Nov 30, 2015, 5:33 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, November 30, seven days before the Washington Redskins host the Dallas Cowboys on Monday night football.
Notes and numbers from Redskins 20, Giants 14
— The win was the Redskins’ fifth straight at home. They have never won five in a row at home in a single season at FedEx Field. They last had that many straight wins at home in 1991 when they called RFK Stadium home.
—Kirk Cousins threw for 302 yards, his fourth game with over 300 yards this season. The last Redskins quarterback to have that many 300-yard games in a season was Brad Johnson in 1999.
—During the five-game home winning streak Cousins has completed 76 percent of his passes for 1,436 yards with 10 touchdowns and no interceptions. That comes to a passer rating of 114.4.
—Cousins threw a 63-yard touchdown pass to DeSean Jackson in the second quarter. It was Jackson’s 19th career touchdown covering 60 or more yards. That is the fourth-most all-time in the NFL. On the all-time list he trails Bobby Mitchell (20) by one and Jerry Rice (23) by four.
—Ryan Kerrigan recorded two sacks, giving him 44.5 for his career. That moved him past Monte Coleman and into third place on the Redskins all-time sack leaders (note that the NFL started keep sacks as an official stat in 1982).
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference 3 p.m., Comcast SportsNet
—Days until: Monday night Cowboys @ Redskins 7; Redskins @ Bears 13; Bills @ Redskins 20
In case you missed it
- Statement win
- How Cousins can make believers out of remaining skeptics
- By the Numbers: 5 stats you need to know about Redskins-Giants
- Breeland took rematch with Giants personal
- Redskins react to Odell Beckham TD catch: “Not human” and “amazing”
- Gruden: ‘We are just going to keep grinding’
- How the NFC East looks after Redskins’ win over Giants
- Fueled by players-only meeting, Redskins defense rallies for strong effort
- Redskins 20, Giants 14: Five things we learned on Sunday
- Dunbar: ‘Bone was sticking out’ after injury vs. Giants
Follow Us On Twitter
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor
- Redskins rookie Robert Kelley has funny, honest reaction to his first NFL carries
- New Redskins center Sullivan says he'll be ready quickly