Aug 30, 2015, 7:17 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Sunday, August 30, six days before the Washington Redskins make their final cuts.
Stock up/Stock down vs. Ravens
We are three days away from the first round of cuts and six days away from the final cutdown. Plus there are plenty of depth chart spots to be decided. It’s getting very late and here are some Redskins who made positive and negative impressions against the Ravens.
Up—WR Jamison Crowder: He made his pro debut in style, alertly plucking a tipped ball out of the air and gliding in for a touchdown.
Down—OT Morgan Moses: A whole lot went wrong on Terrell Suggs’ interception of a Kirk Cousins bubble screen including Moses’ failure to cut Suggs so he couldn’t make the interception. Run blocking from the right side first unit was not too good.
Up—WR Rashad Ross: He had six catches for 56 yards and two touchdowns. The numbers really don’t work for him to stay on the roster but he is going to make it very difficult for the Redskins to cut him and he might be earning a job elsewhere.
Down—FS Dashon Goldson: Twice he had a bead on Ravens receiver Steve Smith and twice he was unable to make the tackle. One misplays resulted in a first down, the other in a 63-yard touchdown (David Amerson also had a shot at Smith on that one). Your last line of defense has to make those plays.
Up—OLB Jackson Jeffcoat: His roster chances were slim until Junior Galette was lost for the season last week. Jeff coat responded with an interception that set up a touchdown and a sack/strip of Matt Schaub.
Who did I miss? Let me know in the comments.
—Today’s schedule: Off day
—It’s been 245 days since the Redskins played a game. It will be 14 days until they play the Dolphins at FedEx Field.
—Days until: Final cuts 6; Rams @ Redskins 21; Redskins @ Giants Thursday night 25
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Don't mess with Trent Williams. Seriously. Watch this video.
- Even without Robert Griffin III's return, Redskins-Browns is plenty big
- Need to Know: Are the Redskins committed to the run?
- If hairline fracture not enough, Cowboys Dez Bryant reportedly fined
- Redskins preparing for Browns - without Josh Doctson
- Gruden: Redskins still sorting out offensive line changes
- Week 4 Redskins injury report: Three starters out of practice
- New RedskinsTalk Podcast - Injury trouble emerges after Giant win
- Redskins Playbook: Lots of moving parts with injuries on O-line, secondary
- Redskins forced to shuffle interior O-line again