Oct 12, 2015, 5:54 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, October 12, six days before the Washington Redskins play the New York Jets.
News, notes, and numbers, Redskins vs. Falcons
—Starting from their own 20 with 24 seconds left, the Redskins drove to a 52-yard Dustin Hopkins field goal to tie the game. It was the first time since at least 1994 that the Redskins have driven at least 40 yards for the tying score in the last 30 seconds of a game.
—In their first four games this year the Redskins did not allow a team to rush for 100 yards on them. The Falcons’ Davonta Freeman rushed for 153 yards on 27 carries on Sunday.
—Kirk Cousins threw two interceptions against the Falcons. He now has multiple turnovers in three of his five starts this year and six of his last 10 starts going back to last year.
—The Redskins had three takeaways, two interceptions of Matt Ryan and a fumble recovery. It is the first time the Redskins have had three takeaways in a game since the Week 12 of last year against the 49ers. The last time they had more was in 2013 in Week 8 against the Broncos (they recovered a fumble and, yes, picked off Peyton Manning three times).
—Rookie wide receiver Jamison Crowder was targeted eight time and caught eight passes. In the last three games he has been targeted 26 times and has caught. 21 of them. He has now led the team in receptions two games in a row.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden news conference 3:00 p.m. Comcast SportsNet
—Days until: Redskins @ Jets 6; Bucs @ Redskins 13; Redskins @ Patriots 27
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Paisano's Facebook Live: Ryan Kerrigan takes your pre-Week 4 questions
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor
- Redskins rookie Robert Kelley has funny, honest reaction to his first NFL carries