Dec 5, 2015, 5:41 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, December 5, two days before the Washington Redskins host the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night football.
Kerrigan not taking playoff possibilities for granted
In Ryan Kerrigan’s second year in the NFL, the Redskins went 10-6 and won the NFC East title. Kerrigan figured that playoff trips would be a regular event and that something bigger could be in their near future.
“After 2012 I was thinking, alright, next year we’ll be going deeper in the playoffs, probably going to the Super Bowl. I just thought it would happen because that’s how it’s going to happen,” said Kerrigan. “That’s far from the case.”
Indeed it has been. Over the next two seasons the Redskins won a total of seven games and they generally were out of playoff contention by the time Thanksgiving rolled around.
But this year is different. The Redskins are square in the middle of the postseason hunt as we head into December, tied for the division lead with an edge over the Giants. Kerrigan knows not to take it for granted.
“You definitely appreciate it a little more,” said Kerrigan. I think when you have veteran guys who have experienced both the playoffs and losing, they don’t take it for granted. You see them working harder, doing extra practice and making sure we stay in this position.”
—Today’s schedule: Practice 11:55; Jay Gruden and Sean McVay news conferences and player availability after practice approx. 1:30.
—Days until: Monday night Cowboys @ Redskins 2; Redskins @ Bears 8; Bills @ Redskins 15
In case you missed it
- Compton succeeding against the odds
- Cousins: Redskins don’t have a prime time problem
- Redskins’ offense starting to have issues on third down
- OPEN THREAD: Fans or not, it’s time to give RG3 some credit
- Gruden not fazed by extra rest for Redskins’ opponents
- Cousins likes low-risk, high-reward screen passes
- Carrier and Roberts among three Redskins who didn’t practice Friday
Follow Us On Twitter
- A tribute to a fallen hero: CSNMA's top ten Vines of all time
- No promise on playing, but Jordan Reed, Josh Norman traveling to London with Redskins
- Dispatches from London - A day with Tottenham Hotspur in advance of Redskins arrival
- Redskins' Matt Jones misses another practice, in doubt for Sunday
- Redskins running back Robert Kelley likely to get more carries Sunday
- How the Redskins plan to stop A.J. Green if Josh Norman can't play
- Virginia and Idaho really love Ryan Kerrigan, apparently
- Redskins preparing for A.J. Green - with or without Josh Norman - 'They show no fear'
- Need to Know: Around Redskins Park—Will Reed and Norman make the trip?
- Redskins injury report: Status on Norman, Reed unknown