Jan 4, 2016, 7:18 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, January 4, six days before the Washington Redskins host the Packers in a wild card playoff game.
Notes and numbers from Redskins vs. Cowboys
DALLAS—Here are notes a number from Redskins 34, Cowboys 23
—The Redskins finish the regular season 9-7 to post the 39th winning season in team history.
—Quarterback Kirk Cousins completed 12-of-15 passes for 176 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions for a passer rating of 155.1 before leaving the game in the second quarter. He finished the season with a passer rating of 101.6, becoming the third quarterback in Redskins history to have a passer rating of over 100 for a season (Sammy Baugh 109.9 in 1945, Robert Griffin III 102.4 in 2012)
—According to Elias, Cousins became the first Redskins quarterback to throw three touchdown passes in the first quarter. His TD’s went to Pierre Garçon, Ryan Grant, and Jamison Crowder
—Jordan Reed finished the 2015 season with 87 receptions for 952 yards (both team records for a tight end) with 11 receiving touchdowns. He led the Redskins in all three categories, becoming the first tight end to do so since Jean Fugett in 1977.
—The Redskins recorded four sacks, the third consecutive game with four or more sacks. The team has not done that since Weeks 5-7 of the 1992 season.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference 3 p.m.
—Days until: Redskins vs. Packers in wild card playoff game 6; Super Bowl 50 34
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Comfort level the key for Redskins' Smith as he looks for a big season
- Redskins' starting defense is sharp in small preseason sample of work
- NTK: The Redskins week that was—Roster bubble ready to pop for many
- Bryan Stork clarifies next move after days of speculation with Redskins
- Redskins cut 10 players before Tuesday deadline
- Reports: News encouraging for injured Redskins LB Ryan Kerrigan after MRI
- Cowboys fans biggest fear - Major injury strikes Tony Romo in preseason
- Former Redskins safety Dashon Goldson to work out with Falcons
- Ryan Kerrigan's early exit vs Bills shows Redskins lack of depth at edge rusher
- Redskins' Cousins both lucky and unlucky vs. Bills