 - Jan 11, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Uh oh … I just realized (and it only took a coupla hours for it to dawn on me) that not everybody here mighta heard NFL Network’s Adam Rapoport’s report (say THAT 10 times fast!) ) that the only reason that Griffin remained on the team all season long was that Snyder demanded it, and that Scot wanted to cut RG3 loose at the beginning of the season.

Kinda adds a little context to my comment above, right? (I was wondering why that one wasn’t evoking peals of laughter!) Archives