Dec 6, 2015, 4:49 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, December 6, one day before the Washington Redskins host the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night football.
Five numbers you need to know for Redskins vs. Cowboys
8—The number of third-quarter turnovers committed by the Redskins this year. They are the nexus of the third-quarter problems the Redskins have suffered from this year; opponents have scored after all eight of the takeaways (6 TD, 2 FG, 48 points).
7—The number of touchdowns on third down the Redskins have scored through 11 games this year. In 2014 they scored just three third-down touchdowns all year. For comparison, the Redskins scored 14 touchdowns on third down in 2012, the last time they made the playoffs. This year, the Cardinals lead the league in third-down touchdowns with 11.
111.5—Kirk Cousin’s passer rating over the last five games. He has completed 71.3 percent of his passes for 1,367 yards with 10 touchdowns and two interceptions.
2.6—Cousins’ interception percentage for the season. That’s 15th best among qualifying quarterbacks in the NFL and just above the league average of 2.4 percent.
1—The number of fumbles recovered by the Cowboys this year, the fewest in the NFL. They have forced only five fumbles this season.
—Today’s schedule: Walkthrough at Redskins Park; no media availability
—Days until: Monday night Cowboys @ Redskins 1; Redskins @ Bears 7; Bills @ Redskins 14
In case you missed it
- Riley out, six questionable
- Redskins add practice squad linebacker Fields to active roster
- Redskins WR DeSean Jackson sits out Saturday’s practice
- Redskins waived/injured safety Robinson
- Breeland on NFL’s top receivers: ‘I respect them all but fear none’
- NFL salary cap going up in 2016
- Redskins’ 2012 playoff run gives Riley confidence
- Kerrigan won’t take this shot at the playoffs for granted
Follow Us On Twitter
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor