Dec 27, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, December 27, seven days before the Washington Redskins travel to Dallas to play the Cowboys.
Notes and numbers from Redskins vs. Eagles
PHILADELPHIA—Some notes and numbers from the Redskins’ win over the Eagles.
—The win was the Redskins’ 600th of all time, including postseason. That makes them the fifth NFL franchise to reach that mark (Bears, Packers, Giants, Steelers).
—The Redskins enter Week 17 with a playoff spot secured for the first time since 1999.
—The Redskins went from last place in the NFC East (4-12 in 2014) to first place in one season for the second time in team history (2012).
—Kirk Cousins passed for 365 yards, his 11th career game with over 300 yards. That is the third most in team history.
—Jordan Reed caught nine passes for 129 yards. He now has 907 yards receiving on the year, the most by a tight end in team history.
—Reed also had two touchdown receptions giving him 11 for the year. He is the first receiver/tight end to record 10 or more touchdown receptions in a season since Gary Clark in 1991.
—DeAngelo Hall scooped up a fumble and returned it 17 yards for a touchdown. Hall is the first player in NFL history with five or more fumble return touchdowns and five or more interception return touchdowns.
—Rookie outside linebacker Preston Smith recorded three sacks, the first multi-sack game of his career and the most in a game for a Redskins rookie since Brian Orakpo got four at Oakland in 2009.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden conference call 3 p.m.
—Days until: Redskins @Cowboys 7; start of NFL playoffs 13
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins running back Robert Kelley likely to get more carries Sunday
- How the Redskins plan to stop A.J. Green if Josh Norman can't play
- Virginia and Idaho really love Ryan Kerrigan, apparently
- Redskins preparing for A.J. Green - with or without Josh Norman - 'They show no fear'
- Need to Know: Around Redskins Park—Will Reed and Norman make the trip?
- Redskins injury report: Status on Norman, Reed unknown
- Jordan Reed, Josh Norman in for early part of Redskins practice; Matt Jones out
- Statistic Surprise - Redskins used Su'a Cravens sparingly against Detroit
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast - Barstool Nate professes love for Kirk Cousins & London football
- State of the Redskins, Week 8—A very long business trip on tap