Aug 2, 2015, 6:31 PM EDT
RICHMOND— There was some cloud cover in the area provided a welcome relief from the searing heat of the past few days as the Redskins held Day 4 of their training camp practice.
—Junior Galette was still very limited, doing mostly hand placement work with an assistant coach.
—Getting veterans’ days off were Ryan Kerrigan, Trent Williams, and Kory Lichtensteiger. DeSean Jackson participated in some individual work but he sat out most of the session with a dislocated finger.
—Pre-practice stretching seems to be more thorough this year than it was in the past. Mike Clark has them doing precise exercises to stretch hamstrings, Achilles, cores, and anything else that could be strained or sprained.
—With Williams and Lichtensteiger out, Morgan Moses worked with the first team at right tackle and Josh LeRibeus was at center
—Colt McCoy, working with the second team, has had his ups and (mostly) downs in camp. But he got off to a good start today. He dropped back, had some time, and fired a pass right to Ryan Grant. McCoy later had a dart in traffic complete to Jamison Crowder.
—We almost had our first scuffle of the season as OLB Trent Murphy and OT Takoby Cofield were unhappy with each other at the end of a pass-rushing drill. They exchanged words and there would have been a physical altercation had teammates not intervened.
—Preston Smith had a tough time in those one-on-one pass rushing drills. Morgan Moses twice rode Smith outside and then Takoby Cofield drove him to the ground. He will have better days.
—Trey Williams displayed some blurry fast speed on a run off of the right end. He took a handoff, had some running room, and he was 15 yards downfield in a flash. I still think the numbers work against him
—Very good touch on a deep pass by Robert Griffin III. On a straight dropback he put just enough air under a deep pass down the sideline to Ryan Grant. He ran under the pass and it dropped into his arms about 40 yards downfield. Griffin was fairly sharp all day, although he probably would have taken a few sacks had there been contact.
Follow Us On Twitter
- Browns WR Josh Gordon decides he needs to enter rehab
- Gruden presser wrapup: Redskins' Jackson should be ready for Browns
- Duke Ihenacho: Obviously I want to be playing but it's the coach's decision
- Signed off Redskins practice squad, center Austin Reiter could start for Browns
- Redskins have been protecting Kirk Cousins well
- Redskins Playbook: Nothing certain for Redskins at left guard
- Many changes in Redskins secondary but David Bruton healthy, ready to go
- After shadowing Odell Beckham, Redskins have different plans for Josh Norman against Terrelle Pryor
- Redskins rookie Robert Kelley has funny, honest reaction to his first NFL carries
- New Redskins center Sullivan says he'll be ready quickly