Nov 3, 2015, 4:54 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, November 3, five days before the Redskins visit the New England Patriots.
Predicting the rest of the Redskins season
Here is what I think is going to happen in the Redskins’ remaining nine games. As usual, your opinion, agreeing or dissenting, is welcome in the comments.
Sunday @ Patriots—Sure, on any given Sunday and all. But there doesn’t seem to be a way for the Redskins to win unless Tom Brady gives it away and he doesn’t give away games.
Winner: Patriots, Redskins record 3-5
Nov. 15 vs. Saints—The Drew Brees we saw on Sunday in the Superdome isn’t the guy we usually see outdoors on grass. The Saints are 0-2 outside this year and their defense is one of the worst in the NFL.
Winner: Redskins, record 4-5
Nov. 22 @ Panthers—I’m not sure that Carolina is as good as its record but they have a solid defense and a quarterback who has to potential to frustrate the Redskins’ defense.
Winner: Panthers, Redskins record 4-6
Nov. 29 vs. Giants—It’s impossible for the Redskins to beat the Giants in New Jersey. It’s merely difficult at FedEx Field. They are just a bad matchup as it seems like Eli Manning can dial up a touchdown pass to Odell Beckham Jr. or a number of other receivers anytime he wants to when they play Washington.
Winner: Giants, Redskins record 4-7
Dec. 2 vs. Cowboys—Unlike the Giants, the Cowboys seem to be a good matchup for the Redskins. So even though Tony Romo is likely to have returned and should have a couple of games under his belt and ignoring the fact that it’s a prime time game, a time when the Redskins usually struggle, I’ll take the home team.
Winner: Redskins,record 5-7
Dec. 13 @ Bears—The Bears are giving some teams a good battle and Jay Cutler can still put the ball on the money at times. Will Matt Forte be in there for the Bears? Will December winds from Lake Michigan knock a key Dustin Hopkins field goal try off target? While I think the Redskins should win, I have a bad feeling about this one.
Winner: Bears, Redskins record 5-8
Dec. 20 vs. Bills—This is a rather odd game to close out the home season. The Bills were going to be an AFC East contender but now it looks like they will be scuffling for a wild card at best. Their defense was going to be tough under Rex Ryan but it’s been just OK at best.
Winner: Redskins,record 6-8
Dec. 26 @ Eagles—Here is where things get kind of tough to figure out. Will the game mean anything to the Eagles? For that matter, will it mean anything to the Redskins? Is Sam Bradford going to be playing still? This is an odd Saturday night prime-time game.
Winner: Eagles, Redskins record 6-9
Jan. 3 @ Cowboys—More murkiness in the crystal ball here. Will either team have anything to play for or will both be playing out the string? Regardless, I think the Redskins are due to sweep the Cowboys.
Winner: Redskins record 7-9
—Today’s schedule: Off day, no media availability
—Days until: Redskins @ Patriots 5; Saints @ Redskins 12; Redskins @ Panthers 19
In case you missed it
- DeSean feels ready
- Breeland unsure about timetable for his hamstring injury
- Ryan Kerrigan hopes to play Sunday, but will be careful with decision
- Post-bye week look at the Redskins’ injury situation
- Redskins return to work after self scouting, game planning
- A good bye Sunday for the Redskins
- Will Kerrigan play against the Patriots?
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins announce Lichtensteiger, Hall to injured reserve, two players signed
- Redskins move Kory Lichtensteiger to IR, make add at center, per report
- With DeAngelo Hall done for the year, Redskins try out former Gators safety
- Redskins' Cousins passing more often and more effectively on first down
- Number Crunch - Redskins offense looks poised for a breakout
- Center depth issues not new for Redskins - even with attempts to improve
- Kouandjio likely to start at left guard for Redskins on Sunday
- Need to Know: Final thoughts on Redskins vs. Giants—Is the Cousins of 2015 back yet?
- Gruden presser wrapup: Even he's not sure what a catch is
- Why all options are on the table for Redskins' offensive line