Dec 5, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
Injury report for Redskins vs. Cowboys
S Trenton Robinson (hamstring)—He was able to get out on the practice field earlier this week but he tweaked the hamstring again and the team decided to put him on the shelf. He could revert to injured reserve if he clears waivers.
ILB Perry Riley (foot)—For the second straight Thursday the Redskins suffered a devastating practice injury. A week after losing Chris Culliver for the season they lost Riley for at least a few weeks and perhaps the remainder of the regular season. He suffered a stress fracture in his right foot. After surgery to insert a pin he will be out for three to six weeks. Mason Foster is likely to start in his place, given the shaky injury status of Keenan Robinson (see below).
Questionable (50% chance player will play)
TE Derek Carrier (ankle/Achilles)—He went out early in the Giants game with what Gruden described as both a high ankle sprain and an Achilles injury. It won’t be surprising if he misses another week or two. Je’Ron Hamm will be active in his place. It’s possible that Tom Compton and Ty Nsekhe will get some snaps at tight end.
LB Keenan Robinson (shoulder)—Robinson has missed the last three games with a variety of upper body injuries. His possible absence and the loss of Riley could force the Redskins to sign an inside linebacker. Mason Foster could start in Robinson’s place even if he is active.
CB Deshazor Everett (hamstring)—He was out of the Giants game and he watched Quinton Dunbar have quite a game playing snaps that could have been his. If he is ready to go after being limited in practice all week he could be active in place of either Dunbar if he can’t play or Deshaun Phillips.
CB Quinton Dunbar (finger)—He suffered a nasty finger dislocation in the third quarter against the Giants. Gruden said that he expects him to play, saying “it’s a finger”. Assuming the trainers are confident in their ability to protect the finger he should be good to go.
WR Andre Roberts (knee)—He played against the Giants but he showed up on the injury report with an inflamed knee. Rashad Ross could be active in his place.
RB Chris Thompson—Thompson suffered a sprained AC joint during the Giants game and was limited in practice.
Probable (virtually certain will play)
S Dahson Goldson (wrist/hamstring/knee)—Goldson has been limited in practice all week to give him a break from what appear to be some nagging, mounting injuries.
Also listed as probable are S Dashon Goldson, DE Jason Hatcher (knee), DE Chris Baker (illness), C Josh LeRibeus (elbow/shoulder), CB Will Blackmon (shoulder hip), DB DeAngelo Hall (toe), NT Terrance Knighton (cluster headaches).
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins Playbook: Determining rotation of Trent Murphy, Ryan Kerrigan and Preston Smith
- Martrell Spaight loses bet to Deshazor Everett - Instagram photo shows true disappointment
- Bonus #RedskinsTalk: Will Blackmon talks replacing D-Hall and Game of Thrones
- Need to Know: Tracking the lineup changes around Redskins Park
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well