Dec 14, 2015, 6:03 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, December 14, six days before the Washington Redskins host the Buffalo Bills.
Notes and numbers from Redskins 24, Bears 21
—The Redskins broke a nine-game road losing streak with the win. A tenth straight road loss would have been the worst such streak in team history.
—The Redskins had 11 first downs in the first quarter. That is the most first downs they have had in the opening quarter since records started being kept in 1991.
—Kirk Cousins completed 24 of 31 passes for 300 yards with one touchdown and one interception. It was Cousins’ fifth 300-yard performance of the year, tying the Redskins record set three times Sonny Jurgensen in 1967, Jay Schroeder in 1986 and Mark Rypien in 1989).
—Cousins’ interception, which came in the third quarter, was turned into a touchdown by the Bears. So far this season opponents have turned every third-quarter turnover committed by the Redskins into points.
—Ryan Kerrigan sacked Jay Cutler in the third quarter. The linebacker now has 7.5 sacks on the season. He becomes the fifth player in NFL history with at least 7.5 sacks in each of first 5 NFL seasons (Kerrigan, DeMarcus Ware, Jared Allen, Derrick Thomas, Reggie White).
—Tight end Jordan Reed led the Redskins with nine receptions for 120 yards with a touchdown. In two career games against Chicago, Reed has now caught 18 passes for 254 yards with two touchdowns, exceeding the 100-yard mark in both contests.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference 3 p.m.
—Days until: Bills @ Redskins 6; Redskins @ Eagles 12; Redskins @Cowboys 20
In case you missed it
- Road win!
- Bears’ Twitter account shows a lot of respect to Jordan Reed
- How Kirk Cousins finally notched a road win on his belt
- Redskins both good and lucky in win over Bears
- Five things we learned: Redskins 24, Bears 21
- Gruden on Redskins running backs: I love Alfred, I love Matt
- Message stays the same: Gruden happy with Redskins win, focus on next week
- PHOTOS: Bears fans crumple up Gould sign after missed FG vs. Redskins
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins inactives vs. Lions: Despite shoulder injury, DeSean Jackson will play
- Redskins vs. Lions Live Updates: Scores, stats, analysis, highlights
- Need to Know: Redskins vs. Lions final thoughts—A big day for Jones?
- Enemy Intel: Around the NFL, Week 7—Giants boot away any claim the high ground
- Redskins vs Lions Preview: 5 things to know as Washington goes to the Motor City
- NFL reportedly fines Redskins tight end Vernon Davis for jump shot celebration
- Doctson could return from IR in Week 15
- Need to Know: Five Redskins who are under pressure against the Lions
- Redskins injury report: Cravens good to go
- Redskins place first-round rookie WR Josh Doctson on injured reserve