Aug 21, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Friday, August 21, eight days before the Washington Redskins play the Baltimore Ravens
Stock up/Stock down vs. the Lions
Here are some who saw their value go up and some who saw it drop during Thursday’s preseason win over the Lions.
Up—LB Houston Bates: A lot of you here have asked me about him and he finally had a game to live up to his fan favorite status. He was one of the first linebackers off the bench and posted three tackles including a sack for a loss of 12 yards.
Down—OL Willie Smith: He got a good chance to shine with a start at left tackle as Trent Williams rested. But he struggled mightily against the Lions and the team likely will seek other options should Williams get injured.
Up—RB Trey Williams: He led the team in rushing with 52 yards on 10 carries, including on he popped for 38 yards. He still needs to maneuver better between the tackles but if he can break off a long run in each of the last two preseason game he could make it very hard to release him on September 5.
Down—G Brandon Scherff: I don’t want to keep banging on the offensive line but Scherff had his struggles, too. On one of three sacks Robert Griffin III took in eight dropbacks was right through Scherff. He did not have a good day but the important thing is that he learns from it.
Up—WR Rashad Ross: The numbers at wide receiver work against him but he led the team with 39 receiving yards on four catches plus a touchdown. He could be working himself into a position where if he doesn’t make this team he will make another team.
Who did I miss? Who do you think played well? Let me know in the comments.
—Today’s schedule: Off day
—It’s been 236 days since the Redskins played a game. It will be 23 days until they play the Dolphins at FedEx Field.
—Days until: Preseason Redskins @ Ravens 8; final cuts 15; Redskins @ Giants Thursday night 34
Follow Us On Twitter
- Statistic Surprise - Redskins used Su'a Cravens sparingly against Detroit
- New #RedskinsTalk Podcast - Barstool Nate professes love for Kirk Cousins & London football
- State of the Redskins, Week 8—A very long business trip on tap
- Need to Know: First look at Redskins vs. Bengals—Which team is more desperate?
- Facebook Live pres. by Paisano's: Previewing London with Ryan Kerrigan
- Redskins vs. Bengals: London game time, TV channel, how to watch
- NFC East: Admitted domestic abuser Josh Brown released by Giants
- Despite mistakes, Redskins' Gruden has faith in WR Grant
- NFC East Update: Redskins loss in Detroit might prove costly as Eagles beat Vikings
- Jay Gruden understands Redskins D-line complaints: They don't get paid to backpedal