Need to Know: Five final thoughts on Redskins vs. Jets

Oct 18, 2015, 6:23 AM EDT

Preston-Smith-sack-vs.-Eagles

Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, October 18, the day the Washington Redskins play the New York Jets.

Five final thoughts on Redskins vs. Jets

—Yes, I know. The injuries, the injuries, the injuries. Yes, there is a reason that Trent Williams ($10.6 million) has a cap number about 20 times higher than that of Ty Nsekhe ($510,000). He’s a lot better. But every week in the NFL players who haven’t played much before come in for injured players and get the job done, getting in and out of the lineup before the other team can figure out his strengths and weaknesses. We will see if Nsekhe is one of those guys.

—The defense is largely intact with the exception of CB Chris Culliver. The pressure will be on the defense to get the job done. DE Jason Hatcher and NT Terrance Knighton said during the week that they were looking forward to going up against the straight-ahead power running scheme of the Jets after chasing Devonta Freeman in the zone stretch against the Falcons last week. If they can do their part and bottle up Chris Ivory it will be tough for Ryan Fitzpatrick to beat them.

—We could find out if the one-back theory that has been fodder for discussion on talk radio and on the web (including here) has any validity. It seems likely that Matt Jones will be either inactive or available on a limited or on an emergency basis only. That could mean the 20-plus carries for Alfred Morris that everyone has been looking for. It is likely to be tough sledding against the Jets’ defensive front with the Redskins’ banged-up offensive line no matter who carries the ball. But we should get a limited feel for whether or not Morris does do better once he gets into a “rhythm” and warmed up or if that is one of those myths floating around out there.

—The Jets have 13 takeaways and they have played only four games. The Redskins have six in five games. Taking a closer look at the Jets’ numbers, they have forced eight fumbles and recovered seven of them. Their ability to recover them isn’t all training and skill; there is an element of luck involved as well. Over time, every NFL team will recover about as many balls on the ground as the other team does. But even though New York’s luck is likely to run out at some point, it’s not necessarily going to happen against the Redskins.

—If the defense can get it done—meaning holding the Jets to around 14 points—the Redskins will have a shot. Washington has not won a game scoring fewer than 14 points since September 12, 2010, the first game of the Shanahan error, um, era. If the defense or special teams can log a score (DeAngelo Hall scored a touchdown on a fumble return in that 2010 game), the chances will be better. I think the offense goes ultra conservative so Tress Way will have to have to boom punts from deep in Redskins territory and artfully drop them inside the 20 when he’s called upon to do that. Kirk Cousins will need to avoid multiple turnovers. In the big picture it’s like drawing to an inside straight flush. A Redskins win is possible but the odds are very much against it.

Today’s schedule: Redskins vs. Jets, 1:00 p.m., FOX

Days until: Bucs @ Redskins 7; Redskins @ Patriots 21

1. michaeledwinbond - Oct 18, 2015 at 7:47 AM

I’m actually excited to see how Moses/Scherff handle being the ‘established members’ of the O-Line; if they perform well against that front 7 it’ll give them a serious boost going forward.

2. mr.moneylover - Oct 18, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Josh leberius starting at center should tell everyone how this game will go he get pushed back more then any linemen we got I believe a rookie can do better then him…this will be a game that kirk cousins will get sack multiple times or throw multiple INTs because he will be uncomfortable

• jonevans511 - Oct 18, 2015 at 12:12 PM

lets just hope if they bring the heat up the middle, right at Leriebus, Cousins dumps that ball off to Thompson in the flat. If they over pursue we should have at least a couple big play opportunities and I think Thompson can easily outrun the backend of the D if that happens.

This could be a LONG game for us, but something tells me the Jets will help keep us in the game. Lets not forget Ryan Fitzpatrick is….. well, Ryan Fitzpatrick. No one on the Skins should be afraid of him and if our corners play as aggressive as they did last week I can see at least 2 picks coming our way. The key is obviously containing Ivory, but even if he plays well we will be OK if we dominate time of possession… Had we sustained just a couple more drives against the Falcons, Freeman’s big day may have been in vain.

3. kenlinkins - Oct 18, 2015 at 8:06 AM

After a heart breaking lost, key injuries and a pretty good Jet’s team up next, The Redskins will just have to suck it up and see what Cousins can do as a game manager (i.e. avoid sacks / INT’s) have Morris keep them close and hope that the football god’s smile on them late. With everything else going wrong right now it seems like a great time for some RG3 drama. That would just about complete the list of things that could go wrong.

• bangkokben - Oct 18, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Since you mentioned him, can you imagine the feeling of the fan base if Griffin was starting behind this o-line? We would be seriously worried for his health and next year’s option. Instead, we’re worried about how many turnovers the quarterback will make. There may be a glimmer of hope with Cousins but by and large the fans are convinced this is an L. Chris Thompson scores at least once today, not sure it’s enough.

• Diehard Redskins - Oct 18, 2015 at 11:19 AM

Please grow out of this nutshell, health and injuries, they all getting hurt, Romo,Roethlisberger, Brees, and others, This is a violent game, quarterbacks get hurt, just like everybody else, I see we have at least to make the change and for the haters I would say,let’s start Colt and see what he can do? Then we go from there, I think we should have traded Cousins at the beginning of the season, I don’t think we can get anything for him right now, this is his style of offense, but he still couldn’t prove that he can do it. #HTTR

• redskinsnameisheretostay - Oct 18, 2015 at 7:37 PM

You were so wrong in so many ways that it’s hard to keep count. RG3 is two years away from that major injury. He hasn’t had a brace on in some time. Your glimmer of hope never shined and Thompson never scored.

• bangkokben - Oct 19, 2015 at 4:15 PM

Wrong? How? Thompson not scoring? Yep.

4. Kirks Cousin - Oct 18, 2015 at 9:00 AM

My 5 thoughts- We.Are.Going.To.Lose.

No joke, we still aren’t doing the small things correctly. Every other team has no name speedsters that get it done, we have them and don’t play them I don’t see us outsmarting that D

5. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - Oct 18, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Our patched together O.L. vs. a Jets front 7 that has been on fire and is getting Sheldon Richardson back? Tough match up.

On the other hand, the Jets play the Patriots next week and they have a history of under-performing before that game. HTTR!
    ~

• jonevans511 - Oct 18, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Very good point about the Jets and their look-ahead mentality in the past…. the only thing I’ll say is Bowles has a different approach to coaching than his predecessor so we will see how he gets his players up for this game. Conversely, i’m very interested in seeing how Gruden & co get their players motivated after that heartbreaking loss last week. Teams are defined not just by how they play week in week out but how they rebound after a tough loss. Of course the coaching staff isn’t fully responsible for getting our boys ready to play, but when you have a young team with injuries the coach must bring everyone together. I just hope we play 4 quarters of football and not have any mental lapses. If we get beat on a big play or turn the ball over in a bad spot, I want to see us stay calm and bounce back immediately.

6. celeoinc - Oct 18, 2015 at 11:57 AM

On top of the defense holding the Jets to 14 points, the special teams have to hold the Jets to zero points and the offense has to hold the Jets defense to zero points. And yes, if that happens we have a chance!

7. Jax4 - Oct 18, 2015 at 12:02 PM

With all the starters injured, this is really going to be a bad game. I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not optimisitc

8. goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Here we go, Rob is suited and booted for the 1st time this season. Cousins could be out at halftime after throwing 2 or 3 picks in the 1st half. Rg3 better get the arm warmed up

• Jax4 - Oct 18, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Colt would go in before Robert.. Robert will not see the field at all this year

• squawonthewarpath - Oct 18, 2015 at 2:44 PM

I love when people are wrong!!!

• gasngo14 - Oct 18, 2015 at 4:21 PM

please take them posters down!!!

9. abanig - Oct 18, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Give the rock to Alfred Morris off the right side behind the two 23 year old big boys – Scherff and Moses. Just feed the man. Give Morris 30 carries, give Thompson some change of pace carries 6 during the game. Let Morris & Thompson get some screen passes. Use Thompson on option routes against the line backers.

Use the short passing game mostly. Give Ross a 3 or 4 deep shots and see if their old corners can keep up with his 4.3 speed.

We won’t see Griffin today, everyone needs to calm down. Lol

10. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - Oct 18, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Garçon!
    ~

11. chris - Oct 18, 2015 at 1:38 PM

2nd and 2 and we throw 2 incomplete passes. So much for sticking with the running game

12. jumbo611 - Oct 18, 2015 at 2:07 PM

The line is looking decent in pass pro so far.

• ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - Oct 18, 2015 at 2:33 PM

“Arena League vet Ty Nsekhe might replace Pro Bowl left tackle Trent Williams.”

And the only sack given up so far came from the right side, per Rich.
      ~

13. ericstylezz - Oct 18, 2015 at 2:58 PM

Put someone else in the game man its the same thing every week. Play ok in the 1st half then mix things up by throwing a few 2nd half picks.

• ericstylezz - Oct 18, 2015 at 3:18 PM

Like seriously, with this is worse than with RG3. The biggest threat with him was injury not just throwing the ball to the other team when nothing is open. Like where are all the Cousins supporters? What is going on out there?

• Skulb - Oct 18, 2015 at 11:53 PM

It would be worse. Same amount of interceptions and you could add ten sacks and five fumbles to that. No point changing QBs this season. Kirk either makes it work or we draft someone next year.

14. kenlinkins - Oct 18, 2015 at 3:00 PM

What is with The Redskins as they start the second half of each game. They seem to be the worst in the NFL right after half time.

• goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 3:21 PM

I knew it. Look at my posts. Cousins is garbage. An INT machine. Why keep putting a back up in to play and thinking we will win.

15. Johnny B. - Oct 18, 2015 at 3:22 PM

After this game with no offense and no 2nd half defense we are in trouble. Play calling and terrible o-line play with a lot of bad qb play this coach sucks

16. ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© - Oct 18, 2015 at 3:24 PM

Hey, at least the 3rd quarter is over!

~

17. goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 3:27 PM

I am not a RG3 fan at all. However, there is no way anyone can tell me that Rg3 could not do at least as good if not better than Cousins. Kirk single handily looses the game more often than not. Give Colt a try or something. For fu*** sake. Kirk is a back up not a starter. I am ready to see a change at QB. Kirk is not smarting up at all. The 1st INT is one of the worst I have seen in a long time. SO late, where the fu** is he throwing the ball to. Get his a** out of there.

• jumbo611 - Oct 18, 2015 at 3:48 PM

With all do respect. That first one may have been late and inside,but there should’ve been something the receiver should’ve done… I’ll wait until Gruden and Cooley mention it and get back to you.

Btw.i can’t wait to see how many blame the injuries and the defense for this mess.

• goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 4:10 PM

Wait and see what Cooley says. That 1st INT was horrendous, late, basically threw it right to the defender. One of Cousins worst decisions he has made this year. Cousins is a INT machine. You can not win when you dont protect the ball. Cousins has got to go. I say make a switch after they bye week. Cousins back to 3rd string like last year and take your pick between Colt and Rob.

• goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 11:54 PM

Get back to me on that one but many annalists are saying the 1st one was Cousins worst INT of the year so far. Now there is 7 others to pick from so you know it must have been bad. I am not afraid to say it like a lot of Cousins fans, Rex Cousins sucks. He is so much like Grossman. He will make a great play and then ruin the game. I like Kirk a lot but he does not have it. I think he will make a really solid backup for years to come and his future is career back up.

• brucefan1 - Oct 18, 2015 at 4:40 PM

Cmon goback, do you think that Mac REALLY expected much from this team this year, win/loss wise? If so, then say hi to the tooth fairy for me.

He hadda know that he still had too much work to do to have high hopes — not that he’d ever say that publicly.

Like many here, I think this is a test year for Kirk, so he’ll get to play the whole thing out in order to see if shows ANYHTING that the team can bank on going forward. No way Colts is the QB to build on; going to him would be ultimately pointless, long term. Griffin? He’s a dead man walking in B & G – never going back in except for multiple disasters, especially with that injury clause. Scott’s only hope is that Cuz finally starts to get it, tho there seems little chance of that — especially not with THIS flawed team around him

(I think we can also surmise who else is in a test year, right? And with every HC they face seemingly coach rings around our guy (especially after the half!), there can’t be many posting here who think that he’s earning a passing grade. But please, correct me if I’m miscalculating his support.)

18. chris - Oct 18, 2015 at 3:50 PM

Why isn’t morris in the damn game more chris thompson isn’t a goal line runner….wth

• goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Morris must be on the shit list cause he is being phased out completely. I agree, why the hell is Thompson in on the goal line. Poor coaching. Gruden is the next coach to get gone for sure.

19. Johnny B. - Oct 18, 2015 at 4:53 PM

Well I had a post on here but it disappeared.

• brucefan1 - Oct 18, 2015 at 5:21 PM

That’s been happening a lot lately, Johnny.

I’ve had some of mine turn up HOURS later, but with the time stamp of when I originally posted it! But by then it’s kinda old news. (What’s that ? ALL my comments are kinda old news?!)

Wouldn’t take it personally tho — I assume it’s just a blog snafu. At least I HOPE so! LOL

• goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 5:41 PM

To think the Buffalo Bills were going to trafde for Kirk Cousins! Muahaha! I bet they are glad they went with old man Fitzpatrick!! Good call Bills, Good call. I am not afraid to say our QB Kirk “paper airplane” Cousins suks.

20. Johnny B. - Oct 18, 2015 at 5:10 PM

Well I had a post on here but it disappeared. No matter we lost bad O-line play bad qb play good effort by the tired defense Expecially by Breeland and special teams at the end. Still bad coaching decisions but with the injuries on the team I guess he was doing the best he could. Disappointed yes but we did keep going till the end and saw improvement with the whole team. Looking forward to see what we will look like when healthy.

21. goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 5:27 PM

Rg3! Rg3!! Rg3!!!

Since we do not run the ball anymore lets get Rob in there and see what his wheels can do. Maybe run Rg3 20 times a game similar to what Carolina Panthers do with Cam.

• brucefan1 - Oct 18, 2015 at 5:43 PM

Haha! Funny Goback. I feel ya tho!

Until my missing reply to yer earlier comment pops up, I’ll recap real quick; Short of major injuries to Cuz AND Colt, Griffin will not wear the B & G in anger again this season. He’s gone as soon as this season is over, especially if Gru comes back next year. (But that looks like a BIG if just about now, right?)

The minute Gru ever announced that RG3 was gonna start, strictly due to the others poor play (thereby basically admitting that his QB assessment backfired) — is the minute he signs his own termination papers as Redskin HC!

22. goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 5:33 PM

If this happens again next week I hear the chants coming, “Rg3! Rg3!! Rg3!!!!!!!”

Kirks gotta go, he is garbage, proved that he is a back up, and still makes the same mistakes over and over again. Makes the same mistakes he has been making since his college days. Some of the ugliest INT’s you will ever see.

• skinsgame - Oct 18, 2015 at 5:48 PM

The only people chanting for a Griffin are his minions. Griffin isn’t suddenly a good QB just because Cousins threw an interception.

• goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Nobody said Rg3 was good. I do not think Rg3 is good at all. He is certainly better than Cousins though.
        I do not think Kirk Cousins gives the Redskins the best chance to win. Colt McCoy or Rob could do a better job in my meaningless opinion.
        Kirk Cousins now has 8 INT’s for the year. LOL

• hail74 - Oct 18, 2015 at 7:33 PM

I don’t see what you see that makes RG3 certainly better. Robert just isn’t going to get in another game. Think about it, he is not worth the 16 million next year nor will he sign for anything less. He will gladly accept a backup position on another team on a one year prove it deal and the skins will gladly let him walk and allow cousins to keep playing until the guy they draft next year ( hopefully Cook) is ready to go.

• brucefan1 - Oct 18, 2015 at 10:53 PM

As we’ve said before several times here, hail74, it’s probably true that Griifin won’t take one snap this season, but it’s not because he doesn’t present a viable alternative to Cuz. It’s due to your second point, that $16 mill injury guaranteed gorilla in the room.

Besides I can’t see Gru EVER allowing Griffin to be named the starter at ANY point this season … not as long as HE’S the head coach. If push came to shove and the F.O. decides they wanted to see what RG3 could do, I assume they’d have to do it over Gru’s FIRED (but still handsomely paid) body. (But then you know what happens when we assume.)

• hail74 - Oct 19, 2015 at 12:16 AM

Why would the FO want to risk 16 mil to see what RG3 can do? He won’t be on the team next year even if they make the mistake of firing Gruden. Scots MO for success has been to build a tough D, solid rush O and not invest heavily in a QB so why would he change that formula for Griffen? I like Griffen and honestly think he’s trying hard to get better and maybe he is, but there’s no way I’d invest that much money in him.

• brucefan1 - Oct 18, 2015 at 5:57 PM

No no no … it’s GRU who has “minions”!

(Don’t you take your kids to the movies?! Hehe)

• goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 11:50 PM

Everyone keeps talking about this injury clause. If the Redskins were so worried about the injury contract than why in the world is Rob running Free Safety in practice. He still takes reps in practice and if he tears his ACL on the practice field it would still initiate his contract. If Rob trips over the Water Cooler on the sideline and tears his knee up it would initiate next years contract.
          I do not think they are worried about the 16 million dollar gorilla or they would have released or traded him immediately. Dan Snyder loves Rg3 a lot more than 16 million and this thing stinks of Gruden being fired at the end of the year and Rob starting next season with his new coach. Snyder and Rob will sit down at the end of the year and figure out who the best coach for Rg3 will be for next year. Cousins will play out his contract and enter free agency. Colt McCoy will be gone too.

• hail74 - Oct 19, 2015 at 12:24 AM

That’s a nightmare scenario. Has no one noticed how the team is coming together? I don’t think even Snyder would destroy that just to please RG3. If they cut him outright doesn’t his cap hit go from 4 to 7 mil? I could be wrong. What coach is going to want to come here where they fire coaches 2-3 years in to contracts and be saddled with A player whose 2 prior coaches gave up on him.

• goback2rfk - Oct 19, 2015 at 3:25 AM

Its Cousins fault we lost today. I dont care what anyone on CSN or Bomani Jones or any of these other yuppies say. Cousins 1st INT killed the game for us. I dont give a crap what the defense was doing. This game is on Rex Cousins.

• Skulb - Oct 19, 2015 at 4:20 AM

@gbRFK

He´s not tackling, running etc on the scout team. It´s just routine walkthroughs every third string QB in the league takes part in. Colt did this all last year and nobody was talking about it because they didn´t care. It only became a topic when his highnessness arrived so the press suddenly noticed that it is third string QBs actually do. It´s all hands on deck for the practice squad and that includes Robert. At least it´s flat on the training field so he´s less likely to get injured hanging around there than in his house probably.

• brucefan1 - Oct 19, 2015 at 9:02 AM

(All those replies to my “minions” joke? Nice. 👍🏼 )

I know everyone has moved onto today’s Real Readskins I thought I’d try to tie up this thread;

I like ya, goback, but I’m afraid all this poor play (or was it the very late hour of your posting) has got ya thinking irrationally! There is no way Rob will be back year JUST because Danny wants him back — GM, HC, and TEAMMATES be danged ! I think deep inside you know all that.

And I’m pretty sure RG wouldn’t want that either. Can’t you see a scenario in which he’s just about as ready to start over again somewhere more conducive to him as his critics are to see him go. I can.

And then, barring some unseen evolution of Cousin Kirk into something more than a journeyman, the Skins will be looking for their 208th QB candidate in the last 22 years.

See ya at today’s NTK!

23. goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 6:58 PM

In his 20-game career, Cousins has thrown at least two interceptions 10 times, including four times this season.

24. redskinsnameisheretostay - Oct 18, 2015 at 7:45 PM

We can all debate Cousins as a starter or who his replacement should be. We can also debate the injuries were just too much to surmount. However, I thought the O-line pass protected very well. The running game was never given a chance. End results IMO is that this was poor execution of the offensive scheme. I’m not sure any QB is going to help make this offense run any better. It doesn’t matter that the starter is Cousins, McCoy, or RG3; the offensive scheme is a huge dud! The defense fault hard and no doubt gave up big plays in the second half. However, it doesn’t excuse the fact that almost every freaking week we are lucky to see this offense produce all but a single TD. Hell, even our special teams helped, AGAIN, with a touchdown. I’m interested in what the Color-for-me guy will have to respond about. He’s running out of excuses for Cousins and this offense that just cannot manufacture points.

• Johnny B. - Oct 18, 2015 at 8:26 PM

So true this offense is a low scoring with a powerful defense. But neither is where it needs to be. The defense is getting there but too many injuries to the secondary is hindering the run defense. The offense is dry and boring no big plays to open up the run game. The same plays every week with nothing new. Too predictable so we get nowhere. When Cousins gets too much pressure he gets flustered and over throws his receivers. In which causes the pics. Crappie play calling and injuries caused this one but Cousins did have a hand in it.

• goback2rfk - Oct 18, 2015 at 9:48 PM

I think the QB position on this team is a huge dud. Without solid QB play we can not win consistently. Hopefully, we land a good draft pick next year and can pick up a worthwhile young talent.

• skinsgame - Oct 18, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Do you recall what you thought their record was going to be during the preseason?

• redskinsnameisheretostay - Oct 19, 2015 at 12:09 PM

6-10 was my expectation but I don’t even know if I posted that since I’m not big on win/loss season predictions. Regardless, this has nothing to do with the points made.

• Skulb - Oct 19, 2015 at 12:01 AM

I partly agree. What annoys me is that it works well in the first half and sometimes in the fourth quarter but not at all in the third quarter. I mean they did lead going into the half after a great defensive effort, a productive ST effort and a mistake free first half from the offense. They didn´t play particularly good football but they also didn´t make mistakes. Then offensive mistakeapalooza in the third again. It´s frustrating but clearly there are some good things going on. Just not for a full game.
      Although it is an excuse we are now lacking not only our top WR but also our entire original depth chart at TE and half the offensive line, including our three time pro bowler LT. That was always going to be tricky in an away game against the Jets. If they can beat Tampa and get to the bye at 3-4 maybe we can get some people back and make a more decent account of ourselves down the stretch. The Jets game needs to be forgotten and it was an offensive disaster.

• goback2rfk - Oct 19, 2015 at 3:19 AM

There are so many things imploding right now it is crazy. Like I said before the game “Alfred Morris will have 12 carries.” He ended up having 11. How in the hell do we go from leading the league in rushing to not even producing 50 yards on the ground for multiple weeks? What in the hell is the offense doing?
        What is Thompson doing in the game with short yardage at the goal line? Why in the hell is Rex “paper airplane” Cousins throwing the ball deep into double coverage when the receiver is blanketed? He just throws it up for grabs like this is highschool ball.
        What the hell is Ryan Kerrigan doing? 0 Sacks and 1 assist on a tackle. Thats it!
        The defense had 0 SACKS on Ryan Fitzpatrick! Without Breelands play today the defensive looked like shit.
        Kerrigan looking like a bust with only 3 measly sacks this year. Can you say take the money and run.

• Skulb - Oct 19, 2015 at 3:56 AM

It´s not pretty, I´ll give you that. But it´s a game of margins and people do need to make plays to help the people around them do better. Cousins was bad but so were his receivers. And that does nothing for the running game behind a line of backups. And then that puts even more strain on the already flat passing game which again makes it even harder to run than it already was etc. It just felt like a negative cycle of incompetence on offense to me in the second half.
          And the defense has been up and down all year and I agree that Kerrigan is not himself right now. But at least we´re getting some takeaways like a normal NFL team.

It´s just the Bad team Syndrome. The defense can play well or the line can play well while the secondary fails or vice versa. The offense can play well too and so can special teams. But never at the same time. And that means a big fat L in the books.
          If we go through the list of games so far we have lost games to all these units.

Dolphins: Secondary, special teams, offensive line
          Giants: Offense, special teams.
          Falcons: Defensive line.
          Jets: Pass rushers, defensive line, offense.

We can argue the particulars. Some people simply blame everything on Cousins and Gruden, predictably enough. but it´s a failure of the entire team to come together at the same time. The two times they sort of did this we won. And that is predictable too. It just has to be more consistent if we want to improve from a bad team to a decent team.

25. hail74 - Oct 19, 2015 at 12:09 AM

Man I miss those halcyon days of Redskins past before Gruden and Cousins came and ruined it all. Oh wait we were always bad and this is actually an improvement.

• goback2rfk - Oct 19, 2015 at 3:24 AM

You young guys are to young to remember real Washington Redskins Football. The glory days in RFK stadium when we used to rock out. I remember the fan base back then and now the hole culture has changed.
      What a shame. I have learned this year that I can not trust the Redskins. They beat the Rams and the Eagles to give me hope and then stab me in the back when I give them praise. They always revert back to Skins we all know them as, losers….
      I am ready to see some of the Texas Legend Colt McCoy next Sunday. Give Rex Cousins some time to think about his horrible throws till after the bye week.

• Skulb - Oct 19, 2015 at 4:09 AM

It hasn´t been too grand since 1991 though. You can´t blame people for being born during the last twenty years and change. It´s not their fault:) I think the first signs of the rock bottom we have been hitting was the deplorable 0-3 game to the Jets in 1993. Things were never the same after that. Imagine losing a shut out to a field goal! Compared to that a few Cousins interceptions in a 20-34 away loss is glorious entertainment.

• hail74 - Oct 19, 2015 at 8:51 AM

I was being facetious goback, I’m 41 and too have seen some great redskins teams but as you revel in another redskins loss you act as tho gruden inherited a powerhouse and ruined it all by putting in cousins

• goback2rfk - Oct 19, 2015 at 12:32 PM

Just for my shits and giggle. Who do you think gives the Redskins the best chance to win? Kirk Cousins, Colt McCoy, or Rober Griffin III.

Do you think Gruden is the right fit for the Redskins organization?