Sep 14, 2015, 5:19 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Monday, September 14, six days before the Washington Redskins host the St. Louis Rams.
Notes and numbers vs. the Dolphins
—The Redskins ran 37 times for 161 yards. If you project that out over a full season that’s 592 rushing attempts for 2,576 yards. Jay Gruden and, especially, Scot McCloughan would be delighted if it actually turned out that way.
—Alfred Morris rushed 25 times for 121 yards. Last year he rushed for over 120 yards just once (125 vs. 49ers in week 12). Morris has not carried as many as 25 times in a game since 2013 against the Vikings (26, Week 10).
—The Redskins converted on 43 percent of their third down opportunities (6 of 14). Last year they converted on just 31.5 percent of their third downs.
—Last year the Redskins allowed both a kickoff return and a punt return for a touchdown. In their season opener last year they allowed a blocked punt to be returned for a touchdown. Against the Dolphins, Jarvis Landry’s 69-yard punt return put them ahead to stay in the fourth quarter.
—Kirk Cousins threw two interceptions against the Dolphins. He now has had multiple turnovers in eight of his 15 NFL games.
—Jamison Crowder averaged 11.5 yards on two punt returns. Last year Andre Roberts was the team’s primary punt returner with an average of 7.4 yards. A very small sample size but so far, so good.
—Today’s schedule: Jay Gruden New conference 3:30, Comcast SportsNet
—Days until: Rams @ Redskins 6; Redskins @ Giants Thursday night 10; Eagles @ Redskins 20
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Gruden presser wrapup: Even he's not sure what a catch is
- Why all options are on the table for Redskins' offensive line
- With injuries at cornerback, Fuller is the next man up for the Redskins
- Will DeAngelo Hall return to the Redskins in 2017?
- A lucky win for the Redskins? Or were Giants lucky to be in it?
- Need to Know: Redskins 29, Giants 27 by the numbers
- MRI reveals Redskins' DeAngelo Hall has completely torn ACL
- Su'a Cravens channels Chappelle Show in perfect postgame tweet after Redskins win
- Jamison Crowder drops Giants special-teamer with obscene juke
- Quinton Dunbar did something Redskins haven't done since before Facebook existed