Jan 4, 2016, 7:18 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, January 4, six days before the Washington Redskins host the Packers in a wild card playoff game.
Notes and numbers from Redskins vs. Cowboys
DALLAS—Here are notes a number from Redskins 34, Cowboys 23
—The Redskins finish the regular season 9-7 to post the 39th winning season in team history.
—Quarterback Kirk Cousins completed 12-of-15 passes for 176 yards with three touchdowns and no interceptions for a passer rating of 155.1 before leaving the game in the second quarter. He finished the season with a passer rating of 101.6, becoming the third quarterback in Redskins history to have a passer rating of over 100 for a season (Sammy Baugh 109.9 in 1945, Robert Griffin III 102.4 in 2012)
—According to Elias, Cousins became the first Redskins quarterback to throw three touchdown passes in the first quarter. His TD’s went to Pierre Garçon, Ryan Grant, and Jamison Crowder
—Jordan Reed finished the 2015 season with 87 receptions for 952 yards (both team records for a tight end) with 11 receiving touchdowns. He led the Redskins in all three categories, becoming the first tight end to do so since Jean Fugett in 1977.
—The Redskins recorded four sacks, the third consecutive game with four or more sacks. The team has not done that since Weeks 5-7 of the 1992 season.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference 3 p.m.
—Days until: Redskins vs. Packers in wild card playoff game 6; Super Bowl 50 34
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Following NFL trend, Redskins sell naming rights for practice facility
- Can Redskins' Cousins continue to avoid the turnover bug?
- OPEN THREAD: Las Vegas betting information shows lack of respect for Redskins
- Need to Know: What are the Redskins' strongest and weakest areas?
- Cowboys bus involved in fatal crash in Arizona
- DeSean Jackson throws out first pitch at Sunday's Nationals game
- Redskins have many options at tight end, but don't count out Niles Paul
- NTK: Redskins by the numbers—First down rushing woes must be fixed
- NTK: The Redskins week that was—Moss' top five, final word on Cousins contract
- Kirk Cousins has same odds of winning 2016/17 NFL MVP as Mark Sanchez