Jun 9, 2015, 5:10 AM EDT
Here is what you need to know on this Tuesday, June 9, 7 days before the Washington Redskins start minicamp.
What I’ll be looking for at today’s OTA session:
Texans practices—The team announced them yesterday so we’ll ask Jay Gruden how it came about and what they hope to get out of it.
Jamison Crowder’s situation—The story of domestic violence accusations coming via Crowder’s own since-deleted Instagram account has hung in the air since it came to light last week. If he is there we hopefully will get a chance to get his side of the story. In either case we will see what Gruden has to say about it.
RG3’s progress—The question virtually every week will be if he is better than he was the week before. Griffin threw some nice passes last week but at times he looked like he did on worst days in 2014. Fewer bad plays and/or more quick, solid decisions will be a good sign that he is making enough progress to hold on to his job.
Strong safety—Duke Ihenacho has been lining up as the starting safety during the OTA sessions that have been open to the media. But we only see one out of three OTAs per week and the word is that Jeron Johnson is lining up with the starters on some of the closed days. This likely will be a competition that will last into training camp and maybe into the regular season.
Follow me @Rich_TandlerCSN and Tarik El-Bashir (@TarikCSN) to keep up with what’s going on at OTAs today. Things get going at 11:15. I’ll have the practice report up in the afternoon.
—Today’s schedule: OTA 11:15, open to media. Player availability and Jay Gruden and Sean McVay news conferences after OTA, approx. 1:10.
—It’s been 163 days since the Redskins played a game. It will be 97 days until they play the Dolphins at FedEx Field.
—Days until: Redskins minicamp starts 8; Redskins training camp starts 52; Preseason opener @ Browns 67
If you have any questions about what’s going on at Redskins Park, hit me up in the comments. And I’m always on Twitter @Rich_TandlerCSN.
In case you missed it
Follow Us On Twitter
- Redskins announce Lichtensteiger, Hall to injured reserve, two players signed
- Redskins move Kory Lichtensteiger to IR, make add at center, per report
- With DeAngelo Hall done for the year, Redskins try out former Gators safety
- Redskins' Cousins passing more often and more effectively on first down
- Number Crunch - Redskins offense looks poised for a breakout
- Center depth issues not new for Redskins - even with attempts to improve
- Kouandjio likely to start at left guard for Redskins on Sunday
- Need to Know: Final thoughts on Redskins vs. Giants—Is the Cousins of 2015 back yet?
- Gruden presser wrapup: Even he's not sure what a catch is
- Why all options are on the table for Redskins' offensive line