Need to Know: Redskins’ Cousins faces tough task against Packers pass defense

Jan 6, 2016, 4:59 AM EDT

Cousins-passing-vs.-Cowboys-2

Here is what you need to know on this Wednesday, January 6, four days before the Washington Redskins host the Green Bay Packers in a wild card playoff game.

Five first thoughts on Redskins vs. Packers

—The Packers are probably the toughest pass defense that the Redskins have faced since they played the Panthers in Week 11. Green Bay is better than any team that the Redskins have played in the last six games in terms of both opponent passer rating and net passing yards per attempt.

—However, the Packers do have some vulnerability to the deep pass. The have given up 14 passes of 40 yards or more, tied for the third most in the league. The Redskins hope that DeSean Jackson’s week off did him some good. The pressure will be on the offensive line to keep the Packers at bay (43 sacks, T-7th) and give Kirk Cousins time to find Jackson deep.

—That Carolina game was only game in the last seven where Cousins failed to post a passer rating of over 100. My guess is that if he doesn’t have a good day, a very good day, the Redskins won’t be able to win. Cousins has been carrying the team, the offensive part of it anyway, during their four-game winning streak. If it’s going to extend to five I think Cousins needs to go something like 28 of 35 for 325 yards with three touchdowns and no picks if the Redskins are going to survive and advance.

—It’s weakness meets weakness when the Redskins’ rushing offense is matched up against the Green Bay rush defense. Washington is 29th in the NFL with an average of 3.7 yards per carry. The Packers are 29th in the league giving up 4.5 yards per attempt. It’s an opportunity for the Redskins to get rolling on the ground and Alfred Morris did look more like his 2012-2014 self than he has most of this year.

—Even though Aaron Rodgers is having an off year by his standards, he’s still dangerous going off schedule and hitting receivers who are open because the defense lost track of them. He threw 31 touchdown passes and had just eight interceptions. On my schedule in the next couple of days is an article saying that the Redskins actually have an edge at the quarterback position in this game. And I believe that. But I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Rodgers drew on his well of postseason experience and pulled this one out for the Packers.

Today’s schedule: Practice 11:35; Jay Gruden and Kirk Cousins news conferences and player availability after practice, approx. 1:30

Days until: Redskins vs. Packers in wild card playoff game 4; Super Bowl 50 32

1. colorofmyskinz - Jan 6, 2016 at 5:56 AM

I really like what McVay and Cousins did in the Dallas game. Pass first to set up the run. That might work well here too. We got the passing game working before pounding Morris. Being that they are weak at the run this can be our bread and butter.

Those 2 yard passes with 4-6 yards after catch are perfect to get things going. No one can defend a pass coming straight from the center to a wide out behind He line of scrimmage. I watched Scherff come out of nowhere on that wideout pass to Garçon and he cleared the field.

Safe and effective.

We also may have our first game with Morris, Jones, and Thomas. That can be huge. 2 backs that can catch screens and open up the field.

Plenty of weapons. Not worried about Green Bays DBs.

On defense I say we drop ARod to the turf at least 5-7 times. Compton 1, Preston 1-2, Murphy 1, Kerrigan 1-2, Baker 1-2. It is going to be a field day for those guys!! ARod is going to be rattled like a baby toy.

HTTR!

2. colmac69 - Jan 6, 2016 at 6:40 AM

Said earlier in wk if offense plays error free football and line protects the way it has been it will score pts (24-30)….monster day for reed (who covers him?)…..we run ball effectively watch out….

Defense all bout pressure on Rodgers. ..we saw what arizona did couple wks ago…can redskins get that amount pressure?greenbay will score pts but we bn getting a few takeaways recently and we might get something on Sunday

Overall I’m pretty confident bout the game (hopefully Jerome boger isn’t the ref)

• ajbus1 - Jan 6, 2016 at 1:33 PM

The head ref is Gene Steratore. He’s got your average reputation for an NFL ref.

3. sidepull - Jan 6, 2016 at 6:46 AM

Ok so here are my two concerns:

One:Great linebackers like the Panthers have, Pats Hightower, Dallas has one who did not play this last game and may have single- handedly made life much more difficult for Cousins as he did in their first meeting this year and now GB has one. Mathews is a beast and makes his paycheck on third down. That guy is so aggressive and very good. Have the Redskins improved enough to handle this type of pressure? They had their offense rattled and drops galore in NE, dismantled in the second half by the Panthers, and Dallas blitzed without the Offense ever adjusting to it.

Second, you guys know more than me and maybe I am off base with this but my second concern is Gruden. Wasnt part of the delight of Bengals fans in getting him out of Cincy due to his knack for calling pretty good games during the regular season only to play vanilla in post season thereby never advancing? I swear I remember hearing a lot about that early on when he came here. He sure looks more aggressive in his play-calling as the season has evolved. Maybe it one of the things hes learned as a coach. I hope he doesnt go too conservative against the Pack D.

Lacey if he is allowed to get a head of steam…sorry thats 3 concerns.

4. colorofmyskinz - Jan 6, 2016 at 7:04 AM

Personally, I think the “you like that?!” Rally towels will make the difference… LOL

Fans attending better be the 12tg man and be LOUD!!

HTTR!

5. troylok - Jan 6, 2016 at 7:49 AM

If the Redskins can run the ball, this game will be a lot easier to manage. Control the clock, pound the rock, and roll Cousins out to help combat the pass rush. Using Ross and Jackson the field at the same time would put more speed on the field than GB can handle. I’d also like to see a couple of plays with both Jones and Morris in the backfield to keep the defense guessing as to who will get the ball.

• ET - Jan 6, 2016 at 12:30 PM

If the Skins can run consistently / effectively against the Packers, that opens up everything: play action, the elusive Mr. Reed, the speedy Mr. Jackson, simply keeping Aaron Rodgers off the field.

But can they run the ball effectively? Sure, it worked last week against a flat Dallas D, but will it work two weeks in a row? Getting Kory back will help for sure. But the run game is no sure thing anymore, unfortunately.

6. kenlinkins - Jan 6, 2016 at 8:55 AM

I have been having a hard time getting a handle on the 2015 Redskins. Are they the group that was 3-5 to start the season or the group that went 6-2 at the end. Is the success due to “the Whole being / becoming greater than the sum of the parts” as the Redskins replaced Amerson / Forbath or maybe the roster finds to back fill hurt players have beaten the odds or the system adjusted to hide weakness? IMO the success has more to do with Cousins having a very good 10 game run after leading Redskins to a 2-4 record. While the roster was improved in 2015 much of that top end talent ended up on IR and back ups have been able to “hold the fort” while guys off the street were not hurting the team when they find the field. The draft class would be the second reason the Redskins find themselves in the play offs but how many of us Redskins fans are using hope (i.e. that Green Bay will play poorly or that the Redskins can jump out to a big lead again) to call for a play off win (I know I am). While the 2015 Redskins are improved, let’s remember just how bad they were in 2013 / 2014 and then ask ourselves just how much better are they now (I.e. a true play off team if Cousins were not hot or playing like the 1st 6 games?). I am not sure that Cousin can yet carry a team to a play off win, even at home in a game I would call even, but then again I have not yet been able to figure the 2015 Redskins out. Green Bay is better then they have shown but are in decline and the Redskins are on the way up. Have those two lines crossed yet? I just do not know! but I love the fact we get a chance to find out on Sunday. Here is to Hope, HTTR

7. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - Jan 6, 2016 at 9:02 AM

A healthy Lichtensteiger could be a nice plus for both pass protection and the running game.

I guess he’s supposed to test out the cobwebs today, Rich?
    ~

8. Tramell - Jan 6, 2016 at 9:09 AM

I don’t understand articles like this. Same goes for Green Bay. If Rodgers doesn’t have a very good day then the Packers will lose. Same goes for Brady, Newton, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Bridgewater, Alex Smith, whoever. Good news is that Kirk can do it. He doesn’t exactly need a 100 rating. 92 might do it. Our defense isn’t that bad and the Packer offense isn’t that good.

• Rich Tandler - Jan 6, 2016 at 9:17 AM

OK, how about 97.2?

And there are a few QBs on that list who could have an off day and still have their team win. Alex Smith, for one. With Peterson, Bridgewater could have an 80 rating and the Vikings can win. Cam could have a 75 and the Panthers could still win.

• John - Jan 6, 2016 at 1:28 PM

All those teams have better defenses. If they shut down your offense and win 3-0, who cares what rating the quarterback ended up with. Well, .Maybe the fantasy folks would freak out.

Offense puts people in the seats but defense wins championships!

• kenlinkins - Jan 6, 2016 at 5:48 PM

Rich: IYO does that still hold true in this pass happy NFL? (i.e. Defense wins Championships!).

• brucefan1 - Jan 6, 2016 at 9:39 PM

If I may, I’ll take a stab at that ken.

I think a team who’s defense is its main claim to fame can still win SBs … but only if it’s a real real great defense. (You know, SEA & BALT this century, CHI & PITT back in the day)

Otherwise a team has to be VERY good in multiple areas.

• John - Jan 6, 2016 at 10:47 PM

Belichek and company won mostly because their defense did a number on Manning over the years. Their defense is what carried the in the first couple of Super Bowl seasons.

The 49ers back in the day, most remember Montana but forget it was the defense that swamped Marino and Elway.

The Skins defense did a number on the Broncos and Bills.

The Cowboys D was pretty impressive in the 90s.

The Seattle D has been real tough.

Pass all you want but in the playoffs and SB, you better have a defense.

• John - Jan 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM

The defense does not have to be 85 Bears but it has to be good enough to consistently stop or limit the other teams ability to score.

The Steel Curtain was loaded with talent and was part of 4 Super Bowls but then at that point in time Dallas’s Doomsday Defense was impressive as were the Purple People Eaters in Minnesota and the Raider defense.

The Giants defense has been pretty good through the years.

When the Skins went to Super Bowl 18, they had won all but 2 games and lost each by 1 point. They scored an NFL record 541 points during the season and dominated most opponents. In the Superbowl, they ran into a rematch with the Raiders defense and got clobbered 38-9.

1984, Dan Marino lead the Dolphins with 5,000+ yards passing and 48 touchdowns. The 49ers defense took out Marino and the Marks Brothers.

More recently 2007, the Patriots roll through the season and post season rolling up points only to be taken out by the Giants.

What about “The Greatest Show on Turf” when they played the Patriots in the Super Bowl?

My point is defense is usually the determining factor.

• John - Jan 7, 2016 at 5:01 PM

Its true in just about every sport. Think baseball. If you have pitching, your gonna win a lot of games. Why? If the other team can’t hit the ball to score enough runs, they won’t win.

In hockey, how many times did the Caps lose because they were unable to get the puck past Billy Smith (NY Islanders) or Ron Hextal (Philadelphia Flyers)?

9. Tramell - Jan 6, 2016 at 9:13 AM

Cousins could go 20 of 30 and get the job done. It doesn’t have to be 300 yards but I agree it has to be 3 TD passes.

10. metalman5150 - Jan 6, 2016 at 11:03 AM

IT would be so awesome to get this win.
    keeping my plans for sunday light, as to not get too caught up in a let down.

• sidepull - Jan 6, 2016 at 11:45 AM

No matter the outcome, it has been more than I expected. HTTR

• ET - Jan 6, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Agree. I just want the Skins to play well. If they win, great. If not, they’ve already exceeded (reasonable) expectations.

11. colmac69 - Jan 6, 2016 at 11:52 AM

Get after Rodgers early with blitzes….press coverage by corners….if it means giving up a couple big plays so be it…chances are we get to Rodgers more often than not…we saw mistakes arizona caused Rodgers with blitzes from all angles…..their o-line given up 14 sacks last two games……it’s playoffs…take chances on defense as our offense will move ball if it plays like last 4wks….too many weapons if it performs

• redskinsnameisheretostay - Jan 6, 2016 at 12:07 PM

“Get after Rodgers early with blitzes….press coverage by corners….if it means giving up a couple big plays so be it…chances are we get to Rodgers more often than not…”

I’m not sure why you want to simplify the defense with blitzes and tight coverage. Why not just take it to the next level then with a cover zero and watch Rogers blows us up before the half ends? Time-and-time again numbers show that excessive blitzing does not result in many more sacks and worst yet QBs normally end up with much better passer ratings. Blindly blitzing a pro bowl caliber QB won’t work. Aaron will just dish if off to a screening running back for huge chunks or slice up the field with quick completions all game. All for what? Maybe a few more sacks?

• colmac69 - Jan 6, 2016 at 1:40 PM

Arizona seemed to do pretty well blitzing Rodgers…plus they got turnovers off the pressure. ….normally I wouldn’t suggest all out on Rodgers but fact is his o-line is under pressure….quite a few games this yr he crumbled because of pressure (Yeh even the great Qbs succumb to pressure)…arizona knocked greenbay offense right out sync from word go…(.maybe their defense is much better than wash so it allowed the game plan which they followed)……..

If we play usual rush four and drop seven into coverage and it works fantastic…..it’s all bout winning…..I’m just offering an opinion on what I would like us to do and follow arizona lead on attacking Rodgers. …..

Do the unexpected…..if it not working they can change……I believe we have to attack their o-line (which is a weakness )….our offense will put up 24+ if it’s on fire……..if we gonna get beat then I would rather go out attacking

• redskinsnameisheretostay - Jan 6, 2016 at 7:05 PM

I didn’t get a chance to see much of that game but I’ll take your word for it that Arizona primarily blitzed on Rogers. That surprises me with Mathieu out for the season. However, I don’t normally view relentless blitzing as a working scheme. It’s an assumption, but I’d bet if Arizona tried that same scheme playing Rogers every time they’d lose more than win. I watched how Denver shut down Rogers and they did include a fair amount of blitz packages. The difference is they had to pro bowl caliber defensive backs to play man on GB’s diminished WRs. Maybe Arizona advanced on that in the last game. I’m sure we’ll work in some blitzes but I’d be surprised being effective using it as the primary strategy.

• hail74 - Jan 6, 2016 at 12:17 PM

It’s the strangest thing with our defense but they actually seem to get better pressure with coverage than with blitzes. I say keep a spy on Rogers for when he try’s to extend plays and sprinkle in some blitzes here and there but largely let the front 4 do their job.

• redskinsnameisheretostay - Jan 6, 2016 at 12:31 PM

The key you hit on there is the front 4. You don’t want to even attempt to blitz Aaron Rogers unless the front 4 is effectively getting pressure on their own. So IMO the frequency on blitzing depends on initial pressure applied by the front 4. That’s counter to what many believe but is an important difference. I do believe that man coverage on the wide outs is the best scheme to apply but we need two shutdown CBs to do that. I don’t think we have that luxury right now.

• John - Jan 6, 2016 at 1:20 PM

That makers no sense. The Skins defense is not good in press coverage. Blitzing will get them killed. The only press guy they have is Breeland.

Better off to contain Rogers and hit him with an ocassional blitz. He is at his best, when improvising.

12. redskinsnameisheretostay - Jan 6, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Cousins is certainly on a very good passing streak, but I see no Redskins advantage at QB in this playoff game. Rich hit on the big reasons which is the playoff experience advantage but let’s also include that a streak Cousins has had in the second half of the season is the type of streak Rogers has had most his career. So in a playoff situation I’m sure Aaron will be performing at his best even if he doesn’t have the best receiving corp or blocking in front of him. Cousins will need a career level day to out dual Rogers even with a depleted offense. I’m not sure why there is all this over confidence among Redskins fans about playing Green Bay in a playoff game. I’d preferred playing Vikings among any of those three if we wanted to move on from the 1st round.

Can the defense continue to extend it’s streak of 3 sacks a game? Can the defense pull out some key turnovers that it has shown adept in doing during the latter part of the season?

The one thing I certain is that, the offense MUST be productive running the ball to win in the playoffs. The two playoff teams we faced proved convincingly that trying to succeed with a one dimensional offense passing game won’t end well.

This is not the best Green Bay team of recent but this game can go either way.

• hail74 - Jan 6, 2016 at 12:11 PM

I agree with your view on the qbs. Rogers is a playoffs vet and cousins isn’t. He’s been playing with great confidence lately but we can only wait and see how he and the team as a whole come out for this one. I was rooting for playing GB simply because the alternative was playing Seattle and they’re a matchup nightmare for us. Honestly tho, as some have already stated, this season has exceeded my expectations and has been a great ride. Hopefully it’s the start of even better years down the road. One and done in the playoffs would suck but thats usually how it goes for teams on the rise their first year in.

• redskinsnameisheretostay - Jan 6, 2016 at 12:41 PM

I didn’t want Seattle either but was hoping Arizona would have put us in a position of playing either the Vikings or Packers.

I’d like to feel as confident as you that this team being on the rise. It’s really hard to gauge this year’s team overall. There have been so many injuries and under performing opponents that turned out a very weak schedule. I give high compliments to Cousins performance and the ability of the staff to manage injuries by finding and implementing contributors off the street. Next season should offer many intriguing position competitions. The one black eye I see out of the staff was letting Amerson go. Big mistake and he is showing many why rating among the best DBs in the second half of the season.

• hail74 - Jan 6, 2016 at 2:24 PM

I can’t help but be an optimist with this team and your hesitation to refrain from calling them a team on the rise is totally fair. Is Cousins a one year wonder? Is the only reason we lack a run game because of injuries? Will we continue to have so many backups and street FAs play at a high level? Who knows but I like those questions more than the ones we typically ask this time of year.

• colmac69 - Jan 6, 2016 at 3:00 PM

Gm is main reason this team is on the rise…..track record speaks for itself and players believe in him…….

Upgrade defense nxt yr….offense will continue to thrive

Maybe went couple steps further than xpected this season but that welcome bonus……with state of other three teams in div we have potential to b top dogs for nxt couple yrs at least…..

• redskinsnameisheretostay - Jan 6, 2016 at 7:13 PM

“Maybe went couple steps further than xpected this season but that welcome bonus……with state of other three teams in div we have potential to b top dogs for nxt couple yrs at least…”

There is nothing wrong with seizing on an opportunity and I think that’s what this team did this season to get into the playoffs. That’s how teams learn to win on a regular basis. Maybe this opportunity will be a spring board for developing a winning attitude.

• sidepull - Jan 6, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Yea I was hoping the Redskins would draw Bridgewater rather than Wilson or Rodgers. No matter. Water under the bridge now. Redskins are playing in January. Cant start the New Year off better. HTTR.

• redskinsnameisheretostay - Jan 6, 2016 at 12:45 PM

A January game was a pleasant surprise. Let’s hope the team can use the home game to their advantage like they have most the season.

• YOU LIKE THAT - Jan 6, 2016 at 3:24 PM

I object to you’re constant criticism of this team. Cousins, who obviously is not proven. The kid has done everything he can to win…Did playoff experience mean anything when Eli went 9-7 in 2011 and won the Superbowl? You keep harping about a weak division. Your a weak fan.. I don’t care how they did it, they did it!!!! Deal with it, go root for the eagles. Quit attacking folks who call you out on your POMPOUS ATTITUDE!

• redskinsnameisheretostay - Jan 6, 2016 at 6:52 PM

When you can afford to buy out my season tickets then you can come and tell me who is a weak fan. You Just have a weak mind and keyboard warrior tendencies. You object? LOL! I could care less. I love how you ignore the compliments I provided to Cousins and even a coach I don’t like. See that’s call objectivity and not criticism. Try looking up the word, learn to comprehend, and stop being a wallowing troll.

• bangkokben - Jan 6, 2016 at 5:07 PM

The game can go either way due to the Pack’s experience and their QB and I too was still pulling for a Minnesota/Green Bay tie Sunday night that would’ve given us the Vikings. Not too far off from that improbable scenario happening but alas we have to slay a bonafide playoff team not some upstart with a similar pedigree.

As for the team being on the rise, it sure feels 2012-ish and I’d say the only reason some of us fans aren’t as bullish on the future is because we all had the rug torn out from us about this time three years ago. If we chose to ignore that bit of history we can see legit reasons for optimism. In 2013, we were coming off a horrific injury to the starting rookie QB, entered the second year of the unjust cap penalty, and was without a number one draft pick for the next two drafts. No wonder Shanahan later said that he contemplated retirement. Not only had the Redskins overachieved (similarly to this year), they had little resources to patch any problems – let alone fix these problems. Knock on wood, there isn’t a QB injury to overcome. Despite the contracts given to Williams and Kerrigan, the Redskins are in good cap shape to sign Cousins and others. Lastly, they have all their picks except the 5th rounder given up for Carrier. Moreover, they have a separate GM and coach. As much as everyone likes Parcell’s quote about the groceries, it works better for sustained success when one guy has a long-term vision and one guy has the here and now task.

Despite the Giants winning two Super Bowls in the past ten years, the NFC East has been mediocre for over a decade. You have to go all the way back to 2004 to find a repeat division champ in the NFC East. In fact you have this year’s Redskins, 2013’s Eagles, and 2012’s Redskins as examples of teams that have gone worst to first in one season. So perhaps, if everything breaks right for Dallas (not Tony’s back), the Cowboys could win the division next year, but that window is closing if it hasn’t closed already. Point is the Redskins future should always be held against a REALISTIC view of it’s division opponents. (Most folks here that use that word only then give examples or our team’s weaknesses and the rest of the division’s strengths. Both need to be examined objectively. I assert if one does this, that can conclude that the Redskins have a better than 50% chance at becoming the first back-to-back NFC East champs since the 2004 Eagles.

• redskinsnameisheretostay - Jan 6, 2016 at 7:59 PM

You make a very good point about some still feeling the aftershock of 2013. Also valid points about not dealing with the hurdles of cap penalty and lacking 1st round draft choices. A huge question has been answered about the quarterback situation. We can also stop looking for our next potential replacement at Right Tackle. However so many other questions remain and probably not too unexpected with a team most projected a 6-10 record. Now that coaches have their quarterback to build around, will the team find a way to also incorporate a better running scheme? The team needs a balanced attack on offense. I mentioned many times before the season how Gruden has never fielded a solid rushing attack. I really don’t want that trend to continue into next season. I think there still needs to be a lot of work done on the defense line but hopefully Galette will be the answer to our edge rusher. Middle linebacker looked like a strength early in the season, fell into a major weakness, but rebounded some with two very unexpected starters. However, where does that leave that position? With a promising GM, cap space, and another draft the team could look quite different from the team right now. Anyway too many questions that can certainly wait until off season OTAs,and TC.

• John - Jan 6, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Next season will be year 2 of a rebuild. The team could still use a few more playmakers. In terms of a running game, the core linemen (tackle to tackle) have been making blocks, opening lanes and have been in position to move to the next level. Unfortunately, the tight ends hold (Jordan – at least hr tries) or block the wrong guy (Carrier). That combined with Alfred who hesitates and looks lost or Jones who is still learning the nuances. What they need in the running game is someone who runs with authority and can make some cuts (like the Parker kid in Atlanta). That and a big time center to tie the line together. They also need to start thinking of getting a young receiver with size and speed. One for youth to develop in house and two because of the cap as Garcon andJackson will cost $17 million against the cap.

In terms of defense, they need a cover corner and safety (Gholston and Hall are both up in years and $). Preston Smith has really come on since he became the guy. Galette is a free agent and who knows how he’ll come back from injury and if their in a position to resign him considering the money spent elsewhere and who else they might draft and develop. Remember Scott M prefers big bodies and P Smith is all ready in that RLB spot. They will more than likely look to another guy who can rush up front as Hatcher is up in age.

In regards to this season, Kirk showed what he is capable of doing. He was held up by the lack of Jackson but has come on strong since his return. He also would also have performed better if he had worked with the starters in OTAs and training camp for timing purposes (balls behind receivers early in the season). Consider the back of running game and Kirk looks even better.

I personally thought 6-8 wins at the beginning and that Dallas would win the division but the Cowboys lost Romo and Bryant for a significant amount of time. I would like to see 10 wins next season. It all depends onhow things shake out. Be happy for now and realistic about the future.

• JOHNNY B - Jan 6, 2016 at 7:09 PM

This is the year for the Redskins. If we had a good Qb in 2013 we would have gone to the playoffs a second time but things happen for a reason. This team needed a good GM and a Coach that had the balls to run the team the way it needed to. A team of good coaches and no interference from the owner. I wish London Fletcher would have been young enough to be on this team. Hall and Fletcher rallied the defense in 2012 and the first part of 2013 until they realize that the offense was not playing well due to Griffins inability to learn and grow in the offense that he wanted. With that said it will be the Redskins and Seahawks in the NFC Championship game at FedEx Feild. Now let’s see if I am right .

13. JOHNNY B - Jan 6, 2016 at 2:46 PM

I think that it will be Morris, Thompson and Thomas blasting the Packers front 7. Combined total of 200 yards. Cousins will have 300 + yards 3Tds. We need veterans in at the running backs not a turnover prone rookie. I would like to see Jones rip a 70 yd screen on them but the game is too important. We will win and go to Arizona next.