Dec 21, 2015, 5:05 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, December 21, five days before the Washington Redskins travel to Philadelphia to play the Eagles.
Redskins vs. Bills notes and numbers
—The Redskins have seven wins this year, as many as they had in the last two seasons combined. Last night’s win also ensure that they will not finish in last place in the NFC East, something they have done seven times in the last eight years.
—Kirk Cousins completed 22 passes and he has 336 completions for the season. That broke the team single-season record held by Jason Campbell in 2009 (327).
—Cousins passed for 319 yards, his sixth 300-yard passing game this season. That broke the previous single-season record for 300-yard games in a season of five, help by Sonny Jurgensen (1967), Jay Schroeder (1986), and Mark Rypien (1989
—Cousins became only the fourth Redskins quarterback to throw for at least four touchdowns and rush for a touchdown in a single game, joining Trent Green (1998), Rypien (1991) and Norm Snead (1962).
—DeSean Jackson caught a 77-yard touchdown pass from Cousins in the third quarter. It was his 33rd career reception of 50 yards or more, the most in the NFL since he entered the league in 2007.
—In the last two games Jordan Reed has been targeted 16 times and has caught 16 passes for 204 yards and three touchdowns.
—The Redskins scored touchdowns on their first three drives of the game. The last time they did that was in Week 2 of the 1999 season in a 50-21 win over the Giants, a span of 268 regular season games.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference 3 p.m.
—Days until: Redskins @ Eagles 5; Redskins @Cowboys 13; start of NFL playoffs 19
In case you missed it
- Still in first
- Path to playoff berth now simple for Redskins as Eagles await
- Redskins making progress, but still have work to do
- Redskins injury report — More on Moses, Goldson, Jones
- Redskins TE Jordan Reed focused but having fun after another monster game
- Cousins’ hot starts spur Redskins’ wins
- Chris Baker recounts dramatic stand at goal line vs. Bills
- For Kirk Cousins and DeSean Jackson, this could be just the beginning
- Five things we learned in Redskins win over the Bills
- Report: Redskins brass wants to start long-term talks with Kirk Cousins
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins injury report: Status on Norman, Reed unknown
- Jordan Reed, Josh Norman in for early part of Redskins practice; Matt Jones out
- Statistic Surprise - Redskins used Su'a Cravens sparingly against Detroit
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast - Barstool Nate professes love for Kirk Cousins & London football
- State of the Redskins, Week 8—A very long business trip on tap
- Need to Know: First look at Redskins vs. Bengals—Which team is more desperate?
- Facebook Live pres. by Paisano's: Previewing London with Ryan Kerrigan
- Redskins vs. Bengals: London game time, TV channel, how to watch
- NFC East: Admitted domestic abuser Josh Brown released by Giants
- Despite mistakes, Redskins' Gruden has faith in WR Grant