Dec 8, 2015, 6:45 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, December 8, five days before the Washington Redskins play the Bears in Chicago.
Notes and numbers from Redskins vs. Cowboys
—Kirk Cousins was 22 of 31 passing for 219 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions. That comes to a passer rating of 101.4. He is the first Redskins quarterback since at least 1960 to post a passer rating of 100 or better in four straight home games.
—For the second time this year the Redskins fell behind in the last two minutes of the game before rallying to tie the game in the last minute. Prior to today, they did it in Atlanta. In all they have scored to tie or take the lead with less than 45 seconds to play in four games this year.
—The Cowboys converted just one third down in nine attempts. It was the fewest third-down conversions allowed since a game against the Giants in September of 2011.
—DeSean Jackson scored a touchdown on a 28-yard pass from Cousins in the fourth quarter. It was the third straight game with a touchdown reception for Jackson. Jordan Reed also has a streak of three straight games with a TD reception this year (Weeks 7-10). The last time the Redskins had at least two different players with three-game TD catch streaks was in 1991.
—The Redskins averaged 2.8 yards per carry on the ground. For the first time since at least 2000 they have averaged under three yards per carry for three straight games (2.8 vs. Giants, 1.2 vs. Panthers).
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference 3 p.m. (via teleconference)
—Days until: Redskins @ Bears 5; Bills @ Redskins 12; Redskins @ Eagles 18
In case you missed it
- Missed opportunity for the Redskins
- Exploring DeSean Jackson’s range of emotions during loss to Dallas
- Redskins run game stalled again in ‘heartbreaking’ loss to Cowboys
- 5 things we learned from Washington’s 19-16 loss to Dallas
- Jay Gruden on Redskins loss to Cowboys: It’s frustrating
- DeSean Jackson takes blame for fumble on punt return vs. Cowboys
- DeSean Jackson, Dez Bryant swap jerseys after Monday night game
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor