Nov 28, 2015, 5:02 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Saturday, November 28, one day before the Redskins host the New York Giants.
Five numbers to know for Redskins vs. Giants
—The Redskins are 4-1 at home, tied for their second-best record through five home games since 1990. In that time they started 5-0 at home once, in 1991 which was their last Super Bowl season. They have started 4-1 at home five times prior to this year, making the playoffs in three of those seasons (1990, 1992, 2005). Looking ahead, they have made the playoffs all three seasons they have gone 5-1 or better in their first six home games.
—The Redskins are 1-2 since their bye. Since 2008 they have won more than two games after their by just once, in 2012. That includes two seasons, 2011 and 2013, when they had 12 games after the bye.
—After have a few solid third quarters in a row, the Redskins reverted to their early season form right after halftime against the Panthers. They were outscored 10-0 with both of Carolina’s scores coming after Redskins turnovers. For the year they have given up 48 points off of turnovers in the third quarter. By contrast, the Giants have given up just 23 points off of turnovers all year.
—The Giants have led at the two-minute warning on four of their five losses this season. In three of their losses the winning touchdown came with under 10 seconds left to play.
—The most rushing yards a Giants player has gained in a game this season is 63 by Rashad Jennings in Week 6 against the Eagles. The Redskins have allowed five individual running backs to go over 100 yards against them this season.
—Today’s schedule: Walkthrough at Redskins Park; no media availability
—Days until: Giants @ Redskins 1; Monday night Cowboys @ Redskins 9; Redskins @ Bears 15
In case you missed it
- Two starters questionable
- Gruden discusses Redskins’ plan to replace Culliver
- Week 12 preview: It’s a ‘one game season’ for the Redskins
- Landon Collins excited to play on the field where idol Sean Taylor once did
- With Culliver out, what is the Redskins’ Plan B?
- With division foes’ seasons in tatters, can the Redskins take advantage?
- Five Redskins who need to step up against the Giants
Follow Us On Twitter
- Quinton Dunbar did something Redskins haven't done since before Facebook existed
- Odell Beckham gets yards, but Josh Norman's Redskins get the win
- Redskins survive behind makeshift offensive line
- Redskins win, but await status of multiple injured players
- Five things we learned from the Redskins win over the Giants
- Report: Redskins' DeAngelo Hall was told he'd torn ACL, MRI scheduled
- Redskins get first win, capitalize on turnovers to edge Giants 29-27
- Odell Beckham Jr. fights kicking net, loses
- Injuries to Lauvao, Lichtensteiger force strange shift on Redskins offensive line
- DeAngelo Hall out after being helped off the field with knee injury