Nov 9, 2015, 5:09 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, November 9, six days before the Washington Redskins host the New Orleans Saints.
Notes and numbers from Patriots 27, Redskins 10
FOXBOROUGH, MA—A look at some notes and numbers from the Redskins loss to the Patriots.
—Tom Brady passed for 299 yards. That means that the Redskins—just barely—remain one of three teams that have not allowed a 300-yard passer this season, joining the Broncos and Vikings.
—The Redskins rushed for 37 yards. They now have had no more than 51 rushing yards in their last four games. Never in their history have they gone four games in a row gaining 51 yards rushing or fewer.
—The Redskins held the Patriots to 27 points, their lowest output of the year. Their previous low was 28 in the season opener against the Steelers. They have score 30 points or more in every game since Week 1.
—Jamison Crowder led the team with six receptions, giving him 38 at the midway point of the season. If he continues at his current pace he will end the season with 76 receptions, which would shatter the Redskins rookie record of 58, set by Art Monk in 1980.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference 3 p.m.
—Days until: Saints @ Redskins 6; Redskins @ Panthers 13; Giants @ Redskins 20
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins' Josh Norman planning celebration that puts NFL in awkward spot
- Injury report: Cravens a full go in practice but status for game still uncertain
- Redskins one of the best in NFL at preventing long plays
- Redskins without two key offensive players at Thursday's practice
- A few plays here and there could have led to different results for the Redskins
- Redskins' Kirk Cousins shuts down report he's affected by criticism: 'Not accurate'
- DeAngelo Hall appreciates Brian Mitchell's response to Stephen A. Smith on Redskins comments
- Kirk Cousins has apparently never said a bad word in front of Jay Gruden
- Need to Know: Despite four-game win streak, Redskins don't think they've done anything
- Redskins TE Niles Paul says he was fined by NFL for custom cleats