Dec 5, 2015, 5:41 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, December 5, two days before the Washington Redskins host the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night football.
Kerrigan not taking playoff possibilities for granted
In Ryan Kerrigan’s second year in the NFL, the Redskins went 10-6 and won the NFC East title. Kerrigan figured that playoff trips would be a regular event and that something bigger could be in their near future.
“After 2012 I was thinking, alright, next year we’ll be going deeper in the playoffs, probably going to the Super Bowl. I just thought it would happen because that’s how it’s going to happen,” said Kerrigan. “That’s far from the case.”
Indeed it has been. Over the next two seasons the Redskins won a total of seven games and they generally were out of playoff contention by the time Thanksgiving rolled around.
But this year is different. The Redskins are square in the middle of the postseason hunt as we head into December, tied for the division lead with an edge over the Giants. Kerrigan knows not to take it for granted.
“You definitely appreciate it a little more,” said Kerrigan. I think when you have veteran guys who have experienced both the playoffs and losing, they don’t take it for granted. You see them working harder, doing extra practice and making sure we stay in this position.”
—Today’s schedule: Practice 11:55; Jay Gruden and Sean McVay news conferences and player availability after practice approx. 1:30.
—Days until: Monday night Cowboys @ Redskins 2; Redskins @ Bears 8; Bills @ Redskins 15
In case you missed it
- Compton succeeding against the odds
- Cousins: Redskins don’t have a prime time problem
- Redskins’ offense starting to have issues on third down
- OPEN THREAD: Fans or not, it’s time to give RG3 some credit
- Gruden not fazed by extra rest for Redskins’ opponents
- Cousins likes low-risk, high-reward screen passes
- Carrier and Roberts among three Redskins who didn’t practice Friday
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins have been protecting Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor
- Redskins rookie Robert Kelley has funny, honest reaction to his first NFL carries
- New Redskins center Sullivan says he'll be ready quickly
- Don't mess with Trent Williams. Seriously. Watch this video.
- Even without Robert Griffin III's return, Redskins-Browns is plenty big
- Need to Know: Are the Redskins committed to the run?
- If hairline fracture not enough, Cowboys Dez Bryant reportedly fined